»
Topic: I think we should just declare ourselves Nat’l Champs
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 21, 2018 8:50 PM by: Gumby
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

I think we should just declare ourselves Nat’l Champs

[1]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 7:45 PM

like UCF. It would be a whole lot easier. Those people are delusional. They think being 15-0 against the likes of Memphis (twice), UConn, and Austin Peay is a ticket to the top? The only decent team they beat was Auburn by a TD in the Peach Bowl. And I’d argue that was after Auburn was demoralized by UGA in the SEC Champ. This is our buttercup society at its worst. “Hey we get big rings too.”

Wait... so are you for it or against it?

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 7:48 PM

;)

2018 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

null

To be fair

[1]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 7:52 PM

It's pretty ridiculous that you can go undefeated and have zero chance to play for the championship of the division of football you play in.

There really needs to be another division of football that the non power 5 (and similar) teams play in, or some path for those teams to play in the playoff of the FBS.

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Why couldn’t they have competed?

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 8:08 PM

The Power 5 or automatic qualifying went out with the BCS. That name has just been maintained by the sports media. My guess is the committee decided their schedule wasn’t very competitive like I just said. Also, UCF could always attempt to join one of those conferences if they really felt they were that good and wanted to raise their profile. They’d probably be a good swap for FSU in football right now. However there’s more to just football in choosing conference members.

You can't just invite yourself into a power 5 conference

[1]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 8:20 PM

Again, I'm not saying they are the champs, but I just don't understand setting up a playoff that doesn't have a path to the championship for every team that plays in the division.

Again, either change the system, or have them play in their own division that they can win.

But its just part of the problem I have with the way its all organized with unbalanced mega-conferences and a lack of a playoff without an opinion-based path for teams to get in.

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: To be fair

Posted: Sep 21, 2018 8:19 PM

This is the easiest solution. HAve the Big10, SEC, and ACC champ get in, Have the Big12 v Pac12 play on champ weekend for the fourth spot.

The group of 5 could organize themselves in the same manor.

Re: I think we should just declare ourselves Nat’l Champs

[1]
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 8:50 PM

Too late, this season is over, coots declared themselves National Champions in July.

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Cotton Bowl
FOR SALE: I have purchased a suite and have 8 Club seats in Sec 313 For Sale. text me if interested. 86450587...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
483 people have read this post