Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have a question about admissions to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

I have a question about admissions to Clemson

Jul 11, 2016, 12:14 PM
image.jpeg(77.9 K)

I thought many of you might have far more experience in this matter than me and you might have an option. Although I might just be asking a dumb question, not sure.

I have enclosed a letter My son received from Clemson Saturday. I covered up his name fir privacy but in any case he really loves Clemson and wants to go. He has always been a good student. He took the SAT in the 7th grade and scored higher than most college bound seniors and plans to retake it shortly. He took the ACT and I think he scored a 34/36. So I guess what I'm wondering is.. Is this letter just some standard college mail that doesn't mean much or is this really promising? I realize he still would need to apply to officially get accepted but does getting one of these bode well in most cases?

I know he was excited but I told him he hasn't gotten in yet so don't get lazy lol. Thanks in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have a question about admissions to Clemson

Jul 11, 2016, 12:18 PM

Congrats to you and your family on the accomplishment. From my experience this is basically saying unless we received false information or something drastic changes prior to acceptance your application is a formality. So your right don't get lazy but it really is an accomplishment to be recognized this early and should ease some of the stress of waiting for acceptance.

null

Jul 11, 2016, 12:20 PM

That's great. Thank you kindly for responding. Much appreciated.

Jul 11, 2016, 12:21 PM

That's great news! Congratulations to your son and to you for a great job raising him to be a Clemson man.

I received a very similar letter from them nearly 20 years ago now, and assuming it's still similar, I can tell you that it is something to be excited about. They only send the letters to whom they consider to be good prospects, in hopes that you will visit the campus and give them a shot. Not everyone receives it, and it should be considered "Accepted, unless there's a big red flag in the future".

So, to you: Celebrate. To your son, your advice was good: "You're not in yet, don't get lazy". Ha!

Jul 11, 2016, 12:23 PM

Thanks bud, that's good news. I know he will be happy to hear that it is a good sign.

Jul 11, 2016, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I have a question about admissions to Clemson ]

This speaks quite well of your job as parents, as well as, the accomplishments of your son. Hopefully it motivates even better academic outcomes this coming semester. Clemson has become a top notch institution which is hard to get into even on a legacy basis so you should feel very proud in this instance.

Go Tigers!

Jul 11, 2016, 12:24 PM

Sry for typos.... Option= opinion.

Jul 11, 2016, 12:28 PM

At least one of you might be a Tiger.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Yep I got the same thing. Congrats. Basically means he is in.

Jul 11, 2016, 12:31 PM

Unless his remaining school work just sucks or if he gets into legal trouble.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Yep I got the same thing. Congrats. Basically means he is in.

Jul 11, 2016, 12:35 PM

That's awesome. And don't worry, he isn't any trouble at all. Terrific kid. And his senior year is filled with fairly easy classes and lots of spare time . All the hard stuff he has already done. I'm real proud of him and I have two more boys wanting to go badly that are just a year behind him. All of them are toward the top of their classes and very well mannered. But I'm biased anyway. Lol

I'm really happy for him , I know that's all he talks about.

Does he know he has a coot for a parent?***

Jul 11, 2016, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Yep I got the same thing. Congrats. Basically means he is in. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Re: Does he know he has a coot for a parent?***

Jul 11, 2016, 12:38 PM

Lol I told u guys I'm not a USC fan! Lol I'm not even sure how u guys got that stuff in your heads. My dad went to Clemson and I lived right down the road in Seneca most of my life. Geez

Jul 11, 2016, 1:56 PM

Just the simple fact you called them "USC" makes people think you're a coot. Your posting history also gives it away, and it's really no question.

Jul 11, 2016, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Does he know he has a coot for a parent?*** ]

Good job, congrats to you and your son. Obviously a very bright kid who has worked very hard.

Oh, don't sweat the coot stuff. It really doesn't matter, and I don't care enough to research your post history, but I will say we have some posters who scream Coot if you dare to disagree with them. Then they get their circle jerk buddies to pile on with thumbs down to kill your pulse... and then later refer to your pulse as "proof" you're a coot. It's hilarious.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Jul 11, 2016, 12:35 PM

Congrats, from one Tiger to another! That's how I received word about my admission to Clemson. The application and acceptance should be a breeze and you may find more scholarship money is offered as well. He is essentially in, however.

That is great news!

Jul 11, 2016, 12:43 PM

Congratulations to you and your son. This is a great accomplishment. It sounds like Clemson is already off to a great start for the class of 2021!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Could End up in bridge program also.***

Jul 11, 2016, 1:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

95% chance he gets in ! Pretty awesome !***

Jul 11, 2016, 1:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2016, 1:39 PM

A provisional acceptance letter is absolutely worthy of excitement and celebration sir! Congratulations to your son for his efforts. As long as he stays the course and continues to do what he's been doing, he should find himself on Clemson's campus in no time. Cheers!

congrats to your son.***

Jul 11, 2016, 1:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2016, 1:52 PM

Congrats!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a provisional acceptance....

Jul 11, 2016, 2:10 PM

meaning he's in provided he continues to perform well academically.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It's a provisional acceptance....

Jul 11, 2016, 2:24 PM

Did your son decide to go ahead with the bridge program? I'm assuming it was your son you were talking about a while back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: It's a provisional acceptance....

Jul 11, 2016, 3:08 PM [ in reply to It's a provisional acceptance.... ]

Ty big!

No.

Jul 11, 2016, 2:15 PM

That letter is a huge deal.

Congrats.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

It's a big deal.

Jul 11, 2016, 2:22 PM

But his grades are still a factor. If he's average or below he'll probably have to go to another school for at least two semesters to prove he's had a change in attitude toward study.

Clemson protects it's graduation rate and overall GPR by selecting kids that aren't opposed to class and homework.

Teacher's recommendation might make a difference if he's borderline.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's basically in unless he screws up his grades

Jul 11, 2016, 2:31 PM

still has to apply but he'll be a shoo in if he follows his current trajectory.

With scores like that he'll also be in line for scholarships in addition to the state ones you're probably already expecting and have a really good shot at getting into the Calhoun Honors College.

Re: He's basically in unless he screws up his grades

Jul 11, 2016, 3:07 PM

That's awesome. Ty for the positive vibes. That's terrific!

Jul 11, 2016, 3:01 PM

Received a similar letter 27 years ago.

My letter like that was printed on a Gutenberg press and ...

Jul 11, 2016, 3:58 PM

read something like this "thank you for sending in the stone tablet with your qualifications for admission to Clemson A&M College. According to your the papyrus transcript provided by your school, you have achieved a strong "D" average and did not finish in the bottom 3% of your graduating class. Your extracurricular activities in the chariot racing club is very impressive and according to your police record, we see nothing more than several misdemeanors. Welcome to Clemson......have a safe boat ride up the Tugaloo."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic