Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope everyone is happy now.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

I hope everyone is happy now.

Nov 20, 2017, 6:46 PM

Before I say what I want to say I want to say that I see no reason to start HJ over KB. Now that that's said I'll say what I want to say.

KB's ankle seems to be a little better but his distance control is still suffering a bit on those long bombs. The deep passes against Citadel could have been picked, and some would have against better defenses. Don't be fooled by our WRs, they were the Allstate Goodhands Guys. Most of those long ball catches were as much or more on them than KB.

It wasn't the deep passes that makes me think that ankle is better it was the rockets on a frozen rope to laterally moving targets. When a QB has a bad mechanical component he tends to rely on other throwing components to compensate. Either that ankle is better or he's getting really good at compensating with his release point or arm slot.

The ankle may heal a bit more during the time between the ACCCCG and the Playoff but I doubt we'll see that many deep balls against Scar. It's not as if our running game won't pound them into the ground and one or two deep attempts each quarter will be pure torture for them considering how good our WRs are.

Anyway, I'm glad KB shut the dumpers up for now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope everyone is happy now.

Nov 20, 2017, 8:56 PM

I’ll give you a TU for a well constructive analysis. But for the ankle, I don’t think it ever hurt kb on the long ball. He’s never thrown a good deep ball. Everything he completed deep is back shoulder or the wr was open enough he could come back and grab it.

Just don’t understand why you people call everyone a dumper for saying something about kb not being able to throw. His actual yardage per completed pass would probably be 3-4 yards at best... because so many are lateral or behind los. He’ll make a 4 yrd pass that our awesome wrs turn into 10-15 yrds.

I said it before the season and say it now, I wish HJ was our starting qb. If he was. Our offense would look like the last 3 yrs. doesn’t mean I hate Dabo or kb or a coot, nor does it mean I’m not elated where we’re at and it doesn’t mean that i don’t support the Tigers as much as the next person. IMO Dabo should put HJ in at anytime in any game when our offense stalls.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2017, 8:59 PM

Deshaun's last pass as a Tiger was only two yards. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2017, 11:15 PM

Cute. See what you did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But KB is our best offensive weapon....running the ball.

Nov 20, 2017, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope everyone is happy now. ]

Plus his running ability opens things up for the RBs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His running game opens up lanes for passing the ball too.

Nov 20, 2017, 11:37 PM

At the risk of sounding like I'm dumping on HJ he doesn't seem to be able to handle the option very well. I don't know, maybe the playcallers aren't calling his number or allowing him to really read anything. Maybe they just call pure passing or handoffs when he's in the game.

With him and TL being such great pocket guys I have wondered if we we're departing from a true dual threat game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His running game opens up lanes for passing the ball too.

Nov 20, 2017, 11:47 PM

+1. Otherwise no need to recruit that way. .. and I hope they are. I still think it’ll be a hybrid rpo offense but feature more run with backs and limited qb runs. Kinda like they did with DW4 last half of the year.

Mostly because he was hurt but they made it work.

I think a team evolves over the course of a season.

Nov 21, 2017, 12:03 AM

Our coaches, imo, have always been willing to optimize the talent they have on the field. Opponent's defenses change game to game according to the offense they are facing but it's more than that with our offense.

Of course the playcalling targets weak spots or positions on the opponent's defenses but as skill is developed and experience is gained by the individuals they seem to play a more important role. Remember, these are young players relative to teams which are loaded with Jr and Sr.

If someone shows they are developing the coaches respect and reward their achievements. 'HJ moved up on the depth chart,' is a good example.

Re: But KB is our best offensive weapon....running the ball.

Nov 20, 2017, 11:39 PM [ in reply to But KB is our best offensive weapon....running the ball. ]

True because that’s the way the offense has been implemented this year. By design.

Obviously I don’t know but can only surmise that Dabo wanted kB to be the qb this year so his coaches designed an offense that would give kb the best chance to win. Hence all the preseason coach speak was kelly gives us the best chance to win.

I’m not saying that’s wrong and you certainly can’t change that now. Wouldn’t advocate that at all. All I was really saying is I would have been happy had Dabo and coaches had kept the similar offense of the last few years and then started the best qb that could run that offense. IMO they would have had to eval HJ as that qb.

That offense was a hangover from last season.

Nov 21, 2017, 12:11 AM

KB fit into the scheme we've been running for nearly a decade now. Tajh ran it, DW ran it and now KB is running it. I think the main reason KB starts is because his style and command of the playbook which makes him our best option at this point.

I explained in detail several times the impact a ...

Nov 20, 2017, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope everyone is happy now. ]

hurt ankle or other damaged mechanical factors change a throw. I'll be delighted to go through the technical details if you want.

I call those who challenge this particular coaching decision 'dumpers,' because without sufficient evidence to support their claims or substantial understanding of coaching explanations they have their minds made up.

Dabo suggested HJ didn't have command of the offense. I speculated that was one of the reasons he didn't start but had no evidence except observation until Dabo made the comment. If he's not ready now he probably hasn't previously been ready.

Where are you getting this news about KB's ankle?***

Nov 21, 2017, 12:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watching the progress of his recovery by...

Nov 21, 2017, 12:30 AM

evaluating his deep passes and those to targets moving laterally.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic