Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If our DBs play that soft coverage and give a 10 - 15 yard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,858

If our DBs play that soft coverage and give a 10 - 15 yard

Nov 26, 2013, 3:42 PM

cusion it will be hard to get the D off the field.

If Morris calls too many long bombs, Boyd will be on his back more all night.

If Boyd gets rattled early, well...

But I don't think any of that will happen. I think Clemson wins and it won't be as close as most expect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If our DBs play that soft coverage and give a 10 - 15 yard

Nov 26, 2013, 3:52 PM

Play of the defensive secondaries will determine who wins. If Shaw hits the wide open receivers that GT and Citadel missed the last two weeks, it could be ugly. Hope Tajh is on his game.

I think El Cid only missed 1 open receiver ....***

Nov 26, 2013, 4:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, because our safety play will be the same as it was

Nov 26, 2013, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: If our DBs play that soft coverage and give a 10 - 15 yard ]

against GT & ElCid...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I agree with your sentiment, but being thin at that position

Nov 26, 2013, 4:36 PM

still doesn't instill a lot of confidence. I know Blanks hasn't been playing up to the standard that most have expected of him so some may be quick to write off his injury as a minor loss. I'd still much rather have him available and playing...more often than not, we see the one or two bad plays and overlook all the great things he does.

If we have an effective pass rush and our DTs stuff the run, it'll help us out tremendously. I think Vic and company can get it done. Guy gets held all the time and still manages to make plays...

Nov 26, 2013, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: If our DBs play that soft coverage and give a 10 - 15 yard ]

> Play of the defensive secondaries will determine who
> wins. If Shaw hits the wide open receivers that GT
> and Citadel missed the last two weeks, it could be
> ugly. Hope Tajh is on his game.

It really isn't fair to compare their play to teams like GT and the Citadel. They run 98.7 % of the time, so you kind of expect a DB to let a receiver go past him when he comes up to help stop them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2013, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: If our DBs play that soft coverage and give a 10 - 15 yard ]

Who doesn't miss a WR in a game? Really? Boyd has overthrown plenty of guys wide open this year, so if he's on...it could get ugly too lol. All that kinda talk is pointless.

This place is infested.***

Nov 27, 2013, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: If our DBs play that soft coverage and give a 10 - 15 yard ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Our CBs have played much better this year on a whole

Nov 26, 2013, 3:55 PM

I expect us to jam them at the LOS and play our safeties deep unless their run game gets going and we're forced to cheat a safety in the box. However, if that happens we are already in trouble.

I think a lot of that can be attributed to a more effective

Nov 26, 2013, 4:39 PM

pass rush...they go hand in hand. QBs are having to make quick decisions and force some passes making it a little easier on our secondary to make a play.

If USuCk negates the pass rush, our secondary will look bad but that is to be expected. You can't cover a guy all day long...sooner or later the QB will find a guy open or make the play with his feet.

Nov 26, 2013, 4:10 PM

Lot of ifs on this board. Here is an if for you. If we play like we have the last 4 weeks there will be no ifs. We win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2013, 4:10 PM

Our D is 10 times better than last year and unlike last year for this very game, we atleast have more than 2 CB's available and all are healthy. As far as the offense goes, I think Morris will mix it up a lot and keep SC on they're heels. We will have to take shots down field, but only when the time is right. I expect to see a lot of read options, screens and quick slants to open up the deep ball. I just hope Boyd does a good job on the Read option, he tends to get Hot Rod murdered on several occasions when he should have pulled it back. Again, all this boils down to PROTECTION and creating holes!

Nov 26, 2013, 4:16 PM

Line play will be the determining factor. Win the trench warfare.

El Cid only threw six passes!

We ran NONE of our screens last year

Nov 26, 2013, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: If our DBs play that soft coverage and give a 10 - 15 yard ]

not even or normal WR screens to the outside. I can't remember seeing us run those once all game.

Re: We ran NONE of our screens last year

Nov 26, 2013, 4:46 PM

We probably didn't, that would explain why Boyd got sacked about 6 or 7 times. We're going to have to run some quick plays to neutralize the pass rush. I just hope we don't do those long dragged out play action passes that looks like they're in slow motion, he will be sacked before he looks down field if they do that to much. Just gotta mix it up.

Nov 26, 2013, 4:49 PM [ in reply to We ran NONE of our screens last year ]

That is true. We ran the ball pretty well the first half too, but got away from it in the second. All downhill from there. I'm still at a loss on the playcalling last year.

Nov 27, 2013, 11:53 AM

Screens will not work against the #####! Down field blocking isn't good enough and the chickens cover to well. If the OL doesn't block .... I will not 'tune in' to tigernet sunday morning.

To me, this will be the determining factor as to whether

Nov 27, 2013, 11:58 AM

our O line has improved. If we give up another plethora of sacks Saturday, I think it will be time to make some changes...whatever that entails.

Re: To me, this will be the determining factor as to whether

Nov 27, 2013, 12:06 PM

Agree with that. The line play has kept us from being as good as most fans think we are. I hate to say it but the elite teams in the sec have them and Bama especially has the big guys who win big games. RECRUIT tough guys and let the little athletes go somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I'm excited about guys like this

Nov 27, 2013, 12:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B94-aKdfoQU

Can't wait to see our line next year...

Jam their WR's at the line.

Nov 27, 2013, 12:37 PM

I don't believe they're physical enough to beat us on a jam.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,858
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic