Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know we've discussed the playoff deal ad nauseous, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,632

I know we've discussed the playoff deal ad nauseous, but

Nov 13, 2019, 4:36 PM

The highest ranked team with 0 losses is SEC.
Highest ranked team with 1 loss is SEC.
2nd highest ranked team with 1 loss is SEC.
Highest ranked team with 2 losses is SEC.
2nd Highest ranked team with 2 losses is SEC.

But, DON'T WORRY THERE'S NO BIAS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Four completeness could you do the teams with

Nov 13, 2019, 4:39 PM

3 and 4 losses? Thanks!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are only three 3-loss teams that are ranked

Nov 13, 2019, 4:43 PM

2 are from the Big12 and 1 is from the B1G. There are no ranked 4-loss teams. Hth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

CORRECTION! There are four ranked 3-loss teams

Nov 13, 2019, 4:44 PM

and 3 are from the Big12 and 1 is from the B1G. There is an obvious Big12 bias!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I know we've discussed the playoff deal ad nauseous, but

Nov 13, 2019, 5:10 PM

Ok, so which team with 0 losses has a better resume this season and should be #1 instead?

Which 1 loss team has done more this season and is more deserving to be the highest ranked 1 loss team?

Which 2 loss team has done more?

I see posts like this all the time that want to call out something as bias, but then they don't include any teams they would put there instead while also explaining what that team has done this year to make them feel that way.

Nov 13, 2019, 5:17 PM

Good luck trying to get any reasonably intelligent response to your post. These never ending proof-of-bias post are the same as the proof-of-cheating. Ask someone to show the truth about either and you get nothing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One loss teams... I'd go Penn St as the obvious #1.

Nov 13, 2019, 5:21 PM

Then it's a little more debatable.

Oregon - ok wins and an ok loss.
UGA - awful tie to SCar with 2 ok wins.
Bama - good loss to LSU with no good wins
Okla - awful loss. no wins

Re: One loss teams... I'd go Penn St as the obvious #1.

Nov 13, 2019, 5:32 PM

Penn State is debatable I suppose since they match Georgia with 2 top 25 wins, and their loss was to a better team. I personally just see Penn State as a team that talent wise should probably fall somewhere between 15-20, and they just happened to be good enough to win close games against 2 other teams(Iowa and Michigan) who fall into that same category. I realize that is all an opinion however.

Nov 13, 2019, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I know we've discussed the playoff deal ad nauseous, but ]

0 losses with better resume? LSU is probably ok here.

1 loss team? Penn St clearly has the best resume. Oregon would be next. I'd give UGA the nod over Bama because UGA tied SCar and has had 2 decent wins. Bama has had 0 good wins and lost. It's hard for me to count a college OT as a loss.

2 loss team? I think Florida is severely overrated. I'd say Wake is for sure the answer here.

Nov 13, 2019, 5:36 PM

Holy ####. Did you really just say Wake? Did I really just read that?

The football iq on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Nov 13, 2019, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I know we've discussed the playoff deal ad nauseous, but ]

Just curious, but why would you put Oregon ahead of Georgia? Georgia has 2 wins over teams currently ranked in the top 25 while Oregon has none. Yeah Georgia has the worse looking loss, but I don't think that different trumps the 2 top 25 wins when being compared to a team with the same record. Oregon just barely avoided a similar loss themselves when they beat a 4-5 Washington State team 37-35.

Two questions on Wake over Florida. What makes you say Florida is overrated? Why would you put Wake ahead of them? Florida has a win over top 15 ranked Auburn. Auburn btw beat the Oregon team that you'd rank at #5 if I'm understanding you correctly. One of Florida's losses was by 14 on the road against the team ranked #1 right now in a game that was tied at halftime, that Florida led midway through the 3rd, and that was a 7 point game until LSU scored with 5:43 left. Their other loss was by 7 points to a Georgia team that you'd have ranked 6th.

I'm first not understanding why you think Florida is overrated at #11 based on those results, but especially curious as to why you'd rank Wake ahead of them. Wake has only played 3 games against teams with a winning record and they're 1-2 in those games. The one win was a 38-35 win over 5-4 Utah State. One of the losses was by 19 points to unranked VT, and they gave up 62 points in the other loss to an unranked Louisville team. They also have a 3 point win over 5-5 BC, and a 2 point win over 5-5 FSU. That's more impressive of a resume to you than what Florida has done?

Nov 13, 2019, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I know we've discussed the playoff deal ad nauseous, but ]

"Which 1 loss team has done more this season and is more deserving to be the highest ranked 1 loss team?"

Minnesota. They beat a team higher ranked than any team UGa has beaten. They've played and beaten numerous teams that are better than the team UGa lost to.

(putting Minnesota here since most assume they're going to have a loss eventually.)

Message was edited by: cunms®

Clemson. 25 Straight and Defending National Champion

Nov 13, 2019, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I know we've discussed the playoff deal ad nauseous, but ]

That is by far the best resume :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 5:13 PM

SEC has the ratings truth be told ESPN and the Committee know if 2 SEC teams make the playoff the money from that will far exceed what the PAC 12 or ACC make

Nov 13, 2019, 5:56 PM

I'm sure that the committee made up of the AD of Oregon as the head along with the AD of Oklahoma, long time VT head coach Frank Beamer, AD of GT, a professor at Arizona State, a retired military guy who went to West Point, the AD from Iowa, and the AD of Arkansas State are just dying to do whatever they need to do in order to make sure as many SEC teams get in as possible to help out ESPN.

Nov 13, 2019, 6:20 PM

the Ducks AD has to leave the room when discussing Oregon. Playoffs make their money off tv ratings and a LSU UGA draws more ratings than an LSU Oregon game

Nov 13, 2019, 6:00 PM

Ad nauseous?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ad Nauseous?***

Nov 13, 2019, 6:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,632
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic