Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I will be very surprised & disappointed if Tajh doesn't beat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

I will be very surprised & disappointed if Tajh doesn't beat

Mar 26, 2013, 11:51 PM

South Carolina badly at their stadium come November.

I truly think he is the caliber QB..talent & maturity wise..to figure out what's he GOT to do this 3rd time around to "Git It Done" for him & Clemson against the Coots.

HE mentioned recently the 16 turnovers (out of 21 the team had) he made last year..and how just eliminating 5 or 6 of them at the right time last year would have changed the season.

He's smarter than ever..and ready to lead..so let's hope it works out for Him & US (Clemson Tigers)!

GoTiGERs & Tajh and Tiger Team...

But first, strap up for the Georgia Bulldawgs on August 31.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will be very surprised & disappointed if Tajh doesn't beat

Mar 27, 2013, 12:10 AM

I will be disappointed, but certainly not surprised if we lose again. We're playing in their house, and spurrier has owned our coaches, and usuc has outplayed us for four years. In case we have forgotten, they beat us WITHOUT their #1 RB, and WITHOUT their #1 QB. Add to that the fact that we lost 2 of our 4 leading offensive players in Ellington and Nuk, and that doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy. All I know is - we had better be a whole lot better than we've been the past 4-5 years if we plan to beat their azzes at the roach.

Call me the ever-pessimistic naysayer, but until our coaches can put a gameplan together that can actually beat spurrier's plan, then I have serious doubts. Maybe everyone has watched different games than I've endured the past 4 years. Maybe our players aren't as pissed as I am about having their ##### handed to them.

When it happens, then I will say it happened. To be honest, I think we beat everyone else.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2013, 1:22 AM

You must also take into consideration that SC played a patsy before our game the last 4 years and we played a conference game. Now that the ACC finally understands the big picture the are doing it for all the ACC teams too.

very true. it's a little different to get ready for wofford

Mar 27, 2013, 1:36 AM

( or any other fcs team) then it is to get ready for an nc state ( or other conf.teams), with a division title (maybe) at stake. usuc, and the other sec schools, who play their rival on the last sat.of the regular season, have had basically two weeks to get ready for the games, compared to our 1 week. i'm glad the acc (finally) fixed this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2013, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I will be very surprised & disappointed if Tajh doesn't beat ]

Aren't your conference games patsies?

I jest. It is an advantage but I dont think it explains a 4 year streak.

Mar 30, 2013, 1:41 AM

Nah we would rather beat weak SEC teams like LSU.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Isaiah Battle will Neutralize Clowney and

Mar 27, 2013, 1:47 AM

and Tajh can do his thing.

Re: Isaiah Battle will Neutralize Clowney and

Mar 27, 2013, 1:52 AM

No matter which side Clowney lines up on we have to give help to the outside with the back or motion man period. We cant allow him free range in the backfield this year. I'm not saying chip blocks either gotta stay on him and keep him off balance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This

Mar 27, 2013, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Isaiah Battle will Neutralize Clowney and ]

battle can be the difference in the game

Mar 27, 2013, 1:48 AM

The team is what will decide our fate in that dump of a stadium. Every single player and coach has to have the taste of blood in there mouth from the moment they step off the bus outside. Tajh is a huge piece of the puzzle no doubt. He like everyone else must stay focused and not play tight. Open it up and go with it all out all night, 4 quarters, overtime or whatever it may take. you show up to beat there a** nothing less!! This is a fight period no question about it. THIS FOLKS IS HOW EVERY PRACTICE, EVERY LIFT SESSION, EVERY POSITION MEETING, EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF FILM THIS TEAM WATCHES ON OPPONENTS EVERY SINGLE WEEK ALL SEASON LONG MUST BE DONE !!! Every game is important overlook nobody. South Carolina will be there waiting on us dont worry. We take care of it week by week till then. Then its there turn and they get whats coming to them !!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill, I have an idea that Dabo and Co., including the team,

Mar 27, 2013, 5:18 AM

understand the furor that arose after that four-peat, and I doubt Dabo wants to be the first coach in our history to offer up a five-peat. Regardless of comments on TigerNet, there are thousands of die-hard Clemson grads and fans who consider the SC game to be the most important...and won't abide a fifth loss.

Another poster said that each game is crucial, and he is correct. We have to take one game at a time; however, the key to defeating your opponent is to understand him thoroughly, knowing who and what he is and his capabilities. Regardless of our opinions about Steve Spurrier, he remains one of the most successful in this business...and the man is not stupid.

Spurrier will do the same thing he did this past year and key in on our weaknesses using chicanery and misstatements to launch surprise attacks come gametime. He will, also, attack our strengths, and he will pull out every idea from that old head to gain a huge notch in his belt: the first coach at SC to gain a five-peat.

He will be formidable...but he CAN be beat. We d@mn well better anticipate his every option, play our own game of poker...and force him to lay down his hand in the early part of the game. AND we must show no fear....

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bill, I have an idea that Dabo and Co., including the team,

Mar 27, 2013, 6:03 AM

That is the key word, show no fear and play our game. And don't have to play catch up to his. Exactly!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good morning, my good Friend....Hope you're doing well

Mar 27, 2013, 6:10 AM

in good, ole Gaston this morning. Played a round at Hidden Valley recently and saw some old friends who have lived in your area a long time. I've known the Locklair family from that area, also, for many years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bill, I have an idea that Dabo and Co., including the team,

Mar 29, 2013, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Bill, I have an idea that Dabo and Co., including the team, ]

I dont know if fear is the right word but its close. Not that the clemson players are scared of the south carolina players but I do think the streak has gotten in their head. Maybe the want to end the streak so badly that they get tense. They know how important it is to the fans and dont want to let everyone down. I think the last two years clemson has been tight in their coachng and playing.

Mark, I posted previously that we lost because we were

Mar 29, 2013, 10:38 PM

outplayed and outcoached...which is usually why most teams lose games in all sports. However, the most important factor is the belief of the staff and team that they can win...then proceed to outcoach and outplay the opponent. For Clemson that has to be the goal this year, for it will surely be SC's.

Re: Mark, I posted previously that we lost because we were

Mar 29, 2013, 11:01 PM

Most definitely. I have been a gamecock fan my whole life so fir the most part I have gone into our game knowing that yall had the better team. However, through the years there have been multiple times that I thought the teams were pretty even or maybe that we were a little better. Yet we would still usually lose. We only won in seasons where maybe yall were down a little and we were actually better. If it was close in talent level Clemson won. Because they knew they could and our players didnt know if they could beat Clemson. Now obviously the 4 game streak is nothing like the history some of those carolina teams had to contend with. I do think with this group of players the tables have turned a little though. It can be a hard thing to get a monkey off your back especially when its not just your monkey but also belongs to your fellow students and a huge rabid fanbase. That is why I dont join the chorus of my fellow gamecocks singing that history doesnt matter. It does. Psychologically. The next time Clemson wins is going to be huge for the gamecock program. If it is just a win or two and then evens out (which is where I think the rivalry is heading) then its no big deal. But if clemson comes back with a streak them all that history falls back on our teams and it becomes normal to lose the game again. Its a huge mental roadblock. I think the current Clemson team is facing that hurdle. It is up to the ciaches to foster the intense desire to win the game but also keep it toa loose manageable perspective. I have been on the wrong side of this thing enough times to see it.

I will be very disappointed. I'm not sure that I would

Mar 27, 2013, 8:23 AM

describe the possibility of losing to them down there as "very surprising".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With 3 years in this offense, and with (what better be) a

Mar 27, 2013, 8:30 AM

vastly improved defense, Tajh will show dramatic progress. I realize that is difficult to imagine given the season he had last year, but I believe this will be a special year for him.

We already know he is a hard worker and willing to do what it takes. That was obvious when he showed up last fall more fit. He also demonstrated for the entire year that he had a good grasp of the offense. My only complaint is that he looked rattled when things started going poorly (at times in the 2nd half vs. FSU, and against the coots). I think that will be gone from his system this year.

Therefore, with his improvement, and if the defense makes just a couple more stops, 13-0, with a perfect regular season and an ACC Title is not out of the question. And with wins over UGA, FSU, and USuCk, that should be more than enough to get to Pasadena.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If we can get a couple of defensive players to be students

Mar 27, 2013, 8:55 AM

of the game and have the same work ethic as Tajh this team could wind up being really really scary.

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Exactly, if this team clicks and everything comes together

Mar 27, 2013, 9:02 AM

it will be really fun for us. Fear the thumb? No, fear another 63-17.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I really feel that, with this run theyve been on if we get

Mar 27, 2013, 9:05 AM

started scoring Dabo and Chad may not let up at all and 63-17 could be obliterated.

I know it's a big IF, but with all the heat they've caught and the verbal wars with sack I could see it happening

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

The key to Tajh not getting rattled is an improved running

Mar 27, 2013, 9:21 AM [ in reply to With 3 years in this offense, and with (what better be) a ]

game. Coach Morris has to be able to run the ball effectively so that TB doesn't feel that it's all on him all the time. I'm optimistic about McDowell, but he's not very big. I think he can be a good back, but we need a more physical runner to use in short yardage instead of Boyd. Plus, I want to see what a bigger back can do in Morris' offense when he has people spread out and a linebacker exchanged for a defensive back.

That's why I'm looking forward to Tyshone Dye and what he can bring. You hate to place too much on a freshman, but that's the position, along with maybe cornerback, where a freshman can make an early impact. He's big and strong and his powerful running style reminds me of Lattimore.

With an improved aggressive attacking defense with depth at every position taking the ball from people giving our offense more at bats and a strong running game to keep the chains moving and score touchdowns, we as a team, will get to the promised land.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well Said***

Mar 29, 2013, 4:58 PM

Morris has to stick with the run when it's working.

Mar 29, 2013, 7:10 PM [ in reply to The key to Tajh not getting rattled is an improved running ]

If the other team isn't stopping you then don't stop yourself. Against both FSU and SC we were runnign the ball with pretty good success and when we got pressed Morris wnet away from it and put it all on Tajh. he did the same in the LSU game in the 3rd quarter hence the lack of production but in the fourth committed to running the ball more which took some pressure off of Tajh and didn't allow their multipule hard hits to rattle him.

Mar 29, 2013, 7:37 PM

I think we have a decent chance to beat them - it certainly won't be 63-17 or whatever - SC is a very talented team at this point and very well coached. Tajh's numbers have been dismal versus the Gamecocks so I'm confident he'll come to play...First thing is first though - UGA could easily come in here and tear the doors off of us like they do to TECH year after year.

Mar 29, 2013, 9:43 PM

McDowell against USuC this past year: 3 carries 47 yards 15.7 average

I like where we stand in the RB's. We're gonna miss Nuk though for sure

Doubt if we have any HOF or ROH players not beating them..

Mar 29, 2013, 9:49 PM

Boyd & Watkins still can beat them. Freeman and Hopkins might be first in w/o a win in that game. I am not sure of this statement but I bet it is right.

For me its all about Tajh taking a business approach.

Mar 30, 2013, 1:21 AM

I felt like last year, especially during the South Carolin game, he got caught up in the moment and did not a business approach to the game. This was evidenced by his high fiving the fans and doing the Heisman pose after one touchdown against them. He has got to avoid getting caught up in those moments, and just take care of business, manage and execute. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw those antics early on against South Carolina, and had a bad feeling about it. Sure enough, once South Carolina started coming back, Tajh and company fell apart. As long as he takes emotion out of it, as much as possible, we will be ok.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic