Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Dabo played big Dex it’s not cheating
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

If Dabo played big Dex it’s not cheating

Dec 26, 2018, 4:29 PM

It wouldn’t be cheating if Dabo knew without a shadow of a doubt Dex did nothing wrong. Regardless of what the NCAA says. It’s only cheating if Dex knowingly took something. I just can’t see punishing a college student for doing something that he didn’t do. It’s just not fair

Message was edited by: Jessy89

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Close your eyes real tight and imagine this happened

Dec 26, 2018, 4:32 PM

at UGA, USUC, or Bama.

What would you think?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Close your eyes real tight and imagine this happened

Dec 26, 2018, 4:34 PM

I see your point but what happens when it come out. That he did nothing wrong and was wrongfully punished.

Once the B sample comes back positive, the NCAA

Dec 26, 2018, 4:43 PM

suspends him, no Dabo. So the suspension will not be on Dabo, whether Dexter wins his appeal later in the year or not. For the record, I am pretty sure he will win his appeal. I am also, however, pretty sure the B sample will come back positive. It is the same urine that was taken, just some was put in sample A cup and some in sample B cup.

Now, I believe Clemson could play him pending an appeal being filed and not completed yet, but I don't know if, in the event of a failed appeal, We could be punished for playing an ineligible player. I think not because, he would technically be eligible at the time of playing him. In some cases, immigrant cases for example, the person is "legal pending process".

Not sure if that applies here.

Re: Once the B sample comes back positive, the NCAA

Dec 26, 2018, 4:47 PM

One example... Bobby Bowden left a bunch of games on the table...Many teams have had games and Championships taken away for ineligible players...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, and that would be the last thing we want.***

Dec 26, 2018, 5:02 PM

Dec 26, 2018, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Once the B sample comes back positive, the NCAA ]

It's not suppose to the same type test on a retest. They are suppose to use a more accurate test that checks for concentration of the drug that they are suspected to have taken, and it takes more than just a trace to get a positive test!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly***

Dec 26, 2018, 8:52 PM

The B sample is tested to see if the concentration falls within certain parameters. The A sample basically shows only presence of the substance.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Wow, I didn't know this tidbit. Thanks for clearing that up

Dec 27, 2018, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Once the B sample comes back positive, the NCAA ]

for me. Maybe there is more of a shot than I have been thinking. Let's hope.

Dec 26, 2018, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Once the B sample comes back positive, the NCAA ]

I know that it would not happen, but since the CFP is not part of the NCAA, could they not make a decision that is not in line with the NCAA? I do think that if the B sample comes back positive then the young men should sit out until the circumstances are ironed out, but does the NCAA really have a dog in this fight?

Honestly, I believe Tnet would be buzzing with

Dec 26, 2018, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Close your eyes real tight and imagine this happened ]

outrage and certainty that the infractions were part of the program's and coach's plan to gain an illegal advantage. 9 out of 10 posts would be calling for immediate sanctions against the program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can I open my eyes yet?***

Dec 27, 2018, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Close your eyes real tight and imagine this happened ]

Re: If Dabo played big Dex it’s not cheating

Dec 26, 2018, 5:01 PM

I call it sentencing without a trial bc that is really what it is. And nothing they can do after the game has been played to fix it. That's like convicting someone for something that they were in a coma a 1000 miles away from the crime when it was committed!!! They don't have any idea of what they were convicted for. They are saying that Dex, Galloway, and Giella are a 100% guilty without convincing evidence, and without checking to see if their accusation is true and knowing that the accuser (a cheap test) has been wrong "many" times prior... That is the system that they have unsuspecting "kids" that believed they would be treated fairly playing in!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 1:02 AM

Thanks for saying exactly what I’ve been thinking. In what world is this fair?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 5:05 PM

Dabo wouldn’t play him if there’s even a sliver of a chance he wouldn’t win the appeal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 5:22 PM

Kind of surprised that the CFP folks haven't contacted the NCAA yet to ask them more or less...hey guys ### on this, can you either give some specifics and work it out with the players to determine intent or declare this a containment instead otherwise? Simply based on the fact that it seems like this would really hurt ratings for people that want to see the best players of the best teams on the field for these games...

Then again, everybody likes a train wreck and pulls for underdogs, so maybe this will increase ratings since so many fans without a team there probably just want us to lose anyways and think this increases the chances...sigh.

Dec 26, 2018, 5:42 PM

Unless the process of keeping urine fresh after more than 72 hours, I don't see how a sample "B" would be legit. My wife was a nurse for 30 something years and she stated that urine samples were no good after a couple days. What did they do freeze it?

Dec 26, 2018, 8:46 PM

In my past life, if a person failed the initial test, the sample was sent to the main lab that day and a full Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC-MS) was completed and the results were known in 48 to 72 hours. However, I did read it could take up to week.

Message was edited by: saddis56

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 8:54 PM

Yeah doesn't make sense to get a positive test back with that low of a reading and not automatically send sample B for a more comprehensive test. Seems that would have happened immediately. Dont have a lot of hope for a reversal.

Dec 26, 2018, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: If Dabo played big Dex it’s not cheating ]

With the team being notified last Thursday of the test failures, it will be a week tomorrow so the results should be in if they are not already known.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 8:03 AM

“It’s not a lie, if you believe it”
-George Costanza

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic