Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I saw the game, know the score and stats, but I thought GT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,651

I saw the game, know the score and stats, but I thought GT

Aug 30, 2019, 4:22 PM

actually looked more physical on D last night then I remember under PJ.
Clemson dominated them, but give them credit for making the passing game difficult for TL.

Conversely, I thought they did fairly well in the passing game when they did try to pass. First game, but coverage and tackling will have to improve this week.. Kellen Mond is a legit QB.

Great game, GO TIGERS!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Seemed like we weren’t trying too hard to test them deep.

Aug 30, 2019, 4:40 PM

Since we pretty much had our way with them on the ground, not much need to open up the passing game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they played a lot of quarter/quarter/halve... especially to

Aug 30, 2019, 4:46 PM

the boundary. This means when the ball was on a hash, or out of the middle of the field, they would divide the boundary side into quarters, and have two guys responsible for anything deep in those areas. The other half of the side was the field, and someone would have it... It's similar to a 3 deep look, but it makes anything downfield into the boundary tough. Throwing deep back to the field side is obviously a long throw.

This is one reason I think TL was fooled on the INT... The corner had been bailing to his quarter, leaving underneath stuff easy.

It's also why we were able to get to the 2nd level so much and run the ball so well.

It also means TAMU has some decisions to make on how they are going to defend our ground game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw the game, know the score and stats, but I thought GT

Aug 30, 2019, 5:09 PM

My opinion is that Dabo and his OC's deliberately called as vanilla of a game as they could with their intentions not to give Jimbo anything new on film that he didn't already have from last season's plays. I'm also saying that since the Bama game, Dabo, Jeff and Tony have worked on and added new schemes to the passing game that hasn't been seen by anyone other than the coaches and players that has been at practice through all of spring and fall practice. All coaches, Non coaches, and fans all know that the passing game will open up the run game and vice versa. The easiest way to get the passing game going, is to run some passing schemes that everybody we have played hasn't seen yet, and they want recognize what we are doing before it's done bc they haven't practiced against what they haven't seen. Jimbo and his coaches will have to think on their feet in the game bc what we do next Saturday wasn't on any film for them to study. As I'm sure our coaches will have to do the same bc, Jimbo and his OC has done some rescheming through last spring and fall camp as our coaches have done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,651
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic