Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just posted this on an FSU board.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

I just posted this on an FSU board.

Jun 3, 2020, 9:15 AM

3 years ago an assistant football coach at Clemson heard two black players in a heated argument on the practice field. One of them used the N word. The coach went over and in an attempt to point out that language was unacceptable he used the N word. Everyone agrees that he did not direct that word at any specific player. He was using it as a teaching moment. After practice he apologized to the player, and to the entire position group.

Now, Dabo and the coach are being labeled as racists. Dabo is being called a hypocrite for claiming to be a Christian and allowing this word to be used. ESPN is blasting him for his politically incorrect positions on players taking a knee, on being opposed to paying players and for his insensitivity toward African-Americans.

On the other hand, coaches like Jimbo Fisher and Nick Saban and Kirby Smart can get in a kids face and call him a G-D M-F B and that is ignored as just being part of the "football culture" and no player should take offense when they are called those things.

Dabo is now in the position that Bobby was in in the 1990s. He is a highly successful coach who openly professes his relationship to Jesus Christ. The world will look for every opportunity to attack him and bring him down. They will misrepresent, misinterpret and just flat out lie about him in an effort to destroy not only his career, but his life.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just posted this on an FSU board.

Jun 3, 2020, 9:23 AM

Appreciate you clarifying what happened and taking up for Dabo on the FSU board. You have posted some good stuff on our board too. Thanks!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. The world is just waiting to find something on

Jun 3, 2020, 9:43 AM

Dabo and run with it. The amazing thing is that they are having a hard time finding something that will stick to him. Dabo is one of the most open, honest and loving people I've ever witnessed in the public eye. But rest assured, they are waiting to pounce on him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. The world is just waiting to find something on

Jun 3, 2020, 9:55 AM

Dabo is a Christian, not just a person who calls himself a Christian. He is a man who has submitted his life to the Lordship of Christ and recognizes he is a sinner saved by grace. His motivation for living is to serve Christ in everything he does.

The world hates that and will attack that at every opportunity.

“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

Dabo is not surprised by the attacks. He expects them.

Lol. Is that true about ESPN blasting him?

Jun 3, 2020, 9:50 AM

I tell you...turn on that network when your team is playing...and maybe Gameday. After that, it’s worthless.

null

The only time I ever watch espn is college football. Other

Jun 3, 2020, 10:29 AM

than that, I have no use for the program. They are alienating themselves from the population with biased opinions. And that is my unbiased opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol. Is that true about ESPN blasting him?

Jun 3, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Lol. Is that true about ESPN blasting him? ]

Thanks BretClem!

Jun 3, 2020, 9:51 AM

Great perspective.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great stuff Bret . . . . you have a link to the ramblings

Jun 3, 2020, 9:54 AM

about Dabo & all this ? I guess I have missed it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Great stuff Bret . . . . you have a link to the ramblings

Jun 3, 2020, 10:04 AM

I normally go for a walk every morning. Try to get 4 or 5 miles in. My normal routine is to listen to Golic and Wingo. Now, during the quarantine (and since I'm retired) I listen to Get Up most mornings.

Many times in the past week I've changed radio stations because I get tired of the ramblings and rhetoric on the radio. Yesterday and today Golic and Wingo talked about how "weak" Dabo's statement was. Same with Get Up. Normally, I just change channels.

But, today, I sat here and listened to Greenberg and three other folks on his panel who were ripping Vic Fangio for his comments and then they switched to Dabo and the incident with the assistant coach. I heard a 10 minute diatribe about how it was time for Dabo to step and do do something, not just "hide behind" his Christianity. "You can say whatever you want, but I'm sure if Jesus was on that practice field he wouldn't have allowed a coach to use the N-word." They also attacked Dabo for not having enough black coaches on his staff. One guy implied that his staff was all white. Laura Rutledge corrected him and said that Dabo does have black coaches. The reply was, "Well, he should have more."

45% of Dabo's primary coaches are minorities

Jun 3, 2020, 11:55 AM

And Dabo doesn't even use 'race' as criteria determining who to hire. He hires the best coach for the best role that can best connect with the athletes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Great stuff Bret . . . . you have a link to the ramblings ]

bretfsu said:

I normally go for a walk every morning. Try to get 4 or 5 miles in. My normal routine is to listen to Golic and Wingo. Now, during the quarantine (and since I'm retired) I listen to Get Up most mornings.

Many times in the past week I've changed radio stations because I get tired of the ramblings and rhetoric on the radio. Yesterday and today Golic and Wingo talked about how "weak" Dabo's statement was. Same with Get Up. Normally, I just change channels.

But, today, I sat here and listened to Greenberg and three other folks on his panel who were ripping Vic Fangio for his comments and then they switched to Dabo and the incident with the assistant coach. I heard a 10 minute diatribe about how it was time for Dabo to step and do do something, not just "hide behind" his Christianity. "You can say whatever you want, but I'm sure if Jesus was on that practice field he wouldn't have allowed a coach to use the N-word." They also attacked Dabo for not having enough black coaches on his staff. One guy implied that his staff was all white. Laura Rutledge corrected him and said that Dabo does have black coaches. The reply was, "Well, he should have more."

The player at the center of the story’s own Father is a coach at Clemson

Jun 3, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Great stuff Bret . . . . you have a link to the ramblings ]

I watched that while I was at the gym. Fbaum couldn’t believe that Pearman didn’t personally answer his text with a comment. And then jalen rose came on and rambled about everything from the last ten years. OT point, there were more whites killed by police than blacks in 2019. Washington post. Look it up.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Great stuff Bret . . . . you have a link to the ramblings ]

I watched that while I was at the gym. Fbaum couldn’t believe that Pearman didn’t personally answer his text with a comment. And then jalen rose came on and rambled about everything from the last ten years. OT point, there were more whites killed by police than blacks in 2019. Washington post. Look it up.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet there were more blacks killed per capita

Jun 3, 2020, 1:39 PM

Please do not pick and choose the facts and figures you want. You have to look at all the data.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/29/heres-why-we-dont-see-protests-when-police-unjustly-kill-white-people/

Re: And yet there were more blacks killed per capita

Jun 4, 2020, 12:17 AM

Good grief. I'm glad we have experts on all black people and all white people and what they can and can't do. This world has gone to hell .

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 9:54 AM

Thank you, Bret

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I'd be interested to hear the responses to your post, don't

Jun 3, 2020, 10:02 AM

think that many of your fellow Seminoles have the same perspective. Always enjoy your posts.

Re: I'd be interested to hear the responses to your post, don't

Jun 3, 2020, 10:11 AM

I post on a small private board (membership by invitation only) of FSU fans. I don't post on the big boards, like Warchant.

Most of the guys on the board are much more reasonable than the "typical" fan who has keyboard courage. (I can think of one UGA and one LSU fan who posts on this board that I would classify as being afflicted with keyboard courage.)

Most of the guys on our board do not like Clemson. But, they respect Clemson and they respect Dabo. A common comment made is one of in reference to "getting back to the level Clemson is now." "Remember when people looked at us they way they look at Clemson now?"

We do not look at Clemson the way we look at Florida or Miami. It is a combination of respect and jealousy.

too much "bret love" on here this AM!

Jun 3, 2020, 10:29 AM

LOL, just kidding.

I don't like FSU, but we need FSU to be a nationally competitive team again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Bret. You are one of the best opponent fans here***

Jun 3, 2020, 10:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jun 3, 2020, 10:58 AM

I don't disagree with any point you've made about Dabo. However, how do you know Saban, Fisher, and Smart curse out their players? Got a link with sound? Not just a youtube clip of a coach yelling in a player's face, you can find every coach doing that. But one in which the coach is actually cursing and calling the player names. Is it possible to speak your mind about Dabo without disparaging other coaches? (the exact same thing you seem to object which is happening to Dabo)

Jun 3, 2020, 11:37 AM

Kirby 1st-2nd

Kirby in the 3rd

Kirby 4th

Jun 3, 2020, 12:09 PM

I guess I could reply with the video of Dabo screaming at his punter like a lunatic, but you'd frame it as an example of all that is good and wholesome.

You sick, sad little mutt, AFDAWG

Jun 3, 2020, 12:17 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no wonder you were an airman, you candy aZZZZ

Jun 3, 2020, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I just posted this on an FSU board. ]

poosay

How many times has Kirby apologized for language?

Jun 3, 2020, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: I just posted this on an FSU board. ]

I bet he had some choice language after the failed fake punt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reasonable question.

Jun 3, 2020, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I just posted this on an FSU board. ]

No, I don't. I just used those three coaches as "generic examples." When Jimbo was at FSU it was common knowledge that he had no problem cursing at a player. His OL coach, Rick Trickett, was also well known as "a former Marine who brought the Marine vocabulary with him into coaching." Kirby Smart and Nick Saban are also known to have a "certain" vocabulary on the field.

But, you are correct. I don't have audio evidence of them actually using that language in front of the players.

My point is, it is considered acceptable to use certain words that are clearly offensive to some people, and they just need to learn to not be offended by it. But, other words are taboo.

Jun 3, 2020, 11:58 AM

Unfortunately, too many "journalists" and "talking heads" can't conceive of anyone having a legitimate opinion that differs from their own. Rather than resorting to facts, their comments are driven by an agenda. Long ago I came to the conclusion that my "Happy Hour" would occur when I turned off the radio. And it's been very rewarding.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 12:37 PM

nice post Bret.

Jun 3, 2020, 1:05 PM

I’m just curious do you think Jalen Rose isn’t a Christian?

I doubt the issue is the Christianity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

An FSU fan point-hoing on a Clemson board? Wow!

Jun 3, 2020, 1:05 PM

Just kidding.

Very well-written post. Thanks!

+1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 3, 2020, 2:34 PM

Agree with your comments on Dabo. He is the reason I became a Clemson football fan. He is the kind of guy certain anti-Christian members of the media will continue to undermine every chance they get.

I doubt you meant to connect them, but it's too bad you mentioned Vic Fangio in an earlier post leading into comments on Dabo.

Jun 3, 2020, 3:20 PM

Thank you for posting this!!

Jun 3, 2020, 3:37 PM

He is a good Christian man who is not only a role model for his players but a true friend to them......he tells the media the truth and then they spend that around and lie about him in every way they possibly can to destroy his reputation..........but his players know what and who he truly is.......that is why his players love him and the media hates him......Dabo stands for everything they stand against.......Christian values, family values, honesty, and be the best person and athlete you can be......Go Tigers!!!!

Among the many Christian values he teaches....

Jun 3, 2020, 3:54 PM

....his players is to grow into responsible adults, not succumb to those who want you to submit to the "victim mentality."

He tries to teach them how to rise above their circumstances, not live under them.

There is a song, sung by Dallas Holm about 30 years ago that includes the line, "Now, Satan is a liar and he wants to make you think that you're a pauper when he knows himself you are children of the King."

That is not the message the world wants to be taught.

another excellent point, well said Brett***

Jun 3, 2020, 5:03 PM

thanks Brett, you're the most level headed poster that's not

Jun 3, 2020, 4:04 PM

a Clemson fan on this site. nicely done sir

I keep telling him to come out of that closet . . .

Jun 3, 2020, 9:54 PM

He'd make a great Clemson Man!!!

Thanks for standing for our Coach . . . Tip of the Cap to you Sir!!!!!!!

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic