Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I watched NC State vs BC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,502

I watched NC State vs BC

Oct 19, 2018, 9:21 AM

Last night on Youtube and they really struggle at stopping the run. That was with BCs backup RB. I gotta be honest, I usually don’t do this but I’m thinking we Boat Race NC st like we did on Mike Williams birthday a few years ago.

Clemson 48 Nc st 21

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I watched NC State vs BC

Oct 19, 2018, 9:27 AM

They'll be more foired up to play us. Hopefully it doesnt help though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 9:38 AM

I know they will. I’m sure they will look better after a bye week too. I just think things started clicking for us now and we will see our boys play like we’ve been expecting them to all year. Ryan Finley can move around the pocket pretty well, but he will meet Xavier Thomas this game when he comes in with fresh legs and takes off like a #### rocket. It will be fun to watch. Our team is a lot different this year than it has been in the past few. Both good and bad in some ways, but I think we have hit the next gear now to where we can start blowing the lid off some of these games.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought I saw a thread

Oct 19, 2018, 9:48 AM

earlier this week saying the boat race already took place, and Clemson won.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

State dominated the BC game statistically....

Oct 19, 2018, 10:35 AM

The only reason the game turned-out to be close was because State turned the ball over four times and had a punt blocked for a TD.

If they gift Clemson four turnovers, it will be a long sad day for State fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 19, 2018, 10:58 AM

The really good thing is that most of their strong D from last year is gone. Add to that the fact that our RUN game is freaking awesome compared to last year. They have no idea how long of a day their D is going to have. With TL being a threat to throw the deep ball, they have to play honest and cannot stack the box with much success. I expect our RB's to have another awesome day.

The really bad thing is that Finley can absolutely carve up a secondary with those quick release passes. Failure to get to Finley is going to cause a lot of frustration for us. He does play worse after he gets tired or sacked a few times. I think we only sacked him ONCE last year, so that's my biggest concern. It means that CLEMSON has to just score a lot, maybe 35+ to win this one. I'm hoping our D can hold them under 30.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2018, 11:16 AM

West Virginia had to play at 3:30 during the storm or not at all so we missed that one but currently NC State is #13 in rushing defense....1 spot ahead of #14.
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/24

Yes NC State had to replace 8 starting defenders from 2017 but actually the defense is playing as well or better....statistics show better. Although several are starting on NFL rosters...."want to" shows the cupboard is not bare. The guys who were backups want to make a name for themselves. Better players are in the backfield but they are young.

Total defense is #35....not near as tall as #3 Clemson. We'll try and do better.
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Oct 19, 2018, 11:48 AM

Wolfies have played the equivalent of a Southern Conference schedule to date .
Clemson is going to maul them , and there is only doubt about the score differential... how badly will the Tigers beat NCST ?

YTBD

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 19, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I watched NC State vs BC ]

Congratulations you're giving up one less rush yard per game than a team who has played 3 option teams.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 19, 2018, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I watched NC State vs BC ]

If their whole Dline from last year was drafted wouldn’t that make this years Dline as good as we expect ours to be next year?

No because we consistently rank around top 10 in recruiting

Oct 19, 2018, 11:44 AM

Yep I watched the 4th of that game

Oct 19, 2018, 11:19 AM

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,502
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic