Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I still can't believe we have the number of gloom and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

I still can't believe we have the number of gloom and

Jan 5, 2014, 10:57 AM

doomers on here criticizing Dabo, Boyd, Morris, USC, etc. I'm 60 years old and first started going to games as a snot nosed kid playing on the hill while my parents watched the game in the stands. I've seen a lots of ups and downs over those years, and believe me - these are the good old days. You best enjoy them while they're here because it won't always be this way.

Do I want to win another NC? You bet. I was in Miami the night we won the 1981 championship and it is still one of the best memories in my life, including the birth of my kids. But at least 35 other teams every year want to win too and only one of them will.

Don't fail to enjoy what we are doing now in order to dwell on what else we might do. You'll live to regret it. Go Dabo!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still can't believe we have the number of gloom and

Jan 5, 2014, 11:04 AM

yep look at Texas now, Miami, what FSU went through for a while. Enjoy it while you have it. It can go away very quickly

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oka, Neb, USC, VT, Fla, and on an on and on. So many

Jan 8, 2014, 8:26 AM

that we forget when making an assessment. Some time ago I was in at the beginning with a guy named Napster(file sharing biz) and that never panned out for me and was asked by my father why I couldn't make millions and I said well I had hoped to but what one fails to factor in are all of the napsters that went belly up. He said good point.

It sort of parallels here in a sense. ND, OSU, Mich, Penn St, and on and on...

Many on here haven't been around long enough to have this perspective.

Jan 5, 2014, 11:08 AM

Couldn't agree with you more. Enjoy the good times.

Jan 5, 2014, 11:19 AM

I try( and hope I don't) not to critize the coaches,or the players,but I see nothing wrong with critizing the play calling( as in why we abandoned the run two years in a row against the coots, or got cute trying to throw the ball when a run would have accomoplished the needed result, something that happened in both the S.C. and Orange Bowl games).
One thing I try not to get into a discussion about is the NC.Clemson is not that good,not yet to be in the mix.
We have lost way to many times to the coots,and by double digits I might add),we trail FSU in recruiting,and we still have games in which we struggle against lesser opponents.
I love the direction in which our program is going,but hope the coaches ,and players realize that we are still not there yet.

^^^^^^^ Found one !!***

Jan 6, 2014, 7:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Jan 5, 2014, 11:38 AM

Well said!! Although most of these posts are Coots and trolls who have nothing better to do. Can't really come on here now and brag about winning the Capital One Bowl when we are ORANGE BOWL CHAMPIONS!!! I agree with you, we just won a BCS game over Ohio St! Say what you will, it's still an Ohio St team coached by a heck of a coach and only lost 1 game in 2 years. Remember, Meyer knows how to win BCS bowls. We came to play, and outplayed them. I'm going to enjoy this. I'm watching the replay on ESPNU now! Great win for this team. SO we lost to USUCK, it happens, it'll turn again. You think Oklahoma cares about losing to Texas now after winning the Sugar?? I doubt it. Go Tigers!!!!!!

Very well said!***

Jan 5, 2014, 11:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

People now a days are so obsessed with being...

Jan 5, 2014, 11:57 AM

right with their initial opinion, that they would rather have their team to fail to prove their initial opinion was right, rather than enjoying their teams success.
I went to the game and their was a fan calling Boyd a dummy all game long. After we won he had sour look on his face.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you ask the guy next to you if he goes by the name

Jan 5, 2014, 12:31 PM

pheebo on the Tiger Board(s)?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Wasn't concerned with what tigernet poster might be at...

Jan 5, 2014, 12:39 PM

the game, while I was at the game. My main focus was to cheer my Tigers on to victory.

Serious post is very serious***

Jan 5, 2014, 12:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Look at him being serious !!!! Who paid for the air ????***

Jan 6, 2014, 7:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: did you ask the guy next to you if he goes by the name

Jan 6, 2014, 7:20 AM [ in reply to did you ask the guy next to you if he goes by the name ]

Pheebo needs to crawl back under his rock and stay there

Jan 5, 2014, 12:00 PM

Very well said...I too am 60 years old and started going to games with my dad around 5 years old. I have sat thru the good and bad as well. I was at the 81 Orange Bowl a memory I will always have. As stated enjoy the ride...

It's pretty simple. Certain people are always going to be

Jan 5, 2014, 12:00 PM

unhappy and complain about things. When Dabo raises the standards of the program the complaining fans raise their expectations accordingly. These people should largely be ignored.

When the average fans that are typically supportive of the program begin to seriously complain, then there is a legitimate problem.

These will never be referred to as the good old days

Jan 5, 2014, 12:11 PM

simply because of the five straight.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, you need to get your priorities straight in life

Jan 5, 2014, 12:43 PM

if a bunch of inbred swine coot fans can bother you that much. In the 50's we lost 4 straight in a row to the coots, and yes the 50's are considered the good ole days of Frank Howard coached Clemson teams. Overall, Frank Howard was 14-15 against the coots. Guess what? Frank Howard is in the College Football Hall of Fame. So by your logic Frank Howard wasn't a good coach. Just stop it and quit being so bitter and closed minded, you're making yourself look very ignorant.

I was doing the same thing 45 years ago***

Jan 5, 2014, 12:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Believe it, these same people would say that Samantha

Jan 5, 2014, 12:41 PM

Ponder doesn't shave her south 40 right...

The anonymity of the site has given rise to would-be

Jan 5, 2014, 1:23 PM

journalists and pundits, many of whom provide little or no sound arguments to support their opinions or comments.

Others enjoy playing the role of Devil's Advocate, while some are merely seeking to disparage and discredit. Then, there are those who view only the here and now with little understanding of the history of schools and programs, which I think is important when considering a program's current status or direction.

Perhaps, the funniest are those who make bodacious statements of "fact" based solely on their opinions, which is foolhardy at best, idiocy at worst. The most aggravating are those who nitpick and complain "after the fact," such as those recently negatively criticizing Tajh Boyd over his OB performance.

Yet, many on TNet are knowledgeable, judicious and reasonable in their presentations, even some of our guests from other programs, and I always enjoy their posts. You are correct in that many of us older alumni and fans with years of experience with our program are well-pleased with our recent success, even given the missteps...the worst being, of course, this "peating" business with South Carolina.

The problem is, that these sentiments aren't just held by...

Jan 5, 2014, 1:59 PM

a few disgruntled fans on tigernet. I have ran across a number of tiger fans in person who hold these sentiments. It's pathetic when a Clemson fan lets inbred swine coots affect how they feel about Clemson. Another point about it, most of these people who hold these sentiments, basically repeat word for word the opinions of inbred swine coots as their own opinion.

We are working our way towards another NC!

Jan 5, 2014, 1:54 PM

nm

The very fact that so many people post junk-blows my mind

Jan 5, 2014, 1:55 PM

First off- I go to all the games home and away. Was at the Orange Bowl on Friday night, Chick fila last year, and OB year before last. I don't ever post on tigernet- I really have more important things to do that bicker with a bunch of knuckleheads about the coaches etc--- however-- I have to agree with the original post--- if you are belly aching about an 11 win season and an OB victory- we don't need you in the fan base. Move on!

Very well said my man...

Jan 5, 2014, 2:02 PM

...I wasn't in the Miami stands in '81 but there was no bigger fan than I. The team now is as close to what they did in those days as we have ever been since. I dare say today's team would beat the '81 team from simply offensive complexity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said!

Jan 5, 2014, 2:05 PM

Bravo!

I agree..I remember sitting in the stands back in the 80s...

Jan 5, 2014, 2:55 PM

...and listening to some fans complain about our boring offense. They would say "left, right, middle...left, right, middle, that's all we do." I'd remind them we got 4 yards each play and we'd win games, but didn't seem to matter. Some people just can't be satisfied. These were the same people who were calling for Coach Ford to be fired the year before our NC year. Yes, believe it or not, certain fans wanted Ford gone because we were 5-5. The only thing that likely saved him was a win against the Gamecocks that year to finish 6-5, and the rest is history. We even lost to a 2-9 Duke team that year! WOW, what would happen these days if that happened? Nope, Ford wouldn't have lasted past his 2nd year these days.

So, while disappointed with our ugly streak against the Gamecocks....11-2 with season bookend wins against Georgia and Ohio State? Pretty sweet if you ask me. Go TIGERS and good job Dabo!

I remember watching the West teams - only one good athletic

Jan 6, 2014, 7:28 AM

on the whole team - I watched the new president on golf cart assessing the sad situation - fans were leaving half empty stadium very unhappy. West was fired soon afterwards.
Be thankful for what we have - many good athletics, many stars in making, best group of redshirts yet. Go Tigers, be thankful for Dabo, he is setting us up for another NC

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree..I remember sitting in the stands back in the 80s...

Jan 7, 2014, 12:45 AM [ in reply to I agree..I remember sitting in the stands back in the 80s... ]

That's the problem...so many have not experienced the really lean years...So, they don't fully appreciate what we have now.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The gloom and doomers aren't great in number...

Jan 6, 2014, 8:33 AM

they are just relentless, loudmouthed, overbearning, obnoxious horse's azzes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The gloom and doomers aren't great in number...

Jan 7, 2014, 12:49 AM

Don't talk about horses that way...
THEY actually have intelligence.
:)
GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Great Post!

Jan 7, 2014, 12:33 AM

Great Post!
My Mom and Dad always told me, "A word to the wise is sufficient".
Hopefully, there are more than a few of those on this board.
GO TIGERS!!!

Bump-worthy post to start the day.

Jan 8, 2014, 8:15 AM

Great perspective and much needed from time to time. Good times being a Tiger but great times when seen from viewed in historical context.

99% of reasonable Tiger fans know we're lucky but still good to be reminded. One of my favorite TNET posts since rejoining tnet. TY poster!

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic