Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clowney goes to ATL then my Falcon days are done
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

If Clowney goes to ATL then my Falcon days are done

Apr 28, 2014, 7:46 PM

Already gave them a mulligan on Matt Ryan

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda' like the Panthers...

Apr 28, 2014, 7:47 PM

can't pull for a team that puts Cluckers on the roster.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Interesting- you take it a more serious than the players

Apr 28, 2014, 9:40 PM

do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

edit "take it more serious"***

Re: edit "take it more seriously"******

Apr 29, 2014, 12:08 PM

If, indeed, Houston trades the pick to Atl....

Apr 28, 2014, 7:57 PM

it'll be interesting to see what the Falcons have to give up to get Clowney.....Atlanta's history of making good decisions in matters such as these is not very good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If, indeed, Houston trades the pick to Atl....

Apr 28, 2014, 10:40 PM

I think according to the draft chart it would be at least this year's 1st rounder, next year's 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder. Maybe more. Not sure how they count next year's 1st rounder in terms of point since it can be a much later pick.

I expect Clowney to be a bust in the NFL. The kid is lazy.***

Apr 28, 2014, 8:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I expect Clowney to be a bust in the NFL. The kid is lazy.***

Apr 28, 2014, 10:38 PM

Even though Tajh says that Clowney is the best player in the draft and should be drafted #1? So obviously you don't think much of Tajh's judgement?

are you trying to change the subject or do you have anything

Apr 29, 2014, 6:27 AM

relevant to add?

Re: are you trying to change the subject or do you have anything

Apr 29, 2014, 7:11 AM

Clowney will be the #1 pick, and will be a star for many years in the NFL. How's that for relevance? Of course, Tajh's opinion should be relevant also, since he's seen Clowney in very up close and personal situations.

Tajh is not a scout and I'm sure they know more about that

Apr 29, 2014, 8:38 AM

than he does. But yes, he did see him in games and on film as he was preparing to lead the 12th best offense (sc was 33rd) and 8th best passing offense (sc was 39th). You're top player, Clowny, led your defense to an impressive T-64th in the NCAA while our defense was T-13th in the NCAA. Your team leader did not lead the team! But yes, all you have to brag about is beating a team from the ACC 5 times and that is something that has not happened before in your life OR your fathers life---we have done it several times!

Re: Tajh is not a scout and I'm sure they know more about that

Apr 29, 2014, 9:58 AM

You can't compare Clemson's stats and Carolina's stats. No matter what team you pull for you still have to realize that the competition in the ACC is not as physical as the SEC. The SEC is a harder conference to play in. Florida State and Clemson were good last year but there wasn't much competition in the rest of the conference. When you take a 4-4 Texas A&M (in Conf record) and have them play a 6-2 Duke (In conf record) the team that should win that game should be the 6-2 team. That is if the conferences are equal but they are not. Im all about rivalry but if you can't see how good Clowney is Gamecock or not I think you may be watching the wrong sport.

Apr 29, 2014, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Tajh is not a scout and I'm sure they know more about that ]

I think it is so hilarious that some Tiger fans need to bring up history, ACC stats, Dabo's religious beliefs, and anything else to salve over the unquestioned fact that the Gamecocks are now a better football program. Clue: The most important interaction between these two rivals is football, in front of 90,000 people and millions more on TV the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Fact: The Clemson Tigers have dominated this series for over a century. Fact: South Carolina has had the better program for the past five years. As for the continuation of that five year streak? Well, that just depends on how many more extensions Dabo gets, doesn't it?

Apr 29, 2014, 11:17 AM

I love it how y'all get so defensive on a Clemson site.

smh my head

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2014, 12:07 PM

Defensive? Not at all! Just want to clear up any delusional thinking that some people feed on. Please keep practicing that "shaking my head" thing.......it'll come in handy about the 3rd quarter of a game the Saturday after Thanksgiving, LOL!

Apr 29, 2014, 12:17 PM

But once again, as good as he was, as great as your program is supposed to be, what is there to show? Nothing. He's gone. He'll be in the NFL for a while, then start hanging around Columbia to try to pick up money to pay off some loans or a car. Every coach has said the same thing about him, but it's gonna change when they start handing him money.... HAHA YOU ###### MORON

Apr 29, 2014, 12:40 PM

No coaches have said that about him --- quite the opposite. What is there to show? Let's see, when was the last time Clemson won 11 games three years running?

Has spurrier said things?

Apr 29, 2014, 12:42 PM

No? Surprising, on account of him being such a great judge of character...

What you got to show in the trophy case?? Or banner wise?

Apr 29, 2014, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Tajh is not a scout and I'm sure they know more about that ]

They put up another baseball banner in the cockroach we don't know about? Does a miniature Samuel L. Jackson hold your credit card trophy in your case??

Samuel L prefers Clemson, remember?

Apr 29, 2014, 12:47 PM

lol

Apr 30, 2014, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Tajh is not a scout and I'm sure they know more about that ]

After he left HS it came out he barely graduated, I'm no genius but #### he was number 1 recruit in the nation and barely got out of HS? Doesn't add up. I think Spurrier said something ab it, and as much as Spurrier is talked ab on this board you best believe we all seen that?

11 wins? That's your big accomplishment? Congrats. Now it would be really sad if 11 wins meant a ring is on the way. 11 wins, lol as great as y'all claim to be that should be a disappointment.

Coaches poll. I think that's what you said next. I was laughing about you thinking 11 wins is a big accomplishment. I know one set of fans and school that would make that in to something. You're supposed to win, don't act so surprised to do it. With Kentucky and Vandy and Coastal Carolina, UT, struggling Florida, I hope you can get some wins. You went to a meaningless bowl, and the SEC drunk it up in every bowl that counts. So by default, you get to jump other powerhouse teams in your own conference who forget to bring that big boy SEC football attitude when it counts.

You would think that after all of that a Scar fan could say "yeah we are good, just wait til next year we will be better. We'll show everybody." Instead, you scream "WE'RE RELEVANT TALK ABOUT US LOOK AT US WE FINALLY WON!", on a rival board. You see what I mean? That's why you get no respect, from anyone.

Not just Clemson, nobody respects you. Do something with class. Act like you've done it before. 5 bombs and all that ########, every Scar fan I am friends with on Facebook has some kind of picture with a tiger paw in it talking about beating us. I think that is much bigger than 11 wins to Scar fans. Pathetic. Go away. Sit at home and hope history doesn't repeat itself and Scar goes down the ####### again

delusional? Clowney is lazy and does not give 100%, maybe

Apr 29, 2014, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Tajh is not a scout and I'm sure they know more about that ]

you are the one with the colored glasses on. I was just saying your best player did not improve your team as much as our......uh second or third best player did. You brought Tajh up, I just offered my opinion, I'm sooo sorry if I hurt your feelings....not

Re: delusional? Clowney is lazy and does not give 100%, maybe

Apr 29, 2014, 12:49 PM

You're so right! Clowney was never the object of any team's game plan was he? I wouldn't believe what the coaches and players who played against him said either (including Clemson players and coaches). Not to mention NFL scouts (not the press) and GM's. This is why I'm on here--to dispute garbage and untruths like you just mentioned. My feelings are not hurt--I know which team has the better history, but the difference is that I can admit it. Some Tiger fans feel it is an insult to their Dabo-worship if they concede that SC now has the better program, which the entire nation understands. Hey, I love Dabo! He's been great for both schools!

I can admit that Usuck has had the better TEAM the last few

Apr 29, 2014, 12:53 PM

years... but see you're saying PROGRAM, which is where I draw the line.

You see, good PROGRAMS have a history. They has a consistently good product. The recruit very well. They have excellent brand recognition. They have traditions that people know about. They have excellent teams. good PROGRAMS have a trophy case.

Yes... USC has had 3 consecutive excellent teams, I'll concede. But as far as the aforementioned stuff goes... well... Sorry man :/

Re: I can admit that Usuck has had the better TEAM the last few

Apr 29, 2014, 2:57 PM

Fair enough! I see your point, and I respect that. I've never said, thought, or even hinted that SC has the better historic program.....no possible way! I'm simply saying that the SC football program is now more nationally respected than Clemson, hence the poll disparity these past several years.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Apr 29, 2014, 3:27 PM

do you mean this disparity? sc at #4 and us at #7 and #8, I admit that this is the best y'all have ever been in 120 years but to say that your program is far ahead of ours is ludicrous.

Re: http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Apr 29, 2014, 4:31 PM

Man, this is just killing you, isn't it? Did I say far ahead? I simply said better each year in all of the national polls, but you can't even admit the facts in front of your eyes! You just keep on drinking that orange kool-aid, and let's all wait and see who is right the Saturday after Thanksgiving, in Death Valley. Just curious, but if by the slimmest of chances (looking through your orange-tinted glasses) the Tigers lose for the sixth straight time, third in a row in the Valley, would Dabo be up for a ten year or twelve year extension?

when we got invited to a BCS bowl game as an at large bid

Apr 29, 2014, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Tajh is not a scout and I'm sure they know more about that ]

after our loss to y'all, well that says a lot right there. The rest of the country does not share your opinion of you as to the quality of our program.

Re: when we got invited to a BCS bowl game as an at large bid

Apr 29, 2014, 12:35 PM

Just look at the final rankings in any national poll of the last five years......case closed, next!

Enjoy you're framed newspaper clippings of final rankings

Apr 29, 2014, 12:36 PM

We'll just keep our Orange Bowl trophy, thanks.

and your national joke 5th place rings***

Apr 29, 2014, 1:39 PM

Apr 29, 2014, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Tajh is not a scout and I'm sure they know more about that ]

You do realize that Clemson has only beaten South Carolina in football more than four times in a row one time (1934-1940) in the history of the series, don't you?

Apr 29, 2014, 2:16 PM

Arbitrary stats are fun.

As a personnel manager for 25 years I can detect laziness when I see it.

Apr 29, 2014, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I expect Clowney to be a bust in the NFL. The kid is lazy.*** ]

He could be great, but he has lazy tendencies. Lazy usually wins in the end. Tajh is a class guy and would not point out anything bad about one of his competitors even if he does recognize it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this much is known by everyone and I suspect that is the

Apr 29, 2014, 6:25 AM [ in reply to I expect Clowney to be a bust in the NFL. The kid is lazy.*** ]

only reason Houston is looking to trade. There are DE's and QB's that they can get later and pick up more picks----it's a good move by them.

Just start pulling for the Jets. Looks they they could be

Clemson North.

Re: If Clowney goes to ATL then my Falcon days are done

Apr 29, 2014, 10:40 AM

It's boom or bust for Demitroff...he will give away the farm in an effort to keep his job. If it doesn't pan out, then he will not be around to suffer the consequences of his desparate play.

Also, I think Clowney living in the ATL would be bad for the kid...too many distractions and too much money to play with.

trading away that #1 pick for a couple of other 1st rounders

Apr 29, 2014, 12:27 PM

and maybe a third or fourth would be THE best option and any GM worth his salt knows it!

I'm a Raiders fan and if drafting a filthy Gamecock

Apr 29, 2014, 12:23 PM

got them a Superbowl, I'd be totally fine with it. That said, I do laugh and mock the Panthers every time Munnerlan does something stupid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine were done when they wouldn't extend Billy Joe Tolliver.***

Apr 29, 2014, 12:42 PM

21 ignored user posts in one thread!!

Apr 29, 2014, 4:11 PM

Is that a TNET record ?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My team loyalty far outweighs the players on it

Apr 29, 2014, 4:33 PM

If Clowney joins mine so be it. Wouldn't be the first time a Coot plays on my team and won't be the last. Rather not have him, but players come and go. Anyone who could change loyalty over one guy tells me they probably didn't have that much diehard loyalty in the first place.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic