Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think I am more anxious to see what conspiracy some of you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

I think I am more anxious to see what conspiracy some of you

Jan 26, 2016, 5:30 AM

think is being crafted against us today than the actual football schedule.

I've ordered one of those big bags of popcorn so I can sit in front of the computer, eat popcorn, and chuckle today.

Folks, it's about time to stop thinking the boogie man is in the closet and start acting like the Top 5 Program we are.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thur night game on the road - short week

Jan 26, 2016, 5:45 AM

open date ridiculously early in the season

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think I am more anxious to see what conspiracy some of you

Jan 26, 2016, 6:01 AM

Yes, I am sure you'll need pop corn, it'll make your afternoon more enjoyable. But don't be too shocked like I was when I heard our dumb BOZO of a play-by-play announcer call for a 10 pt Alabama victory in the NC game. That was shocking, of all the media covering the game, he is to only one bought and paid for by Clemson. You need to be a little more discerning about who you let on your pre-game show. It was offensive, Jim Phillips nor Pete Yanity would have ever done such a silly and short-sighted thing. in my opinion, it's past time for a new play-by-play announcer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2016, 6:12 AM

Wow, that is awesome stuff. He needs to go, where do I sign a petition?

So, a man can't make an honest prediction because

Jan 26, 2016, 6:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I am more anxious to see what conspiracy some of you ]

he works for Clemson? So, you prefer propaganda?

There ain't a fan on this planet that loves Clemson more than me, and on many occasions I have picked Clemson to lose a game during the pregame show. You have to pick with your head. Otherwise, what would be the point of having a game day prediction if the host is always going to pick Clemson?

I don't know what Don predicted as I did not hear it. But, if he is making a pick, he is allowed to have an opinion. And, last time I checked, picking Clemson to lose turned out to be more accurate than my pick...which was for a Clemson win by 3.

Finally, how my post about the conspiracy theorist and football schedule turned into a post about Clemson broadcast kinda proves the point of my original post.

Re: So, a man can't make an honest prediction because

Jan 26, 2016, 6:55 AM

So...I'm curious. Since you're belittling, apparently, people who will have an opinion/prediction of the '16 schedule...are you saying it's okay if listeners have popcorn while listening to your own? Or, is popcorn only for conspiracies...kinda like the movies? ;)

Most certainly! :)***

Jan 26, 2016, 7:13 AM

Jan 26, 2016, 7:02 AM [ in reply to So, a man can't make an honest prediction because ]

Scott, I've been following Clemson football LONG before you were born, and giving Clemson a favorable football schedule has never been at the forefront of the schedule makers. As a matter of fact, I would love to be in the room with the individuals that DO make up the schedule and get an idea what they are discussing. We were put through the the ringer this year and ended up playing 10 weeks in a row. We survived however but a lot of schools would not have. I'm not saying they need to build the ACC schedule around Clemson but I do believe there are certain schools that receive "favorable" treatment and others that don't. Call it what you want, consipiracy or any other word, but under this current leadership, they certainly don't seem to cut us any slack, for whatever reason.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell me a team the ACC Schedule makers favor? If you

Jan 26, 2016, 7:15 AM

contend that Clemson is getting screwed, then certainly some school is the beneficiary.

If you look around the league today you will see almost every fan base lament some part of their schedule. Just like they did last year and the year before, etc.

Again...if Clemson is being punished tell me the team that is rewarded at Clemson's expense?

Finally, if you have been following Clemson long before I was born, you are an old man as I aint a whipper snapper anymore.

Giving unc an early patsy game like scar

Jan 26, 2016, 7:33 AM

Oops...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Tell me a team the ACC Schedule makers favor? If you

Jan 26, 2016, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Tell me a team the ACC Schedule makers favor? If you ]

Notre Dame then NC then FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell me a team the ACC Schedule makers favor? If you

Jan 26, 2016, 7:40 AM

fsu played a friday game last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And FSU and UNC have had multiple Thursday night games

Jan 26, 2016, 7:43 AM

over the past 5-10 years.

Re: And FSU and UNC have had multiple Thursday night games

Jan 26, 2016, 8:10 AM

You are right.

Maybe it is the cream of the crop of ACC has to play on Thursday night. SEC not. #ESecPNcontract

still ND has to be favored because they have more of a set schedule.

I am s sure NC is favored ... Swoffy

I am sure FSU has some clauses since they they came very close to leaving.

Jan 26, 2016, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Re: So, a man can't make an honest prediction because ]

please inform us why the acc would try and derail fsu or clemson, the only 2 programs that kept the acc afloat. especially now since clemson is the bell cow. i too have been watching clemson since the 60's. it happened in the past, no doubt, but come on people. friday games suck for sure but fsu has already done it. was that a conspiracy.

Jan 26, 2016, 8:09 AM

To be fair that game was @ BC so wouldn't that suck more for them than FSU?

Jan 26, 2016, 8:15 AM

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, TO BE FAIR, ANY FRIDAY GAMES IN THE ACC WILL BE AT BC, THE CUSE OR MAYBE PITT.

Jan 26, 2016, 8:21 AM

Exactly, so who really cares if an away game is on a Friday when it's an easy win?

Jan 26, 2016, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: So, a man can't make an honest prediction because ]

Swoffy

Basketball, too

Jan 26, 2016, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Re: So, a man can't make an honest prediction because ]

Look back over the basketball schedules and you'll notice how many times Clemson opens the season at duke or at unc. Much too often for change given the number of teams in the conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anybody that thinks Duke and UNC don't get

Jan 26, 2016, 8:47 AM

preferential treatment by the ACC in basketball has been and is asleep. Not going to happen in football since UNC and Duke aren't the top dogs.

Jan 26, 2016, 7:30 AM [ in reply to So, a man can't make an honest prediction because ]

Even Kirk Herbstreet doesn't offer his pick when he is involved in a game. That's all I am trying to say, sure he can have his opinion however "It is better to remain silent and be presumed an idiot than to open your mouth and prove you are!"

No fan , under the guise of realism or not, would

Jan 26, 2016, 7:49 AM

Ever pick against his or her team.

Sports has showed us time and again that anything can happen. Even in cases of insurmountable obstacles there is hope. However unlikely it may be, the ball could roll your way.

A fan will always hope the winds of fate are in their favor and their team will be victorious.

Realistic fans simply don't bet their house on it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Um he was pretty accurate with that prediction.

Jan 26, 2016, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: So, a man can't make an honest prediction because ]

We lost by 5, if we hadn't score a garbage time TD late when they were playing prevent the margin would have been 12. You should heed your own advice.

When we want a coot's advice we will come through

Jan 26, 2016, 8:53 AM

the drive-thru and asked for it.

Jan 26, 2016, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: So, a man can't make an honest prediction because ]

You should have followed your own advice rather than proving your ignorance. People like you are shameful and fortunately represent less and less of our fan base.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, But not

Jan 26, 2016, 7:55 AM [ in reply to So, a man can't make an honest prediction because ]

Everyone has a right to a job , especially in the entertainment industry.

welcome to the Lunatic Fringe portion of our fan base & ....

Jan 26, 2016, 8:30 AM [ in reply to So, a man can't make an honest prediction because ]

occupy 80% of Tigernet's Football & Recruiting message boards. Rational thought & logic are banned, use of either results in a lifetime & neo-trojan horse virus to your laptop.

Weird you use the word lunatic-----wear it well.***

Jan 26, 2016, 8:57 AM

Even ESPN doesn't let the announcers pick games

Jan 26, 2016, 8:35 AM [ in reply to So, a man can't make an honest prediction because ]

Herbstreit doesn't pick the game that he is announcing that night. And if ESPN has higher journalistic integrity then your point might be a bit off.

Besides, it IS a Clemson pregame show. It IS propaganda. It IS a homer broadcast. The home announcers aren't supposed to be unbiased. It aint a national broadcast. Larry Munson was a legendary broadcaster for UGA. I didn't expect him to sing the praises of his opponent, but he was fun to listen to. And would suck as a national play by play guy. Wes Durham is a completely different announcer when he was announcing for GT or the Falcons than when he is calling NCAA basketball games for CBS.

Its actually very simple, if there is controversy on the pick just don't have a prediction part of the show. In fact, leave the prognostications out all together. A pregame show is a rah-rah/make fun of the opponent/find out what folks are cooking etc. Its lack of focus and constant "advertorials" for some sponsor part of the reason that the tiger tailgate show isn't half what it used to be. 15 years ago, it was all folks listened to in the parking lot. Now, I don't think I've heard it at all.

Jan 26, 2016, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: I think I am more anxious to see what conspiracy some of you ]

6:01 and already the stupidest post of the day. but hey, it is still early.

I have a feeling it will be one upped by

Jan 26, 2016, 7:38 AM

@york_tiger before the end of the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jan 26, 2016, 6:11 AM

Scott what kind of naked pics does Bozo Swofford have of yall in the athletic dept?? Clemson is bigger than Friday night football games and if you don't feel that way then you are part of the problem....With the money we and FSU bring in they should be taking better care of us...

Also as above comment said the whole radio program stinks and again Clemson deserves better

Wait a minute…is this something set up by

Jan 26, 2016, 6:44 AM

you to see if we think there is a conspiracy? The ACC makes it seem like they are all powerful so they want everyone to think that they could set up a conspiracy? Kind of a Tigernet/AACC conspiracy, conspiracy?

Ole miss Bagman strikes again***

Jan 26, 2016, 7:12 AM

Re: Ole miss Bagman strikes again***

Jan 26, 2016, 8:17 AM

***BagMEN***

Scott, this is one of those threads that my better sense of

Jan 26, 2016, 7:19 AM

judgment tells me to avoid at all costs!

My compliments and best wishes for your continued good health........and survival! LOL

Yep - top 5 program, playing on Friday night.

Jan 26, 2016, 7:41 AM

No conspiracy. Just idiocy.

Re: Yep - top 5 program, playing on Friday night.

Jan 26, 2016, 7:48 AM

so, fsu was ranked 6 and had to play bc on friday last year. wonder if the fsu mot was claiming conspiracy. fridays suck, thursdays suck, but everyone has to do it. price you pay for having yankee teams in your league.

No, "everyone" does not have to do it***

Jan 26, 2016, 8:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Wasn't right for FSU either.

Jan 26, 2016, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Yep - top 5 program, playing on Friday night. ]

It's called College Football Saturday. Saturday is prime time.

Jan 26, 2016, 7:43 AM

Scott, you need to watch ESPN more. What seasoning are you using on that popcorn?

That said, we still need to FIRE SWOFFORD. You listening? Someone has to step up and lead the charge.

Now where did I put that popcorn?

Jan 26, 2016, 7:44 AM

Thursday night and Friday night in the same season is bullcrap! We did a thursday last year so this year we should not have any period. There are enough teams to rotate a Thursday.

Begin to wonder if Clemson on Thursday night is part of the espn acc contract?

#AgainstClemsonConference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 26, 2016, 8:14 AM

We haven't had a Thursday free schedule since 2011, and in 2013 we had two Thursday games.

Scott, it is more about conference scheduling than

Jan 26, 2016, 7:44 AM

How it impacts Clemson. The ACC looks like the Mountain West than a major Power 5 conference setting up all these Thursday and now Friday games while SEC gets most Saturday Prime Time games. Not a fan of ACC scheduling.

Re: Scott, it is more about conference scheduling than

Jan 26, 2016, 8:04 AM

BINGO! you are absolutely right!

ACC feels like they have to do the Thursday night games for exposure.

Probably in the the espn acc contract.

When was there a SEC team on a Thursday night?

Sounds like the best of the ACC has to play on Thursday night!

And the only way BC gets on tv is to play on Friday nights.

Jan 26, 2016, 8:27 AM

The word you're looking for is "eager", not "anxious".

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic