Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I watched the WF / UV A game last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I watched the WF / UV A game last night

Jan 22, 2018, 1:35 PM

As many of you did and was surprised at the way the Cavs played. Without question they are a strong club and really play a tight defense but they are not a strong offensive team. They rarely go to the foul line so I guess they rely on ball movement to get open shots rather than attacking the basket. This should help the Tigers. It’s always important to keep Thomas in the game but difficult to do at times. After watching this game I felt better about our chance of beating the home team tomorrow. I don’t think UVA can hold the Tigers to less than 50 points as they try to do to all teams. A good night by Devoe, Mitchell and Reed can win this very big game. The top ten awaits!

What did you guys see watching the Hoos?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I watched the WF / UV A game last night

Jan 22, 2018, 1:49 PM

Tremendous defensive team. Very disciplined. Really good at moving the ball around. Good under the boards. Well coached. Keep in mind, they are tremendous at home. Can Clemson win? Yes. But it will have to be an incredible effort, especially with Grantham out.

UVA

Jan 22, 2018, 2:04 PM

To be honest, this may be the best team they've had under Tony Bennett, and that includes several #1, and #2 seeds. I watch them a lot and they are more talented than previous seasons. Our best chance of winning though, is if they aren't having a great shooting night. They rely on their defense, and with limited possessions, we could shoot well enough to win. It looks like they averaging 10+ point victories in conference play. Could be our toughest matchup of the regular season.

Re: UVA

Jan 22, 2018, 3:01 PM

Well coached, they do the little things that make easy baskets. Great defense and great communcation on defense. I thought we had a shot til DG was dunzo for the season. Its gonna take a great post game to beat these guys. Our offense will be a premium tmrw night will need to run alot of plays bc the regualer dribble down pass around the arc and then give the ball to Reed with 10 sec isnt going to work every time vs. the whoos! Will need alot of inside out passing and vis versa. Cant go left to right vs these guys gotta go inside out.

Our guards are going to make or break us and .........

Jan 22, 2018, 4:00 PM

Simms, Skara, and Donnal are "wild cards" for the remainder of season.
The outcomes later in our season may be very surprising to all of us.

I have no reason to worry

Jan 22, 2018, 4:58 PM

These three guys are one of the reasons we are so good. Its good to have so many weapons ...

We Too Deeeep !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you being sarcasmic...

Jan 22, 2018, 5:24 PM

or are you one of the Linuses who’s been waiting in the pumpkin patch for a bid to the Dance for the last 7 years?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sicka these Hoos .***

Jan 22, 2018, 4:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aye ! a "Maginot Line" (see Google) type of "D" but ...

Jan 22, 2018, 4:34 PM

As we learned in history class, the way to defeat a strong static defense is:
to go AROUND them and/or
vertical envelopment

Thus, we ...

- take it to the hoop !
- kick out to the open man !
- play fanatical defense defense ourselves ! (but ours is better because it is fluid)

I agree our most excellent 3 pt shooting will carry the day. Once they see all those 3's going in, their close in defense will be forced to go outside which in turn opens the inside ... its analogous to having a good running AND passing attack in Football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aye ! a "Maginot Line" (see Google) type of "D" but ...

Jan 22, 2018, 5:13 PM

Thanks for the well thought out answers.TU

Your Welcome !***

Jan 22, 2018, 6:04 PM

Would be a monumental upset if we won

Jan 22, 2018, 6:26 PM

We've knocked off some #1 teams at home, but what's the highest ranked team we've beaten on the road? Would this be the best win in CU basketball history?

Re: Would be a monumental upset if we won

Jan 22, 2018, 6:31 PM

Hard to say but it would be right up there . Especially with the loss of Grantham. The last second win over UNCHeat in the tourney is my favorite

Amir is going to have to play like he did the last few min.

Jan 22, 2018, 6:29 PM

against N.C. State, with all 5 starters getting into double figures.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amir is going to have to play like he did the last few min.

Jan 22, 2018, 6:33 PM

Could happen. That's why I like this team and coaching.
Someone will step up

Jan 22, 2018, 6:46 PM

Its simple. If we're loose with the ball like the have been the past several game we'll get run out of the building. They're an incredibly well disciplined team and we can't make it easy on them.

Jan 22, 2018, 7:57 PM

I can’t disagree with that. If we give them easy baskets or extra possessions we will lose by a dozen or more. Bad passes have become the norm but we have been able to withstand them. Not against this team!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic