Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know this sounds terrible
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I know this sounds terrible

Sep 24, 2018, 12:47 PM

but do we almost have to pull for USuCk the rest of the year to at least get us one more good win on our resumé? Hate to say it and I hate pulling for them, but we might need to consider it for the sake of our good and not theirs. I mean, looking at it now, TAMU will be a top 25 team come playoff time, Cuse (ehh maybe), Duke (ehh maybe), but what kind of wins are those besides TAMU? Would be nice to get another top 25 win at the end of the year the week before conference championships start.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Sep 24, 2018, 12:48 PM

Re: No

Sep 24, 2018, 12:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Our success never has been and never will be dependent upon their success so

Sep 24, 2018, 1:03 PM [ in reply to No ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Sep 24, 2018, 12:48 PM

absolutely not.

#noway

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No

Sep 24, 2018, 12:50 PM

Dumbest post ever. Win is all we need. Starting with Syracuse

Nope

Sep 24, 2018, 12:52 PM

First, I'm not sure its physically possible for me to pull for the gamecocks to win.

and

Second, our path is clear. Win and we're in. We don't really have room for error this year, but we wouldn't even with a slightly elevated USC team either. This is a year that it would appear we most likely have to be 13-0 to make it to the playoff (barring some real chaos), and that doesn't change with USC being any realistically better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know this sounds terrible

Anyone pulling for them should receive a swan kick to the neck region.

Hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way.

Sep 24, 2018, 12:53 PM

I see feathers

Sep 24, 2018, 12:58 PM

Actually, some of you are not thinking deeply enough, and fail to see the silver lining in this very dark cloud.

Here's how it works:
USUC wins out except for losing to CLEMSON - has ONE conference loss
UK wins out except loses to USUC - has ONE conf loss to USUC, so USUC leads in the East
AU wins out
UGA loses to UK and AU and has TWO losses

USUC wins the SEC Least
USUC beats Bama in the SECCG
USUC plays in the CFP
USUC faces CLEMSON in the CFP
CLEMSON gets to curb-stomp USUC AGAIN!! Twice in one season. It does not get better than that. :)

Now - do you want to re-think your responses, or are we all just happy to see USUC lose every game and we only get to curb-stomp them ONCE?

Sep 24, 2018, 1:13 PM

Even that wouldn't be worth seeing them actually win the SEC and make the playoffs. I'd rather keep it as neither of those things ever happening.

TIP dreams about SCU being good.***

Sep 24, 2018, 12:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

you are absolutely right!

Sep 24, 2018, 1:00 PM

this sounds terrible!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

If you arent pulling against USuC to even win the coin toss you arent doing it right***

Sep 24, 2018, 1:09 PM

Sep 24, 2018, 1:18 PM

No. We don't HAVE to pull for anyone. And regardless, it really doesn't matter who you pull for.

I want to see SC lose every game - it brings me great joy! But... if they win out, or A&M wins out, or FSU, or whomever, it helps our strength of schedule. It's a win win. If they lose, I'm happy. If they win (other than our game!), it makes us look better w/SOS and when we beat them in Nov.

And SOS aside, if we win out, we're in. Unless the highly unlikely scenario of five teams going undefeated....

I would cheer for Russia before I cheered for the coots!***

Sep 24, 2018, 1:30 PM

Sep 24, 2018, 1:32 PM

NO. They lose everything in everything, football, basketball, chess. It's their role and their destiny. It's our role and destiny to help them along their way and to enjoy when every other school helps them.

Sep 24, 2018, 1:37 PM

emotional argument: No, I'd never pull for those losers.

logical argument: No. If we go undefeated, we are in the playoff, no question about that. If we happen to lose to anyone on our schedule from here out, we don't deserve to be in the playoff anyways.. so there it is: No valid reason to pull for the poultry #####.

If we go undefeated, it's a non-issue.***

Sep 24, 2018, 1:38 PM

Sep 24, 2018, 1:40 PM

It does sound terrible.

You trying to give TNet an Apoplexy????

Not for love or money !!!!***

Sep 24, 2018, 1:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 24, 2018, 2:21 PM

After the crap I had to endure from GC fans, who were otherwise civil, during the five streak I wish nothing but bad outcomes for the chickens.

Clemson needs to absolutely destroy any hope of their fans to not lose their own five come November.

Go Tigers ??!!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic