»
Topic: IMHO Brent Venables, as a Coach, is as important as Dabo to Clemson’s success.
Replies: 6   Last Post: May 31, 2020 9:16 PM by: flatfoots®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

IMHO Brent Venables, as a Coach, is as important as Dabo to Clemson’s success.

[3]
Posted: May 31, 2020 5:12 PM

Saying, I realize Dabo has many more responsibilities overall (like being a GM, PR Front Man, CEO, Recruiter, etc)..

but BV is worth every $ he earns since our prolific O doesn’t stand a chance without a stop, often!

And, BV’s Defenses the last 3 years have allowed fewest points in Nation and did it playing more games, 44.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: IMHO Brent Venables, as a Coach, is as important as Dabo to Clemson’s success.

[3]
Posted: May 31, 2020 5:44 PM

I'll make another comparison.

Bobby Bowden was a successful coach at FSU. But, he didn't start the dynasty years until he hired Mickey Andrews.

Very similar situation with Dabo and Brent.

Both guys recognized they were "offensive minds." Both guys went out and hired a superior defensive coach and turned the reins over to them.

I remember one Spring, in the middle of the dynasty years, Bobby was talking about the offense. Someone asked him, "What about your defense?" Bobby replied, "I ain't worried. Mickey will have them ready."

I can see Dabo saying exactly the same thing.

BV was the "final piece" of the Clemson dynasty puzzle.

Re: IMHO Brent Venables, as a Coach, is as important as Dabo to Clemson’s success.

[2]
Posted: May 31, 2020 5:48 PM

2020 white level member

[3]
Posted: May 31, 2020 8:22 PM

Good response. :)

Posted: May 31, 2020 8:30 PM

And Dabo had the foresight to hire Brent.

2020 white level member

Player personnel #1 success factor...

Posted: May 31, 2020 8:52 PM

HC CDS > BV, 4 this reason alone-

[1]
Posted: May 31, 2020 9:16 PM

As far as winning games, Venables is a lot more valuable that Dabo. We win because of the OC and the DC and the skill level of the players. I do believe that we will miss Jeff Scott.

2020 white level member

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have CFP jackets and vests. fully authentic. text me 864-372-6518

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
775 people have read this post