Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMhO UGa Dawg’s Team & Fans “Should” have won the 2017 Natty, since
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

IMhO UGa Dawg’s Team & Fans “Should” have won the 2017 Natty, since

Apr 21, 2018, 1:24 PM

they were a super team all year, freshman qb Fromm was unreal good, they took 40K fans to ND & won, then won sec East & then won SEC Championship, then out-scored OK & Heisman Man in the best, most exciting, longest & highest scoring Rose Bowl game in 100+ years..in 2 freaking OT’s!

and took it to the Tide until the last play..in OT!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMhO UGa Dawg’s Team & Fans “Should” have won the 2017 Natty, since

Apr 21, 2018, 2:03 PM

Thanks for the kind words, but we just didn't get it done. We finished the year against our traditional rival, a complete #4 Auburn team (with Kerryon), Oklahoma, then Bama - all away from home. And came up 1 play short. Not sure how many teams could run those 4 straight.

We had a group over my house watching the Rose and Sugar Bowls, and believe it or not, everyone was pulling for your guys to beat Bama.

Vs Bama, we played good D all game except for one bust on the final play. Oh well, we got it reloaded and we'll make a run this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2018, 2:43 PM

Well in 16 we beat ND, Auburn, FSU , Ohio st and Bama.
To win it all
Plus a top 10 UNC team

Apr 21, 2018, 2:43 PM

ND was 15

Apr 21, 2018, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: IMhO UGa Dawg’s Team & Fans “Should” have won the 2017 Natty, since ]

You beat ND in 2016? Or UNC? Actually we beat UNC in 2016 - it was Kirby's 1st game as coach. They were not a top 10 team.
Auburn wasn't ranked in 2016 either, they finished 8-5, and we beat them by the same margin that you did.
But I was talking about games all in a row. You beat SoCar at home, a 4-loss VT team in the ACC-C, then OSU & Bama.

you shoulda quit at thanks for all the kind words***

Apr 21, 2018, 8:53 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry Reddawg, I disagree

Apr 21, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: IMhO UGa Dawg’s Team & Fans “Should” have won the 2017 Natty, since ]

about a ‘complete’ Auburn or you’re ‘reloaded’ w/o Chubb and Michel. Still, yours truly sees life through orange colored glasses when assessing my Tigers, so I can ‘see’ from where your optimism stems!

However, with all that being said, I do see your dawgs and the tide (both probably 12-0) in Atl next Dec - and barring a dark horse making the CFP - the three of us and one team ‘tbd’ comprising next year’s final four.

My bet now would be O-31-0 State for the fourth cfp slot; as the talking heads continually place them on a pedestal. And face it, the BiG probably contains no team able to beat them (and don’t forget: “....a win over an sec or BiG team ‘just means more’....”), plus their OOC opponents are Ore St and TCU.

Personally, I hope we get you in the semis; then beat bama in the championship.... ?? Hah! Just poking at’cha, my friend! Looking forward to another great cfb season and watching all the potential contenders. Whoever... however... it’s gonna be interesting!

Good luck to your dawgs!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Sorry Reddawg, I disagree

Apr 21, 2018, 7:17 PM

I was referring to the fact that Kerryon did not play vs you guys. Auburn was a different team with him in there. But no question we'll miss Chubb and Sony - those guys are the #2 & 3 career rushers at Running Back U. But guys move on, that's College Football. If you lose guys like that, it helps to have a stable with Swift, Herrien & Holyfield, plus White & Cook coming in. And we look to have the best OL we've had in an awfully long time. We'll see.

You're right about Ohio St, they always get hyped to the hilt. I think you guys will have a good shot to make the CFP again - your WRs are the real deal. But you won't get by us. That's just the way it is :) Good luck until then!!

I agree with all of that except the part about Kerryon.

Apr 21, 2018, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: IMhO UGa Dawg’s Team & Fans “Should” have won the 2017 Natty, since ]

While Johnson did get on the field, he didn't practice all week because of his injury during the Alabama game. He was far from 100%, and had a critical fumble in the game. He ran for almost 170 yards against UGa 3 weeks earlier, he only had 40 yards in the SEC title game. His injury in the Alabama game was very noticeable in the SEC title game. It made Auburn very one dimensional, and Stidham didn't have a good game, much like the game he had with Clemson, where we held Auburn to only 107 yards of total offense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic