Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I like KB2 and think he should continue to play, but .......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

I like KB2 and think he should continue to play, but .......

Sep 17, 2018, 3:40 PM

IMO we have no chance vs UGA or Bama in the playoffs with him getting the bulk of the snaps at QB if we face them. I think our only chance vs those teams is for TL to continue to develop and improve and then have him go "Watson" on them at the end of year.

I believe Dabo and Scelliott know this as well. There still isn't a ton a separation right now between the two guys, but we all know that for us to take that next leap offensively, Trevor as the take the quantum leap and clearly separate himself as the guy. If not we still waltz through an unimpressive conference schedule and then get smoked in the playoffs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.***

Sep 17, 2018, 3:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just don't buy this "we have no chance"line of thinking

Sep 17, 2018, 3:44 PM

We had the ball mid third quarter down a single score and driving against Bama last year when a fluke interception swayed the game.

Don't get me wrong, they beat us, hats off to them. But we weren't out of the game or without a chance to win that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just don't buy this "we have no chance"line of thinking

Sep 17, 2018, 4:01 PM

I agree. Both qbs look "good" for Clemson right now, not great. TL clearly the better passer. KB the better runner. I think the offense can continue making the adjustment to having both play. And let us not forget Clemson's D, which can win games too. Special teams are improving, IMO. This "we have no chance" is true Coot speak. Clemson has a tremendous chance of going all the way this year. GoooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a Hurts led Bama team. Tua is a different animal

Sep 17, 2018, 4:11 PM [ in reply to I just don't buy this "we have no chance"line of thinking ]

Bama's offense actually looks elite now. That hasn't been the case in years. Last year's effort won't even come close to getting it done this year.

Re: That's a Hurts led Bama team. Tua is a different animal

Sep 17, 2018, 6:36 PM

If our D plays like it can and should no team, even a Bama team with Tua should score more than 21. KB can score 3 TDs against Bama if play calling and execution is on. Now playing both will keep them on their toes I believe. TL gets the mid-deep passing game going and he has looked good so far but had his struggles against A&M. KB HAS been hitting the deep balls and running the O smoothly. We may need them both. We may only need 1. Idk but either can beat Bama imo. Especially with our D idc if Tua is their QB or not he has not played a D like ours. Against the Dawgs he should have been picked off twice and they didn't get it. It would have been a different game if they did.

In your world, is the sky also Orange?***

Sep 17, 2018, 8:01 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In your world, is the sky also Orange?***

Sep 17, 2018, 9:43 PM

In ur world beating horrible teams by 50 points makes you unbeatable? We can beat Bama with either QB if we played tomorrow.

You are high***

Sep 17, 2018, 9:58 PM

Re: You are high***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:04 PM

You act like a coot

you sound stupid....Let's call it a draw***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:13 PM

Re: You are high***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:19 PM [ in reply to You are high*** ]

Don't smoke anymore but good guess lol. I know Bama is good but I know our boys are every bit as good if not better. Hopefully we get to see it in the playoffs. If Bama beats A&M by 50 I will say they will be very difficult for us to beat but I would still believe that we could beat them.

Our offense generated 3 points the last time we played them,

Sep 17, 2018, 10:27 PM

and they are better on both sides of the ball this year.

Re: Our offense generated 3 points the last time we played them,

Sep 17, 2018, 10:30 PM

Lol how do you know they are better when they have not played anybody worth a crap? I do think it is impressive what their D did to Ole Miss tho. We will see how good Bama is throughout the year. Yes they are dang good but we are better from last year as well.

Their offense is inarguably better and they have improved

Sep 17, 2018, 10:53 PM

their pass defense, Thompson is an upgrade over Harrison, he has better ball skills and more range...They will crush the only team with a pulse that we have played, because they are a machine...And we are currently a monkey ####### a football...We have plenty of time to improve, but we are NOT beating them without a QB who can make a play with his ARM when the play breaks down...KB just doesn't possess that skillset...Deshaun lived off of it, I'm hoping we can get Trevor enough reps to give them the game we should have given them last year but couldn't...For obvious reasons

Re: In your world, is the sky also Orange?***

Sep 17, 2018, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: In your world, is the sky also Orange?*** ]

In your world, KB can score 3 on Bama, although the only two teams in his entire career to date he's solely credited for more than 2 TD's against is NC State and Louisville. Just a point to think about.

that also was a jalen hurts led Bama offense you're talking

Sep 17, 2018, 4:42 PM [ in reply to I just don't buy this "we have no chance"line of thinking ]

about...unless there's an injury in Tuscaloosa you won't have that luxury. Granted we have a stout defense once the secondary puts the pieces together but Tua still is going to score on us which is fine but we gotta answer...not once but the majority of drives. The only way we won was by attacking the middle / downfield and that's alot scarier i'm sure when you're operating from that collapsing pocket.

They turned the ball over in FG range and we went BACKWARDS***

Sep 17, 2018, 5:06 PM [ in reply to I just don't buy this "we have no chance"line of thinking ]

Sep 17, 2018, 6:42 PM [ in reply to I just don't buy this "we have no chance"line of thinking ]

Bama loaded up the box because Bryant would not and could not throw the ball down the field.......this stopped KB2 running game also and it was only a matter of time before that caught up with us which it did.......KB2 has not improved his passing ability therefore we have the same problem we had last year......which will ultimately lead to another loss to Bama this year if we make it that for........I believe the main reason our offense has not really clicked thus for this season is because of the two quarterback rotation where neither QB has been able to get in a groove out there.....Trevor's arm gives our offense the opportunity to stretch the field which will also open up the running game.....Yes he is still a freshman out there and will make some mistakes but I would rather for him to make them now and learn from them than come playoff time and make them then........He is the future and IMO the present for this team......time has come to go with one guy and that guy is named Trevor Lawrence........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 17, 2018, 10:57 PM [ in reply to I just don't buy this "we have no chance"line of thinking ]

That was Bama without Tua. Unfortunately. I think our D can keep us in any game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that has been my thinking...

Sep 17, 2018, 4:19 PM

but we don't win the A & M game without Bryant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we almost didn't win it with him though***

Sep 17, 2018, 5:08 PM

Re: we almost didn't win it with him though***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:05 PM

Almost lol

Re: we almost didn't win it with him though***

Sep 17, 2018, 11:09 PM

With only Kelly, we wouldn't have. I'll say it again...28-Trevor's 7 = 21...I do believe 26>21. Both were needed, we did not win it on just what he did.

Re: that has been my thinking...

Sep 17, 2018, 5:46 PM [ in reply to that has been my thinking... ]

There is no way of knowing that. TL could have led 4 straight td drives in the third and fourth quarters for all we know.

All we do know is that KB only ran 12 plays in the 4th and

Sep 17, 2018, 6:16 PM

got over half of his yardage in that quarter on a 1st down keeper

Re: All we do know is that KB only ran 12 plays in the 4th and

Sep 17, 2018, 6:43 PM

That is because play calling from the OC. Putting the game on our D and not letting KB throw but 2 or 3 times.

Sep 17, 2018, 6:45 PM [ in reply to All we do know is that KB only ran 12 plays in the 4th and ]

We also know KB lead us to 2 big time TD drives in the second half but I guess those don't count?

Sep 17, 2018, 6:57 PM

14 points in basically an entire half is not really much to beat your chest over. He missed an easy throw on a crucial 3rd and medium that ended a drive in the 4th. A throw that senior qbs on national championship contending teams simply can’t miss. He did not play well in the 4th quarter.

Sep 17, 2018, 7:22 PM

He did that in the 3rd quarter. I agree the 4th quarter wasn't good but not all on KB. TL had his chance in the second half and did not do much. I'm not saying KB is perfect or that we don't need to do better but you guys act like putting in TL is just the end of all our trouble because he passed the ball good against GSU. Yes he can sling it and he looked good against A&M at times. I do believe he is dang good now and will become great but right now he and KB both deserve to play and have both played pretty well. Y'all can continue to ignore what KB has done for us and only focus on what TL does if you want to but KB is going to continue to play.

Sep 17, 2018, 8:06 PM

Actually it was with 4:09 left in the 4th. It was a simple out route to the field, intended for Amari Rodgers. It was a 3rd and 8 and would have given us the first down and the ability to run more clock. Instead, we punt and they get 2 more possessions.

These are the things Kb has done his whole career that keep this offense from being as good as it can. You can ignore it all you want, but it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. What me and everyone else have seen out of TL, he makes that throw with his eyes closed, as a true freshman.

Let's make no mistake here buddy, he has passed the ball

Sep 17, 2018, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: All we do know is that KB only ran 12 plays in the 4th and ]

better in EVERY game, with the same crappy play calling you hide behind...I've only seen ONE QB complete a long ball that WRs didn't have to dive for, and I've seen him do it every game...To say he ONLY passed well vs GSU is either deceitful or ignorant, your call.

Re: Let's make no mistake here buddy, he has passed the ball

Sep 17, 2018, 9:49 PM

KB had a great deep ball to Higgins and Renfrow at A&M. A great pass that he checked into to Rodgers. Kb made some great deep ball passes in the Furman game so what in the heck are you talking about?? I think TL has looked good but at A&M he has one good throw to Tee and a good throw to Renfrow for 8 yards on 3rd and 10. Yes TL has a better arm but stop downplaying KB. Both have been really good.

Kelly doesn't throw a catchable ball, those examples, like

Sep 17, 2018, 9:57 PM

Renfrow in A&M, or Kendrick vs Furman, they got zero yards after the catch...Nobody is downplaying KB, just pointing out his obvious limitations...We went the last quarter of the A&M game and the 1st quarter of GSU scoreless...Were it not for a drive consisting of hand offs and a single 4 yard pass, he would be scoreless his last 3 quarters...Spin that

Re: Kelly doesn't throw a catchable ball, those examples, like

Sep 17, 2018, 11:16 PM

Might also want to point out that Trevor played 6 of the first 9 drives at Texas A&M... When you even them out at 6 a piece, KB and the RB's got 14 calls for running... Trevor in his 6 drives... Only 6 calls for a rush for him and the RB's. The play calling didn't exactly help to keep them guessing what was coming after that first pass TD. 6 rush attempts in 5 remaining drives?

When the game was on the line, WRU turned to their D for an

Sep 17, 2018, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: All we do know is that KB only ran 12 plays in the 4th and ]

entire quarter...That pretty much sums it up

How'd he do in the fourth quarter when we really needed pts?

Sep 17, 2018, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: All we do know is that KB only ran 12 plays in the 4th and ]

Goose egg.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I think TL should play since we don't have a chance

Sep 17, 2018, 4:20 PM

of beating Bama of UGA anyway.

Maybe with 2.7 years of experience for TL we can beat them in 2020. (Replacing our DL in 2019, so there goes that season)

frankly, our offense has a lot of issues with either QB***

Sep 17, 2018, 5:39 PM

agreed***

Sep 17, 2018, 6:23 PM

Re: agreed***

Sep 17, 2018, 6:41 PM

Yep. We seem to have problems with our oline too. TL or KB, it will be tough taking 4 snaps from the one to score... against a gsu D that was injury riddled.

As for the bama game last year- different game if we had that aTm punter. Who knows what the results would have been but we never flipped the field and it gave them all the momentum.

As for the QB’s, I think we’ll see TL get the start this week. I pray that KB is available, and if so how many times do we run him? Do we chance getting him banged up even more. I’d love to see TL get the start and get a few quick scores and rest kb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like KB2 and think he should continue to play, but .......

Sep 17, 2018, 6:40 PM

And of course, you have passed along all of this information to Dabo, Tony, and Jeff?

Re: I like KB2 and think he should continue to play, but .......

Sep 17, 2018, 11:25 PM

No, because then he'd be telling the coaches what to do...oh wait. Guess he's not then.

I think the current plan is a disservice to both QBs to be

Sep 17, 2018, 7:49 PM

honest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic