Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I pay little attention to ESPiN's talkers during our games.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I pay little attention to ESPiN's talkers during our games.

Nov 4, 2016, 12:34 PM

I watched some of the UL/Clemson game and noticed a comment made by Herbie. After we stopped them at the last play they had of offense it became obvious that we had the game in the bag. Herbie said "UL did nothing to hurt themselves in the big picture by losing this game."

Well, we're ranked #2 and UL dropped to #7 with the only negative being "THAT GAME." That is why I put the 'i' in ESPiN. I do not believe they can help it. They are all just chittalkers at heart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP..like Herbie BUT

Nov 4, 2016, 12:38 PM

He & others even worse are clones of doctrination of promoting ESPN, pumping up SEC & whatever it takes to keep all of us uneven, upset, etc....but "still" watching for the $ sake.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YeP..like Herbie BUT

Nov 4, 2016, 5:05 PM

Herbie does not pump the sec

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, he's a color commentator who is paid to give opinions.

Nov 4, 2016, 12:42 PM

I think Herbie is pretty sincere. Sometimes you may like what he has to say, sometimes you don't.
I listen to Packer daily. He's the same except he's not calling the game.
I certainly don't believe that Herbie making that comment is what kept LV at #7. That kind of thinking puts you on the same level with LV fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Whether or not I like it has no bearing on how...

Nov 4, 2016, 3:50 PM

stupid, ignorant, maroonic, dumb and outrageous the comment was. Remember, UL had already beaten FSU and would have been in the catbird seat for this division and a sure fired CCG which they would likely have won then moved on to the playoff with an undefeated record.

I like Herbie and think he's one of the best. He's probably in the upper crust of ESPiN's guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Louisville play us before they played FSU?***

Nov 8, 2016, 11:56 PM

null

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't Louisville play us before they played FSU?***

Nov 9, 2016, 1:02 AM

No!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was true at the time though---

Nov 4, 2016, 12:50 PM

FSU was still a quality win, and Houston was another chance for a quality win, which isnt the case now. Louisville was also crushing everyone they played. They may still be top-5 if they had murdered Duke and UVA.

So?

Nov 4, 2016, 3:52 PM

They are bound for a New Year's day bowl now anyways. That's all #5 would have gotten them.

Re: So?

Nov 4, 2016, 5:04 PM

Being #5 right now would've let them jump anyone in the top-4 that lost, with little chance of being jumped if they beat a really good Houston team and killed everyone on their schedule. Now at #7, they won't get in even if they win out because with Houston falling off they have no more quality wins, and they've struggled twice. They wont jump the teams in front of them that have a chance for more quality wins.

Do you honestly believe that the Playoff Committee would...

Nov 4, 2016, 8:38 PM

put two ACC teams in the playoff? Be honest.

Yes - per ESPN, the ACC Atl and Coastal are two

Nov 5, 2016, 12:03 PM

of the toughest three divisions in football.

I admit, ESPN has more influence over this committee than...

Nov 6, 2016, 11:13 AM

I expect and wanted and more than they should have. Maybe you're right but I still think a one loss conference champ will get the nod over a one loss team without a CC trophy if there is no head to head or common opponent by which to compare.

Re: I pay little attention to ESPiN's talkers during our games.

Nov 4, 2016, 5:11 PM

Recently ESPN aired the game of California School of the Deaf. They showed some drives without sound, called it "Silent Drives." I thought that might be a good tradition to start for ALL games... I missed the pads hitting, but not the commentary.

I mute all our games that I watch at home.

Nov 4, 2016, 8:40 PM

I talk to my sons instead of listening to the hype off the tube. I watch games the second time alone so I can really evaluate our progress minus the emotions of live action.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

It would be great if they could add a feed to the digital

Nov 5, 2016, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I pay little attention to ESPiN's talkers during our games. ]

side where the announcers were muted but the rest of the sound of the game was on. Seems like this is entirely possible now, especially considering they're already doing it on the video side for some games.

Mic the refs and boost the PA slightly - voila!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic