Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just watched Bama's games vs LSU, Miss St, and Auburn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I just watched Bama's games vs LSU, Miss St, and Auburn

Dec 6, 2017, 11:54 PM

Their OL is not elite. The run block ok, they are big and strong, but not quick. Blitzes get by them a lot, and they miss more blocks on running plays when they pull.

I think they will have a really hard time scoring.

It remains to be seen if their defense will be better with LB's returning from injury. But the only elite DL I see is #94.

If we are sharp, I don't think they can beat us. Our offense schematically is similar to Miss St and Auburn, but we have more overall talent than them at WR.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just watched BAMA vs. LSU.....Partner, Ferrell is going to

Dec 7, 2017, 1:27 AM

eat 73's lunch. Bama's only hope is that the refs let him tackle Ferrell like he did the LSU DE all night. I must have counted at least 4 holds/tackles he made that were not called. I also thought the Guice...as good as he is, missed several opportunities. He just looked like he was missing the hole. I think we are going to run the ball well against'em. Hope I am right.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just watched BAMA vs. LSU.....Partner, Ferrell is going to

Dec 7, 2017, 1:31 AM

I don't want to beat them because of the refs but man it would be hilarious to see a Big 10 crew just giving Bama the business.

After their tight end TACKLED O'daniel last year on their

Dec 7, 2017, 11:09 PM

first TD with no call from a ref looking dead at it, I don't care how bad they get hosed.

Agree on Guice, he didn't have much vision

Dec 7, 2017, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Just watched BAMA vs. LSU.....Partner, Ferrell is going to ]

And if LSU WR's could catch a cold they would have kept up with scoring. They got behind the secondary a few times.

Bama just doesn't look like a great team when they played decent competition, which aTm, Miss St, and LSU are, just decent. Looked bad against Auburn, which is the closest to us talent-wise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just watched Bama's games vs LSU, Miss St, and Auburn

Dec 8, 2017, 12:16 AM

I agree with most of your comments but I really think we’re going to see a different bama team than what we seen of them all year. We have a very similar offense this year to Bama. kB needs to really work on getting his release to the wr screens much quicker and then give our wrs time to make a play. Can we sustain drives and score td’s in the rz.

Could be a lot like our awburn game this year. kB can get some explosive plays but our ol has to play lights out and kB stay in the pocket instead of running out of it and into the rush... a lot like hurst does.

Score quick like we did Miami. Then pound them with the run.

Our cb have to play lights out and tight coverage. Awburn did and jalen had trouble pulling the trigger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Against Miss State or was it LSU, Bama did nothing on

Dec 8, 2017, 4:36 PM

offense and then BAM....Riddley busted two big plays. My biggest concern is our safeties. #23 and #12 cannot bust a coverage. If they don't and we don't turn the ball over, I see this being a solid win over Bama. The last two times have taken 10 years off my life....each! I will be 60 in April....Another one like last year and I'm done in 5 years. My grandfather only made it to 95....

Dec 8, 2017, 4:52 AM

I did too.

I think our teams are very similar to be honest. It's going to be a play or two that is going to make the difference.

We can not turn the ball over. I think we'll be able to run on them a little bit and I hope we install some wildcat over the break. Their defense really seems to struggle with that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2017, 6:37 AM

I think we are going to change things up this go around. We are going to jump on them early and watch them fold up an go home. It’s just our year!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2017, 2:42 AM [ in reply to Re: I just watched Bama's games vs LSU, Miss St, and Auburn ]

There are more than a few similarities between the two teams. No matter if we think they belong or not, have we ever seen a Sabam team that was unprepared or undisciplined when given this much time to prepare? I am proud of our boys win or lose, but I'm sure not taking Bama for granted.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2017, 4:56 PM

#9 Hand has become a dang good player IMO

Dec 8, 2017, 5:20 PM

Yea when he’s not getting DUIs

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 8, 2017, 7:32 PM

Dewy or not we are going to have to chip him some off the edge.

Dec 8, 2017, 4:56 PM

#9 Hand has become a dang good player IMO

Dec 8, 2017, 6:20 PM

We win by 20

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2017, 6:53 PM

One of the talking heads brought up the same point about Bama's OL. He said Hurts was often "on the run" due to lack of protection, and (paraphrasing) hasn't been able to do much with his arm. IMO, as with the other games this season, it's not about the opponent. It's about Clemson. Bama is a good team. With help from Clemson they could beat us. However, I agree with you that that won't happen if we are sharp. Assuming that defensively, we are able to stop the run, and force Hurts to throw, then I like our chances if we don't turn the ball over and don't allow them offensive explosive plays.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

We just need to prevent the huge TD plays. Bama had trouble sustaining

Dec 8, 2017, 7:12 PM

drives against us in both title games. They scored most of their TDs on huge plays.

I think we are less prone to giving those up this year than in previous years, and Bama also seems to have fewer weapons to generate big plays.

Hoping we can hold them under 20 because I do think we will struggle to score on their D as well.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic