Topic: I remember a couple years ago Bama was outraged we scored 35
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 22, 2019 8:24 AM by: Rw43
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 1  

I remember a couple years ago Bama was outraged we scored 35

[1]
Posted: Jan 22, 2019 1:24 AM

on their defense. Used it as motivation in 2017. Are they going to be extra angry and motivated we hung 44 on them now, or just depressed and resigned to their fate the next time we play them?

Re: I remember a couple years ago Bama was outraged we scored 35

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 8:24 AM

If they had better players, they'd have used them.

Will they be more motivated next time? Of course. It was clear they were unfocussed and failed to give their best effort as a team.

So what? That's poor preparation, which is on the coaching staff AND the players. But the bottom line is this: if you eat the rat poison, knowing that it's poison, you deserve everything bad that happens afterward. Tide coaches, players and fans made the rat poison part of their diet and then faced a team that was humble, hungry and great. The result was inevitable, though it was in doubt for awhile.

Will the Tide be more motivated next year? Sure. Will we be less hungry, humble next year? Maybe. Will we be less talented? I don't think so, though we will be less mature. Supposing that we face them next year, i expect we'll only beat them by 14 next time.

But they need to get a backup QB ready or an SEC school might beat them. With Hurts and 60% of that O-line gone, they need to develop the ability to score points if Tua gets hurt.

Replies: 1  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1616 people have read this post