Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I recall over the years athletes having their spleens
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,181

I recall over the years athletes having their spleens

Aug 7, 2020, 8:57 AM

severely damaged while playing with an un-diagnosed case of Mononucleosis. Seems that the spleen swells up before other symptoms present. I wonder if COVID might have similar affects on vital organs that could make an athlete in a contact sport far more susceptible to catastrophic injury.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the PC movement retired you in favor of Log Cabin?

Aug 7, 2020, 8:59 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There gonna' be a T-Net protest? How do you cyber-riot?***

Aug 7, 2020, 9:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: There gonna' be a T-Net protest? How do you cyber-riot?***

Aug 7, 2020, 9:42 AM

Break into peoples accounts as a hack ;)

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am trying to change my handle to

Aug 7, 2020, 10:03 AM [ in reply to I thought the PC movement retired you in favor of Log Cabin? ]

The Electric Aunt Karen

that'll only #### someone else off.***

Aug 7, 2020, 10:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If his user name won't #### em' off then his avatar pic will***

Aug 7, 2020, 10:59 AM [ in reply to I thought the PC movement retired you in favor of Log Cabin? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

COVID-19 is a respiratory virus so hopefully not

Aug 7, 2020, 9:22 AM

Any references to "long-term" damage (which we can't possibly know yet, as the virus has only really been around for eight months) always refer to reduced lung capacity. Also most of the deadly complications are respiration related like pneumonia. I'd be nice if reduced endurance is the worst a high-level athlete will encounter, but I'm no doctor. I just want this thing to go away and do as little damage to past, present and future Tigers as possible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: COVID-19 is a respiratory virus so hopefully not

Aug 7, 2020, 9:47 AM

I'm with you with the concerns of the after for the survivors. But they are very close to having a treatable vaccine ready to market!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COVID-19 is a vascular disease.

Aug 7, 2020, 9:50 AM [ in reply to COVID-19 is a respiratory virus so hopefully not ]

which is why it can be so much worse.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-e&ei=ilotX5r6Iu6FggfU_5bIBw&q=covid+19+is+a+vascular+disease&oq=covid+19+is+a+vascular+disease&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzICCAAyBggAEAgQHjoGCAAQBxAeOgQIABANOggIABAIEAcQHjoICAAQCBANEB5Q2kxYklxg111oAHAAeACAAYQCiAG3CpIBBTguMi4ymAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwia57PWnInrAhXuguAKHdS_BXkQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Re: COVID-19 is a vascular disease.

Aug 7, 2020, 9:59 AM

Correct. Most young people will do fine with minimal to no symptoms. However, as you point out, while COVID is primarily transmitted via the respiratory tract it is an inflammatory disease that can cause vasculitis, thus capable of affecting the heart, kidneys, brain, etc. Young people should live their lives as most would have more symptoms during the annual flu. Older folks have to be more careful, but no one has to live in the basement.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heart is more likely and there is a process of being cleared to play if

Aug 7, 2020, 10:06 AM

There is any hint at involvement with the heart.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,181
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic