Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'd love to see us cut block GT on some plays this weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I'd love to see us cut block GT on some plays this weekend

Sep 18, 2018, 1:52 PM

Just to give ole Paul a taste of his own medicine

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We took a 15 yard penalty for it last week.***

Sep 18, 2018, 1:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: We took a 15 yard penalty for it last week.***

Sep 18, 2018, 3:17 PM

We were penalized for a chop block, not a cut block. Cut blocks are fair game up to 5 yards from the LOS.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, my good Friend, you know what The Bible says:

Sep 18, 2018, 2:48 PM

An eye for an eye...and a chop block for a chop block.

In fact, probably wouldn't hurt us to take the first penalty for such by laying one of them down and dirty to serve notice: WE AIN'T TAKING THIS CR@P FROM YOU DIRTBAGS ANY MORE!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just want our defensive line

Sep 18, 2018, 2:54 PM

to escape the game without injury. I really hate the GaTech scheme . I would think if someone did the research more football careers are ended because of those chop blocks than than from Targeting.

I would like to see ejections on those penalties.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Always have considered it to be a technique to

Sep 18, 2018, 3:03 PM

put players out of the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't agree with this..

Sep 18, 2018, 3:17 PM

I get the intent of the post but I would never be ok with potentially ending a young mans career over revenge on the coach. I understand they do it and all and a blind side hit to cut the wind out of the player is one thing but cut blocks can affect the rest of your life and their family so I personally wouldn't be ok watching Clemson stoop down to that level when we're known for being much better than that.

Guys, guys.....

Sep 18, 2018, 3:20 PM

Some of you are confusing cut blocks with chop blocks and high-low blocks... There's a big difference. Please look up the descriptions so you know what you're talking about.

Cut blocks are straight up good blocks.

Re: Guys, guys.....

Sep 18, 2018, 3:26 PM

I know what it is, it's "technically" legal but it's very dangerous. Chop block is when a player is engaged with a blocker and another person hit's him in the knees in other words cut blocks him when he is being blocked, a cut block is when they block around the knees to a defender not engaged already, same block just one is already being blocked... Not much difference and can result in the same outcome very easily.

Re: Guys, guys.....

Sep 18, 2018, 3:41 PM

A good cut block is usually administered head-on and most often is delivered below the knees. Since the human leg is hinged to bend backward, it's not so dangerous as a chop block delivered to the side of the knee. On a cut block, the person being blocked sees it coming and can either jump up or to the side or try to defeat the block. His other choice is to turn and run. So, he gets to choose his poison. It's not as dangerous as it's made out to be.

I used the block against LBs about every time I blocked one and the only person it ever hurt was me - with a shoulder separation from a very tough MLB who knew how to defeat the block - not that he did, but he made me pay for it.

Re: I'd love to see us cut block GT on some plays this weekend

Sep 18, 2018, 4:26 PM

Their DL practices against it all week . Wouldn't that technically be giving them an advantage ?

No , we need to dictate the LOS on both sides of the ball , and we will .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic