Topic: I thought we dominated our instate rival
Replies: 10   Last Post: Sep 22, 2018 9:46 AM by: Tigerbalm1®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

I thought we dominated our instate rival

[10]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 8:54 PM

I just saw that Georgia Tech has 4x as many national titles as Georgia, owns the longest winning streak in their rivalry(7 years), and also has the largest margin of victory (48-0). Honestly, I do not know how people are able to route for certain programs and Georgia is another great example.

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Georgia and Athens just did not offer what I felt would be best for me in the end. Sure, I had a fun time on my visit, but when it comes to playing football I just do not feel comfortable there. And when you consider everything that is going on up there, it makes you wonder just how long Kirby Smart is going to be around. He certainly is no Dabo Swinney or Nick Saban, and let's just leave it there. -Jadon Haselwood

Hey now in UGA's defense they've won a

[6]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 8:57 PM

Belk Bowl recently.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

sure, they had a nice run under Mark Richt

[3]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 8:58 PM

but when I evaluate a program I try to look at their entire body of work.

Georgia and Athens just did not offer what I felt would be best for me in the end. Sure, I had a fun time on my visit, but when it comes to playing football I just do not feel comfortable there. And when you consider everything that is going on up there, it makes you wonder just how long Kirby Smart is going to be around. He certainly is no Dabo Swinney or Nick Saban, and let's just leave it there. -Jadon Haselwood

Fair point.

[2]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 9:01 PM

How dare I fail to mention their Liberty Bowl win in recent years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Wait scratch that.

[1]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 9:03 PM

That was a loss. I forgot that they regularly don't show up in moderately important games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

After watching the UGA - GT game last year...

[2]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 8:59 PM

It was clear that Georgia wasn't that much better than Tech, if any better at all

2018 purple level member

LOL***

[1]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 9:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: After watching the UGA - GT game last year...

[2]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 9:06 PM

Once Paul Johnson gets his guys into the program, Kirby Smart might as well hang it up.

Re: After watching the UGA - GT game last year...

[1]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 10:50 PM

... at all.

2018 white level member

Re: I thought we dominated our instate rival

[3]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 9:15 PM

To be fair, Georgia just became a football school last year. They weren't really known for their football or being a fool school until very recently/last year. Kind of like FAU.

2018 white level member

Re: I thought we dominated our instate rival

Posted: Sep 22, 2018 9:46 AM

true

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Florida State
FOR SALE: 2 tickets in Clemson section 16 at FACE VALUE of $100 each ($200 total)

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1507 people have read this post