Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I watched the men's lacrosse final 4 yesterday. UVA had a helluva
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I watched the men's lacrosse final 4 yesterday. UVA had a helluva

May 26, 2019, 4:05 PM

comeback to beat Duke in two OT's. UVA will play Yale for the NC. Lacrosse is a lot more interesting, since they put in the shot clock this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but...

May 26, 2019, 4:13 PM

None of those 4 could hang with the Coot club team.

Amidoingitright Class of 09?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

SEC Club Sports: It Just Means Morer!!!

May 26, 2019, 4:41 PM

SE-CC! SE-CC! SE-CC!!!

(SEC Club)

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I watched the men's lacrosse final 4 yesterday. UVA had a helluva

May 26, 2019, 4:19 PM

Id definitely donate money to make a lacrosse team at clemson happen. It would be great to have a school south of North Carolina to get a team

Since I'm an old basketball player, I enjoy watching the

May 26, 2019, 4:38 PM

similarities to bball with the offense and defense strategy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too. Lacrosse would be so easy to add

May 26, 2019, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I watched the men's lacrosse final 4 yesterday. UVA had a helluva ]

We already have a great stadium for it (Riggs Field), and play in a great conference with plenty of good lacrosse schools. It’s a very fast growing sport in the south, and has been popular for a while in areas where many Clemson students are from (mid-Atlantic states and Northeast).

It’s easy for title IX purposes too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Bad decisions

May 26, 2019, 4:32 PM

I haven't been spent a lot of time on Tnet, but I've seen quite a few statements about how bad a decision it was to hire Hatfield. I'll just say that it wasn't too crazy about it and leave it that.

But if I were to pick a bad decision made by the leadership at Clemson, I would pick the school's decision to add rowing instead of adding women's lacrosse when they faced the Title IX issue. The school wouldn't have to worry about facility, and the sport is already popular among ACC school and many in the east coast.

If not women's lacrosse, my other choice would have been softball (but I can understand why the school didn't make the move then because of having to build another facility, spend more money and take away parking areas.

I get that, but I don't understand the decision against lacrosse.

Whether softball or lacrosse, we're behind many programs already.

When you consider that almost every high school in the south

May 26, 2019, 4:56 PM

plays softball, it was ridiculous to take so long to add softball!

Re: Bad decisions

May 26, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Bad decisions ]

Lacrosse is a fun sport to watch. The Virginia and Duke game was a very entertaining game to watch. I’d love for Clemson to one day have a lacrosse team. It’s a growing sport and I wish more people would give it a chance.

I think we have a club team...just win that & we can claim

May 26, 2019, 5:35 PM

a another natty, like the chickens did!!

Re: Bad decisions

May 26, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Bad decisions ]

Sorry for the double post

Message was edited by: colemanfan

Re: I watched the men's lacrosse final 4 yesterday. UVA had a helluva

May 26, 2019, 4:42 PM

Say what you want to Hawk but hopefully another national championship the conference can add. Already added another one in women’s golf. I suppose you’re against women’s golf and softball being at Clemson too.

It was natural to add a rowing team. This was the last 5? Years I think (maybe 4) years that the rowing championship has been held at Hartwell. Yeah, maybe a small amount of money, but $$$ for the local community nonetheless.

And btw- Lady Tigers finished 4th in rowing conference championship this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a cousin that's on the Clemson team. Seems they

May 26, 2019, 5:26 PM

have something like 60 rowers, with a varsity and jr varsity. I guess that's for Title 9 purposes.

I've only gotten a passing interest when some of my

May 26, 2019, 5:17 PM

younger cousins began playing as youths. now, one is headed to Duke next year and his younger brother is headed to Yale as a 2021 recruit. it's not a bad watch outside of football season during down time in sports like these few months...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus it’s nice to have a sport for those that couldn’t cut it in baseball.

May 26, 2019, 5:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

is baseball still relevant??

May 26, 2019, 8:13 PM

this is the first mention of baseball to me in several years... Has Hank Aaron broken Babe Ruth's home run record yet? I seem to recall that he was getting close... ??

It can be fun to play. A nice pastime.***

May 26, 2019, 8:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

True, I had some fun playing as a youth

May 26, 2019, 8:41 PM

my favorite player is Bob Gibson, he's going to be a Hall of Famer one day, on the first ballot without a doubt!! ??

One thing refreshing about lacrosse...NO replays!!***

May 26, 2019, 5:33 PM [ in reply to I've only gotten a passing interest when some of my ]

????***

May 26, 2019, 8:14 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic