Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If it's true that KB transfers.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 900

If it's true that KB transfers.....

Sep 26, 2018, 9:24 AM

I'm reading two different angles on it. One is that he's young and he's done his best and he needs to do what's best for him.

And the other is that when you play football, particularly at this level and for as long as he has, that you are part of a team. You make a commitment to that team, not to your own career.

I think he's a really good quarterback and seems to be a great kid, but he's not NFL material, I think that much is something we can all agree upon. So what's he gaining if he transfers? More starts? Maybe, maybe not. That "nothing is guaranteed" guarantee is in place at every program. What's he losing if he transfers? The ability to continue to be a leader on this team, to contribute to a potential ACC championship and CFP run, to show that he's committed to this team more than to his own ambitions, do continue to develop with some of the best players and coaches in the game.

I know it's a tough place to be in, particularly in such a public position and for a team with the exposure that Clemson gets. Just seems to me that he'd be better served all the way around by sticking it out, buckling down, and doing his best, whether that means starting or not or however much playing time.

Maybe he's getting bad advice. Maybe he has too much pride. Maybe he just wants to play more. I don't know. I just don't see how he comes out better, overall, by transferring. Just my two cents. Ultimately, it's his decision and his decision alone, and I'm not going to bash a kid for the decisions they make. I may disagree, but I won't bash him. I just hope it's well thought out and considered.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 900
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic