Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know it’s a good problem to have but if you’re Dabo . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I know it’s a good problem to have but if you’re Dabo . . .

May 8, 2020, 10:12 AM

How do you give enough touches to all our ridiculous talent. As someone else mentioned, you have ETN, LJD, Mellusi, Demarckus Bowman coming in. So you think we have to run more, but . . . Not So Fast My Friend . . . as Lee Corso would say.

You have what is likely our best arm talent ever and a stout platoon of wide receivers. The only answer is to hang 80 on errbody. My guess is TP and at least one running back transfers after this year. Which will suck but cost of being elite I guess. Dang I hope we play a normal season. Our offense should be NASTY!

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you go through the history of this Clemson offense...

May 8, 2020, 10:22 AM

[no, not Chad Morris' offense] you'll see that it changes only a few points in run-pass break down, most likely driven by how the defense plays.

In 2015, WGJr. & DW4 ran wild, you see that drop some in 2016 as defenses walk down safeties, run more bearesque-multi-in-box, did what they could to limit the ground game.

Clemson is a ~50/50 offense; it's what the Tigers do. We're talking ~80 plays a game on offense, if CU is made one dimensional, Houston, we has a problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you go through the history of this Clemson offense...

May 8, 2020, 10:25 AM

Don't like bringing this up but if we lose Trevor for any period of time, we won't be hanging 80 on anyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

80 plays? And don't sell McClure short...

May 8, 2020, 10:27 AM

he's 6'1" 200, would dominate cutigerbob® in the paint.

[hope you knocked wood]

Re: 80 plays? And don't sell McClure short...

May 8, 2020, 10:46 AM

MfOjr. can hang 80 on cutigerbob®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bob's not going to like this...***

May 8, 2020, 10:49 AM

Re: Hangin’ 80 . . .

May 8, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: 80 plays? And don't sell McClure short... ]

. . . the word from all the young girls is that MyFO Jr is hung, but ...

... or, wait... would that mean bob is hung?

G’mornin’ MyFO!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Hangin’ 80 . . .

May 8, 2020, 11:19 AM

good morning Uncle Bill. Good to see you posting again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, where you been Uncle Bill?

May 8, 2020, 11:30 AM

Hope you’ve beeen doing ok and just took a break from MyFO and the rest of the RAG’s nonsense for awhile.

I thought you were the President of RAG or POTRAG?

May 8, 2020, 12:16 PM

List of RAG members please.

^^^The HBIC is not gonna like this***

May 8, 2020, 1:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I thought her tenure was up.***

May 8, 2020, 3:13 PM

Unless you heard it from her, I'd delete your post...***

May 8, 2020, 3:16 PM

May 8, 2020, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: If you go through the history of this Clemson offense... ]

We have two very talented backups that can make this offense hum plus we have a defense that should get better every minute they play this season.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 8, 2020, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: If you go through the history of this Clemson offense... ]

You never know. We have some nice talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: If you go through the history of this Clemson offense... ]

So DJ is not all that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point about our offense being 50/50 and it will be.

May 8, 2020, 11:20 AM [ in reply to If you go through the history of this Clemson offense... ]

But 50% of 80 is 40 and 50% of 40 is 20 if I did my maths write

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like...

May 8, 2020, 11:29 AM

and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Re: I know it’s a good problem to have but if you’re Dabo . . .

May 8, 2020, 1:31 PM

There is a positive to having so many talented RB’s and WR’s as well as other players such as OL, DL and defensive LB’s and Backs. It’s possible they can be used in other positions or if someone eventually transfers out many I believe came to Clemson knowing that there would be talented players that they would have to compete very hard against to earn playing time. Dabo makes this clear during the recruiting process. But still they choose Clemson. One of the positives is that many of the best talent is willing to come to Clemson and compete against some of the best talent in the country. And the ones who have or may transfer out I believe most have graduated or will graduate from Clemson before leaving. Those players who have transferred out have had little to nothing negative to say about Dabo and his staff or about Clemson.

To put coot and bama critic’s in their place if Clemson was cheating I am quite sure one of the transfers would have leaked something out to some media source.

I feel bad for those kids that work very hard but get less playing time, but that is how life is. I admire these kids for coming to Clemson to compete against the best and get an education. IMO many of the players come to Clemson for other reasons than football.

We can be proud that those who come to Clemson as boy and even though some leave early, they leave as men. Good men that represent Clemson with much character and Class.

You can see that by the number of former Clemson players giving back to their communities or to other communities in need. Most all former Clemson players have also been very successful and have stayed out of trouble. There have been a few situations that have been disappointing. Overall though we should be very proud of our University Officials, all of the Coaches , other’s who work on the AD and our student body for the way they have represented the Clemson Family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice post! I agree!***

May 8, 2020, 11:05 PM

We'll have enough defensive depth to tempo people this year.

May 8, 2020, 2:52 PM

Won't completely solve the touches problems, but should help. Plus, the overall skill position talent at Clemson this year should allow us to spread people out better and exploit what they allow instead of force feeding Tee.

We haven't had 80 plays per since 2016, KB2 one year, far more

May 8, 2020, 3:02 PM

explosive the rest.

If CU stays as explosive, it won't matter; crazy number of chunk plays under Trevor.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2019/leader/national/team/offense/split01/category30/sort02.html

Re: We haven't had 80 plays per since 2016, KB2 one year, far more

May 9, 2020, 1:19 AM

Clemson's 2nd string could beat most teams!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic