Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think we should lighten up on Coach Dabo a little bit.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I think we should lighten up on Coach Dabo a little bit.

Oct 16, 2017, 9:58 PM

Dabo already took responsibility for the loss. Losing isn't ever fun, but it's what makes winning enjoyable. If there were no such thing as losing then there would be no such thing as winning. We'd merely be existing and nothing more. With wins comes losses. We need to accept both with class, and I'm proud of Dabo for visiting the locker room of the Syracuse players to congratulate them on the win. However, he didn't just congratulate them, he made it personal by discounting the future media narrative that ESPN and other pundits would write. He actually went out of his way to let them know that they didn't win because we played horrible, they won because they played a really good game and executed a solid plan that worked. This is a learning point for the Tigers, and hopefully a motivation tool. I think we can win out and still win it all if the Tigers work hard and stay focused.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: I think we should lighten up on Coach Dabo a little bit.

Oct 16, 2017, 10:01 PM

Absolutely!

Hope you Emory visit went well...(just thought I'd slide that in quickly!) Good luck!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2017, 11:29 PM

I haven't went to Emory yet. I'm waiting on them to book my appointment. It's through the VA so you know how that can go. Heck, it may be 2 months before I can get in there. Until then, I continue to try to sleep well at night.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Ditto Salty!

Oct 17, 2017, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I think we should lighten up on Coach Dabo a little bit. ]

????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

He should have never been hassled in the first place.*****

Oct 16, 2017, 10:03 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He should have never been hassled in the first place.*****

Oct 16, 2017, 10:16 PM

Amen!!

Exactly.***

Oct 17, 2017, 4:32 AM [ in reply to He should have never been hassled in the first place.***** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. There's no need to defend Dabo.

Oct 17, 2017, 6:14 AM [ in reply to He should have never been hassled in the first place.***** ]

He's not perfect but what he was okay and sincere in all that. Seems mostly only the raging over-reactionists and media weasels, who want to stir something over nothing, have an issue with it.

Nothing to see here .. Move on.

Oct 16, 2017, 10:25 PM

I agree, and I'm over it until we lose another that we should've never lost. Like I said in another post, even though I was pretty upset bc of losing a very winnable game, I wouldn't trade Dabo for any other coach in college FB, Dabo or BV!!! But there were enough mistakes made in that one game to last through next year. And I don't think that very many in Tiger nation honestly believed, and still don't believe we could win a NC with the QB rotation we have this season. Everything on a NC team has to fit like a glove to win the NCG, and personally, I don't think that we have all the pieces on this years team!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 5:52 AM

I like some of your post but I still think we have a chance to win the NC. Once you take yourself out of the running then IMO you don’t have a chance. I believe in this coaching staff, the players and the fans.

Never count us out. Sure a lot went wrong last Friday. But we are loaded with talent. Sometimes you just don’t get the breaks. I think the refs took our DB’s out of the game with some questionable PI calls and they missed several holding calls on Syracuse OL.

Syracuse is only a few players from being a very good team. Clemson just had a hick up Friday. We have lost 3 games in 2 years and people are complaining.

Just think we could be in the SEC East playing terrible football like SC. Their not winning games teams are handing them those 5 wins. But they have some tuff games coming up and Wofford undefeated and ranked # 5 in the FCS polls will not be a automatic win for the coots. Neither will Vaderbuilt, or anyone on the rest of their schedule. Just ask The Citadel!

I don’t like losing to a team we should have beat by 14 to 17 points but we did we learn from it and move forward with a positive attitude.

I do agree KB should have not played but he did. I am no where close to having the knowledge Dabo and Co have so I will put my faith in him and his staff. Plus you have no idea what the players went through during the week. They are student athletes and have academic stresses to focus on as well.

IMO with social media we as fans have to much information at the touch of a button. It use to be nice to watch the game discuss on the way home and move forward. No the Cuse game has been on TNet and every other media outlet everyday since the lose.

We are 6-1 and ranked 7th in one poll and 8th in the other. How can you be unhappy about that? We could be 5-2 like SC who has barely beaten most of its opponents. Tenn is but a shell if what it use to be, the best La Tech on a last second FG, if they played NC State this week NC St would mop them up and throw out the dirty water.

Poeple stop complaining stop posting all the mistakes the team made Friday night. Lay off the FG kicker and the team. They know they lost to a team they should have beat. They don’t need arm chair HC’s telling all this. They need fans to have their backs and show their support win or lose unless you are one of those fans who love the team when they lose and are the first to bail on them when they lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey buddy

Oct 17, 2017, 6:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I think we should lighten up on Coach Dabo a little bit. ]

Sometimes good teams lose to lesser teams. Its sports. Only sports. No need for all the gnashing of teeth and over reaction. Relax a little bit. Youre taking it too seriously.

It's always astounded me

Oct 17, 2017, 6:40 AM

that there are actually people who will come to a specific place we gather to talk about this thing we all care about...in order to tell us not to care so much about it.

GFY

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2017, 10:28 PM

Admit, havent read much except people agreeing with him that we were out coached which as you stated it happens sometimes. Cuse played great and inspiring and we didn’t.

To me it’s mostly questioning y kb played when it was clear he shouldn’t have. Limping before the game starts. Don’t care how much s player requests to play coaches need to say no.

He deserves to take heat for not giving HJ a chance... but from coaches say, perhaps streeter needs to take the heat for making the decision.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2017, 11:24 PM

I agree we should lighten up on all the coaches. I do not agree that we have a team this year that can get back to the National Championship game though. The lack of a reliable field goal kicker is likely to prevent that. I can accept that you can not win it all every year, and going 10-2 would still be a very successful year. The Huegel injury was more devastating than people realized at the time and it is not very realistic to expect a repeat trip to the Natty without him.

With this logic, the coots should have a parade everytime

Oct 17, 2017, 8:40 AM

they finish 3rd in the SEC East ...

Oh wait ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think most rational people can accept the loss, it is the

Oct 17, 2017, 8:44 AM

way we lost (having our one legged QB's head smashed in, bad play calling, bad defense) that people have a problem with.

so no FireDabo.com?

Oct 17, 2017, 8:46 AM

Any Juan want to buy a URL....cheap?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic