Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have supported our governor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I have supported our governor

Jun 22, 2015, 5:48 PM

She has done a great job so far....

Put this is ridiculous. She has completely buckled under " trying to be politically correct ".

What happen in Charleston is awful and I hurt for those people. But this kid does NOT represent the white race. He is a lunatic! He WILL answer for the things he has done.

The confederate flag did NOT kill those people. HE DID! That flag doesn't represent people like him. Again, I hurt for those people, I really do. But this removal of the confederate flag is nothing but people with agendas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have supported our governor

Jun 22, 2015, 7:00 PM

Absofracinglutely

i admire her. Wish she had done it before

Jun 22, 2015, 7:09 PM

The shooting and then I would completely admire her. That flag is like the swastika - perverted past it's potential good meaning into an instrument of hate. Should have never flown over our state to start with.
Signed,
Over 50 year old white SC born and bred republican conservative.

Unfortunately, the flag now absolutely symbolizes that punk and ideology

Jun 22, 2015, 7:12 PM

for most people. You don't have to be one, and it doesn't mean it is true for everyone, but most people associate the flag with division.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

This is all about the furtherance of her political career

Jun 22, 2015, 7:32 PM

That's all that it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is all about the furtherance of her political career

Jun 22, 2015, 7:55 PM

This is the most logical post that I have seen on this subject. If anyone on this board thinks that you ever hear a personal opinion out of a politician, you are living in a past older than the Civil War. These people all say and do what they are instructed to say and do and not one single utterance is made without a political plan. Haley is absolutely correct for taking this stand. She wins with those that want the flag down, but has zero power to decide one way or the other. If it stays she tried, if it comes down, she can look like a modern governor hero. Either way, it ain't her call, so she can take credit, but no blame. A perfect political move.

P,S., I said ain't so you will know where I stand.

Key word "modern"...What else would anyone prefer?***

Jun 23, 2015, 2:59 AM

Bingo***

Jun 22, 2015, 7:56 PM [ in reply to This is all about the furtherance of her political career ]

That's true, but doing the right thing, if even for the

Jun 22, 2015, 9:23 PM [ in reply to This is all about the furtherance of her political career ]

wrong reasons, is still the correct path to take.

Much as I dislike the way she has run this state without regard for what is best for the people of this state and instead choosing what is in her on political self interest, she deserves credit for this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who's political career would go anywhere thinking the Rebel

Jun 23, 2015, 2:58 AM [ in reply to This is all about the furtherance of her political career ]

Flag is a good thing?

Jun 22, 2015, 7:48 PM

I have changed my mind. After the Charleston murders, I too believe the time has come for the confederate flag to be removed from the grounds of our State House. The flag did not take the lives of the shooting victims but my hope is that removal of the flag will be a good will
gesture for race relations in SC.

Jun 22, 2015, 8:31 PM

The flag may not have killed those people, but people that are proponents of such actions have adopted icons such as the Confederate Flags as "theirs". So whether you like it or not, you are associated with such monsters. Prior to WWII, the Swastika was known only as a sacred symbol in Asian religions. Now it obviously is represented by something very sinister. Try as you might, the reset of the country is looking at the flag and don't care what it might represent to you. Its representation across the country is far, far different for many different reasons.

Why are people so adamant about having this flag on the grounds anyway? If what I have been told is true, the only reason it was there was to try to take a stance against Civil Rights. If that is in fact true, do you really want that to be why you need that flag on the grounds of the State House?

Jun 22, 2015, 8:32 PM

Meant to include that I believe the flag was only added to the grounds in the 1960s, during the Civil Rights movement.

Jun 22, 2015, 9:14 PM

The Swastika didn't kill anyone, but I bet you won't fly one of those at your house either. Or I could be wrong about you.

Funny how when a white guy kills a group of innocent black people he's not racist, he's crazy. How does that work again?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2015, 9:43 PM

I said this in another thread, but these "oh he's crazy, not racist!" people remind me of President Merkin Muffley from Dr.Strangelove trying to explain why things went wrong to the Soviet Premier. (pretty much just the time between 1:40 and 1:55)

https://youtu.be/t9NpxVfKFh8?t=1m40s

Jun 22, 2015, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I have supported our governor ]

Let me start off by saying I don't really care for the flag to be flying or not be flying it isn't going to bother me. The fact of the matter for the flag is that for some people, they do view it as being a racist thing. However, some people view it as a heritage thing that has no ties to racism. If you truly know the history of the flag and the civil war then yiu would know it wasn't just about slavery.

People are labeling it racist but take a look at the NAACP, NABHOOD, BIG, BCA, and NBA for example. Someone can very well look at these and say, well those are racist organizations. They may or may not be right but looking from the outside you could very well say they are. If there were organizations labeled as "white" organizations they would immediately be called racist.

If we are going to start labeling this and that as racist then why doesn't it happen on both sides? We should take away and put a stop to any organization that is primarily for a certain race, whether asian, south american, african, european, or wherever.

racist and crazy go hand in hand here***

Jun 23, 2015, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: I have supported our governor ]

And the flag doesn't represent South Carolinians.

Jun 22, 2015, 9:28 PM

Governor Haley did the right thing. The stupid debate over this flag has cost our state millions of dollars, and has reflected poorly on our state. I don't think it's fair, but it is reality. It's time for people to bury their love of a relic from 150 years ago and do what's best for our state moving forward.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

My question is when can we bring the ACC baseball

Jun 22, 2015, 9:50 PM

tourney back to Greenville once the flag is removed?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a flag of cowardice and abomination at this point,

Jun 22, 2015, 9:58 PM

And a dishonor to the men, including my great-great grandfather who fought under it. Simple farmers who were not wealthy land owners or slave holders but tillers of the land dependent upon the providence of God. Men who were misled by the political rhetoric of the powerful and greedy and volunteered to defend what they were wrongly told would be the loss of their homes. To hell with southern heritage, I choose to love God and love my neighbor, to embrace my black brothers and sisters and believe in the supremacy of love. Go tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing how fast you turn on her over a flag.***

Jun 22, 2015, 10:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with rumblings that she may run for pres one day..

Jun 23, 2015, 2:16 AM

its nothing more than politics to her..meanwhile the real issues for why the moron did what he did will never be addressed.

Jun 23, 2015, 6:46 AM

>That flag doesn't represent people like him.

Maybe there was a time it didn't.

In this century, it definitely does.

"The flag doesn't represent people like him"

Jun 23, 2015, 8:40 AM

The killer was a racist who wanted to "shoot up some black people"

The flag represents a time and place in America that condoned mistreatment and enslavement of black people

Tell me again how the flag doesn't represent people who think like him?

Re: "The flag doesn't represent people like him"

Jun 23, 2015, 9:09 AM

Well said CU2013. For those who will respond by suggesting that the Civil War was not about slavery, I suggest they read the words of Alexander Stephens, Vice President of the Confederate States, referring to the confederate constitution.

"The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. THIS WAS THE IMMEDIATE CAUSE OF THE LATE RUPTURE AND PRESENT REVOLUTION. (Emphasis added). Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away... Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."

> The killer was a racist who wanted to "shoot up some
> black people"
>
> The flag represents a time and place in America that
> condoned mistreatment and enslavement of black
> people
>
> Tell me again how the flag doesn't represent people
> who think like him?

agree!!***

Jun 23, 2015, 9:28 AM