I miss the days of Jack Leggett

[2]
Posted: Mar 6, 2021, 8:54 PM

I said it.

link

Re: I miss the days of Jack Leggett

[4]
Posted: Mar 6, 2021, 9:00 PM

Monte is a good coach let’s give him some more time. Even Jack got a bunch of years & he didn’t disappoint any of us until we got a little greedy.

Monte is still growing, let’s give him a chance to get better, it’s not like we have been bad.

2021 white level member link

“Let’s make the others want to be like us” Dabo Swinney!!

The best is yet to come!! I’m so grateful for Clemson Football going into the 2020’s

Leggett made the CWS at least once every 4 year cycle except for the last one.

[2]
Posted: Mar 6, 2021, 9:13 PM

95, 96, 00, 02, 06, 10

Pretty consistent

link

Probably should have won a couple of them.

[2]
Posted: Mar 6, 2021, 11:37 PM

Especially with the level of talent he had out there two or three times.

link

[1]
Posted: Mar 6, 2021, 10:05 PM

I don't.

link

Montee = Brownell, with a worse resume

[1]
Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 4:20 AM

They're young this yr but his teams have been subpar up to now

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg link

Re: Montee = Brownell, with a worse resume

[1]
Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 7:40 AM

Montes teams can not hit an off speed pitch They are fine on fast balls but are awful on the curve ball. That’s coaching and it’s been that way every year since he has been here.

[2]
Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 8:13 AM

I miss Bill Wilhelm. There I said it.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg link

[1]
Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 8:44 AM

I miss Bill Wilhelm. There I said it.

Me, too!

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

[2]
Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 8:37 AM

I would have liked to see some one from the JL coaching tree take over. Think those assistant's have like 12 combined CWS appearances and 3 Natty's.

link

Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 9:40 AM

DRad burned those bridges.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

[2]
Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 10:20 AM

There is a reason 2009 is a big year in Clemson baseball. Something in that year is the sole purpose of Clemson's middling success, yes I'm talking Title IX and limiting scholarships. It's why equity is a destructive ideology. I mean you can miss Jack all you want but he too would have done nothing more than Monte. Clemson baseball is a victim of circumstance not coaching. Progressives hate the free market. They hate it because they can't control it. They hate it because Capitalism truly rewards those that actually strive to be better. Politicians should ask themselves one thing when passing a policy, "does this policy help at least one person WITHOUT hurting anyone". That is the only question a politician should ask themselves. Hence why Title IX and equity are nothing more than the destruction of the free market. There is nothing wrong with letting the marketplace set the value of one's goods. If university's are willing to lose money on a sport whether men's or women's then that is their decision, but to MAKE universities lose money on equity then having to subsidize them with tax payer dollars is asinine. This is Common Sense 101 but then again maybe I'm just a misogynist sexist pig white supremacist.

link

[1]
Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 10:30 AM

Are you actually under the impression that Title IX was passed in 2009? Title IX was passed in 1972. Jack Leggett literally dealt with Title IX and arcane NCAA scholarship limits his entire career.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

[1]
Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 10:28 AM

Unfortunately Jack was rude and unlikable. His assistants will not leave Vandy or UF as they have advantages at those schools not available at Clemson so it would be dumb on their part to come home. The playing field is far from level so I suspect making a regional is about all we can hope for in the near term

link

Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 10:28 AM

Unfortunately Jack was rude and unlikable. His assistants will not leave Vandy or UF as they have advantages at those schools not available at Clemson so it would be dumb on their part to come home. The playing field is far from level so I suspect making a regional is about all we can hope for in the near term

link

[1]
Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 10:54 AM

A friend of mine was a High School baseball coach at a local school . He is a huge Clemson fan . He said he'd call Leggett about a kid that he thought would be a good Clemson prospect. He said Leggett wouldn't even look at the kid . By the same token he'd call Ray Tanner and he'd say sure we'll look at the kid...and did .

He said it killed him to call Tanner but his first priority was his players and the chance to get them a scholarship to play baseball. It reminds me of Gaines Adams and Holtz refusing to look at his film etc.

link

and that is why

Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 11:17 AM

outside of a few years, South Carolina has been miles ahead of us in baseball. sorry but its true. even in the recent years when we've beat them I think they were the better team. We needed miracles a few times. and they should have beaten us worse this year as well.

With that being said, I believe we have some good, young talent. especially pitching. As much as I love offense, I would rather win 2-1 than lose 10-9. remember Virginia a few years ago? they couldnt hit their way out of a paper bag, yet they went all the way to the CWS finals. and when UCLA had gerrit cole and trevor bauer they weren't an offensive team. I still don't know how South Carolina beat them that year.

Imagine if we had let Corbin take over years ago

Posted: Mar 7, 2021, 12:07 PM

say around 2002

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg link

Replies: 17  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 tickets on the 30 yd line in Sec F row LL and a williamston rd parking pass beside Lot 1, asking 4...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
2667 people have read this post