Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Auburn can have a statue of Cam Newton, how can we not...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

If Auburn can have a statue of Cam Newton, how can we not...

Jan 16, 2015, 2:32 AM

have one of Frank Howard, John Heisman, and Danny Ford? I feel Clemson University is trying to make sure its understood that no one person is above the University and I respect that but at what point are you ignoring your past by not respecting it enough?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Auburn can have a statue of Cam Newton, how can we not...

Jan 16, 2015, 2:58 AM

I really believe we deserve statues of Frank Howard and Danny Ford. One has the most wins and has a rock and the other gave us our only national championship.

You do realize that it is Clemson University not

Jan 16, 2015, 3:40 AM

Clemson Athletics University. We are not chodes that put up statues of sports figures. We have statues of Walter Cox, TGC and one military memorial statue. The Cub statue is enough athletic statues. Not to mention Frank would roll over in his grave, and Danny would want the money spent elsewhere.

The Cub Statue is probably the biggest flop***

Jan 16, 2015, 4:27 AM

not sure what you expect a statue to do, but my kids high 5

Jan 16, 2015, 8:20 AM

the cub statue everytime we go by the IPTAY office.

Message was edited by: tiger_swimmer®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 16, 2015, 3:58 AM

Because Auburn, like the rest of the SEC, is a fraudulent institution which sold its soul to the devil for a NC?

Jan 16, 2015, 6:24 AM

#waitingtobuilddabos#

I've long held to the premise that a statue shouldn't be

Jan 16, 2015, 6:49 AM

erected until the honoree has been in his grave for, oh, about 100 years or so.

That way, any dirt lingering about will have dissipated with the wind, and the erectors won't have to worry about tearing the darn thing down.

Coach Howard, thus, has a ways to go, and ole Danny is still alive and kicking, hopefully so for quite a while.

But Walter Merritt Riggs, the Father of Clemson football, will be "available" in 2024, based upon my supposition! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sports statuary is a bit much.***

Jan 16, 2015, 7:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gotta say....kinda funny to see how offended

Jan 16, 2015, 9:12 AM

some of you are at the thought of a statue outside the stadium. It wouldnt be that big of a deal. Both Ford and Howard are a very big part of the University as well as the athletics program. You take those guys away and the football history then the course of Clemson University is entirely different. The success of the major sports programs and the tiger paw generates money, attention, and is the Clemson brand.....not the emblem on the diploma.

Im not against academics or anything so save your arguments....Im just saying that the football program is every bit as important to Clemson as the academics.

Is the Cam statue holding a laptop?***

Jan 16, 2015, 9:22 AM

oooh, great question.

Jan 16, 2015, 9:23 AM

hmm. let me get back to you and ponder that one a while

Best Is The Standard

When did Auburn become the benchmark for this sort of thing?

Jan 16, 2015, 9:30 AM

What an odd question. Auburn having a statue of Cam Newton is something that Auburn will have to live with. But it has no bearing on the decisions of Clemson University.

For goodness sake, we don't need a statue of anyone. We don't need to litter Death Valley with giant, expensive reminders of successes-past, great though they were.

null

Auburn is just an example. I'm guessing you know I could...

Jan 16, 2015, 9:36 AM

have picked from 50 or more others?

Sure. Answers the same, though.

Jan 16, 2015, 10:02 AM

Whether or not we choose to put former coaches on THAT level of a pedestal on our campus is a Clemson decision and Clemson only. It's not like Howard or Ford have ever asked for such an honor. It's not like anyone is having a hard time remembering them because we don't have a statue. It's not like coaches don't want to coach at Clemson because we haven't put statues of previously successful coaches on our campus. It's not like recruits choose universities because of statues, players play better because of statues, or fans come to more games because of statues. So I'm not sure why this is an issue.

null

Well, Notre Dame waited over 2000 yrs to erect Moses' statue!

Jan 16, 2015, 10:09 AM

LOL...and put up one of John Heisman & Frank Howard NOW....and one of Danny when his Ford truck dies!!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was Moses' record at Notre Dame? ******

Jan 16, 2015, 10:13 AM

null

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic