Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Bama loses to LSU with Tua out...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

If Bama loses to LSU with Tua out...

Oct 20, 2019, 8:44 PM

Expect a strong push and much whining from Saban, the Bama faithful, ESPN, and the SEC- They should get in anyway because they weren't at full strength and without Tua they are "certainly" one of the top 4 teams in the country with him.

Get ready, it's coming. Target will be on our backs. Big 10 will get a spot, SEC will cry for 2, then it's probably us or Oklahoma- if the Playoff Committee listens to this crap.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said that last night and think the whole thing

Oct 20, 2019, 8:47 PM

is being orchestrated. Tua will not play against LSU when he is able to in order to push that narrative.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/ESPN-and-the-SECs-strategy-is-to-26176200

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I said that last night and think the whole thing

Oct 20, 2019, 8:51 PM

Great minds think alike. I missed your post, wasn't on after the game yesterday.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I said that last night and think the whole thing

Oct 20, 2019, 8:51 PM [ in reply to I said that last night and think the whole thing ]

Hopefully it will blow up in their faces like with the Big XII trying to get both TCU and Baylor in.
But the bias is strong so I doubt it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It only works if we lose or the other conferences have

Oct 20, 2019, 8:54 PM

a one loss team. If the ACC, BIG and Big 12 have undefeated teams they all get in with one from the SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Bama loses to LSU with Tua out...

Oct 20, 2019, 8:49 PM

Shouldn’t every 1-loss P5 coach do this and lobby to get his team in the CFP? If this happens, why blame Saban for doing his job?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 8:52 PM

I'm not blaming him. The ESPiN is who I blame.

Oct 20, 2019, 9:06 PM

Tua has three weeks to recover.

Oct 20, 2019, 9:26 PM

First off, they said he would be out 1-2 weeks - LSU is 3 weeks so he's probably good to go. 2ndly - I think LSU and Auburn beat Bama with Tua. They can't run, they have 4 true freshman DL. They were struggling pre-injury vs TN with Tua. They are a good team but not quite 2018 Bama.

And re: orchestrated Tua injury I REALLY hope that was a joke. 'Cause it is....a joke....whether intended or not. If they 'planned' that - he came within an inch of breaking that ankle the way it got rolled on.

Just think if Arkansas pulls out the game of their life and upsets a Tua-less Bama....you think we catch flack for close UNC win. I don't think there would be any forgiveness for that loss. But again, I think they lose to LSU and probably Auburn so won't matter.

Oct 20, 2019, 9:59 PM

I think the surgery on a sprain is more likely to insure Tua is back to play in the LSU game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama needs to worry about beating Arkansas

Oct 20, 2019, 10:01 PM

...with Tua out first.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic