Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have no idea if we are going to make the NCAA tournament
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I have no idea if we are going to make the NCAA tournament

Feb 10, 2019, 5:13 PM

nor would I know which teams we should want to lose in order for this to happen. But I do know that I can rely on all of you to post your opinions on the matter.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have no idea if we are going to make the NCAA tournament

Feb 10, 2019, 5:19 PM

I think if we continue with this streak we will make the tournament but if we don’t we might not. I don’t always know about basketball but I feel like I have all the answers here.

If you ever get in a jam about not knowing balm I can always ask my wife she always has all the right answers.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 10, 2019, 5:19 PM

Why not I’ll post mine. The NC State game hurt us more than any other loss. Despite their slide it would have been a quality road win and given us a buffer. I think we have to win the no brainer games left on schedule and get a quality win along the way. Couple that with 1 ACC tourney win and I think that a enough to get in. The FSU game looms large although not on the road think it could be make or break for us. Also I believe it helps that we are playing our best ball right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 5:33 PM

I’m really worried about scoring though. Seems like it’s either Mitchell or Reed scoring most and everyone else chipping in a little bit. If Simms and Thomas could say out of foul trouble I think that would help win an extra game. Man I wish I could see Simms and Thomas play major minutes together. ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 9:08 AM

We can drop 2 maybe 3, just depends on the opponent/circumstances. The only way I see us not having to win an ACC tournament game is if we win out or lose 1 game the rest of the season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 5:22 PM

I'm sure we will make it. Unless we dont

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 5:25 PM

The one thing I can tell you with certainty is if we win out, we'll be champs in football and basketball. It's only unthinkable if you don't think it.

Feb 10, 2019, 5:29 PM

I really hope Clemson makes it to the dance. If no then I probably won’t watch. I do think the team could squeak out 5 more wins during the regular season and another 1 maybe 2 in the ACC tourney. ???? I think that would be enough to get an invite.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 5:34 PM

I really think we make the tournament if we outscore most of the teams left on our schedule. Hope that helps.

Feb 10, 2019, 5:36 PM

Just my opinion, but at 15-8,5-5 in the ACC we probably need to get to 20 wins. All of our remaining games are in conference so we would need to win 5 of the 8 to get to 20, but of course getting 21 or 22 would be better. After that, I think getting to the quarters of the ACC Tournament would also do it.
In the past, a 20 win season would guarantee a tournament bid, but you never know nowadays!

Feb 10, 2019, 5:59 PM

I think that you are right lefty. Five wins and one tourney win will likely do it but I hope that we can do better! It doesn’t matter where the scoring comes from. It all counts and the two guards are our likely scorers. Teams are guarding Thomas closely now that he has established his presence on the court and are forcing the Tigers to hit from the outside. I watched the Duke game and practically all their scoring came from the freshmen so a couple of scorers can carry a team .. if needed. Coach is doing a good job getting some bench guys in at key times. That may pay off as we get deeper into the season. You can see the improvement in White and Jemison.

You lost me at “I have no idea”***

Feb 10, 2019, 6:04 PM

Re: You lost me at “I have no idea”***

Feb 11, 2019, 7:38 AM

I’m not surprised

Should schedule a scrimmage vs. Wofford - seeing as that

Feb 10, 2019, 6:09 PM

be the likely match up in the Sweet 16...?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 7:15 PM

We want everyone else we play to lose to us . I feel certain about that .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 11, 2019, 8:54 AM

?? I’ve always heard it’s good to lose a game here and there so the team doesn’t get too cocky.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:36 AM

I don't know much about BBall, but I do know that we will be having a similar conversation next year, and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that, ...

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic