Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate to admit it, but Paul Finebaum is right
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

I hate to admit it, but Paul Finebaum is right

Jun 26, 2019, 2:46 AM

The ACC is a clown show right now.

Normally I'd push back on such an assertation, but I'm a firm believer in expertise.

And if anyone, and I mean ANYONE, would know what a clown show looks like, it's Paul Finebaum.

I'd bet my life he watches his own show.

Edit:
To be clear since some people don't get sarcasm, I don't actually think he's right, I think he's an idiot.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to admit it, but Paul Finebaum is right

Jun 26, 2019, 3:00 AM

The point is, what is his point?
We kicked their champion up and down the field all night and then took a mercy knee at the end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 26, 2019, 3:01 AM

The point is selling a product to a four toothed Hill bill in Alabama

The ACC did better in bowls last year than the SEC

Jun 26, 2019, 3:56 AM

but basically they are somewhat even with the advantage going to the ACC of course.

Last 3 years

2018 6-5,6-6
2017 4-6,5-6
2016 9-3,6-7

total ACC 19-14, SEC 17-19

The SEC always schedules the weakest teams during the season to make their records look better, but they can't really do that during the bowl games so the truth always shines through.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACC did better in bowls last year than the SEC

Jun 26, 2019, 7:56 AM

From SouthernPigskin.com - Facts don’t match up ... maybe they do if you only look at “part” of the schedule.

Accept that Clemson has been NC two out of the past three years by beating Alabama and don’t make up untrue facts to try and make someone else look bad when your team already looks good ...

2019 strength of schedule rankings for every Power Five school.
1. South Carolina
2. USC
3. Stanford
4. Auburn
5. Michigan
6. LSU
7. Texas A&M
8. UCLA
9. Maryland
10. Iowa
11. Purdue
12. Ole Miss
13. Ohio State
14. Colorado
15. Georgia
16. Michigan State
17. West Virginia
18. Tennessee
19. Rutgers
20. Duke
21. Boston College
22. Northwestern
23. Georgia Tech
24. Notre Dame
25. Oregon State
26. Texas
27. Florida State
28. Wisconsin
29. Mississippi State
30. Arizona
31. Nebraska
32. Kansas
33. Penn State
34. Florida
35. Louisville
36. Texas Tech
37. TCU
38. Pittsburgh
39. Arkansas
40. Kansas State
41. North Carolina
42. Illinois
43. Kentucky
44. Iowa State
45. Washington State
46. Indiana
47. Missouri
48. Oklahoma
49. California
50. Oregon
51. Washington
52. Oklahoma State
53. Minnesota
54. Vanderbilt
55. Arizona State
56. Alabama
57. Wake Forest
58. Utah
59. Clemson
60. Syracuse
61. Miami (FL)
62. Baylor
63. N.C. State
64. Virginia
65. Virginia Tech
66. BYU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2019, 10:10 AM

Coot 2019 strength of schedule is #1 because all the teams they play are better than they are. Coots make Clemson schedule weaker; can't be helped. Too bad we can't substitute UVa for coots.

Jun 26, 2019, 5:16 PM

SOS of schedule should not be considered an honor, it's an indication of how bad that school is in relation to all other schools. Seven of the first 20 on the list are SEC schools. If Clemson were to play Alabama's schedule, we would probably still be ranked No. 59.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: The ACC did better in bowls last year than the SEC ]

The argument here is that the SEC is overrated and that the ACC is underrated. You can't then use a future prediction of strength of schedule to argue that it is not the case. Future strength of schedule rankings are predicated on the assumption that the SEC is not overrated and that the ACC is not underrated. Do you have this data for 2018 after the fact? That would be a better indicator. (I'm sure it will still look pretty bad.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2019, 11:43 AM

I was replying directly to a post that addressed the SEC SOS.

Predictive SOS rankings are nonsense

Jun 26, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: The ACC did better in bowls last year than the SEC ]

It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. The people that say this conference is much tougher than any other because it benefits them financially to do so are the ones ranking the teams before the season which are the rankings used to determine the SOS metrics. You can’t say that’s a good way to do things.

Yes, objectively USuCks schedule is one of the hardest in the country because they play Clemson, Bama, UGA, and A&M. They also have teams like Vandy, Tennessee, Kentucky, and UNC. They will likely share 3 common opponents with Clemson by the end of the season and a head to head matchup. What do you think the comparative records in those 4 games will be? If they were a better team their schedule wouldn’t look as daunting

New England wouldn't have a single Super Bowl win

Jun 26, 2019, 5:04 AM

if they played in the NFC South. The AFC East is a clown show.

That's how stupid his argument is. Just because the Patriots play the Bills, Dolphins and Jets twice every year doesn't mean they aren't the best NFL franchise over the last 15 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New England wouldn't have a single Super Bowl win

Jun 26, 2019, 5:34 AM

That’s a perfect analogy. Well done.

Jun 26, 2019, 6:26 AM

Part of me agrees with Finebaum however, reading between the lines, he is still searching for excuses for why we destroyed Alabama 44-16. I am all for moving on from last year because it’s in the past but for the life of me I can’t because Finebaum and all the SEC homer/apologist won’t shut up about it. They are the ones keeping the narrative going. In their heart of hearts, they still believe last year was a fluke. Let them keep on believing that and they’ll get a chance to prove it. I believe any team can beat any team on any given day but we have shown through with our play vs. SEC “big boys” it wasn’t a fluke, yes it really did happen!

He’s right

Jun 26, 2019, 6:31 AM

That outside of Clemson there’s not a lot of strong football in the ACC.

But he’s using that to prop up this garbage narrative that Clemson only beat Bama because it was so beat up after running the gauntlet of an SEC schedule despite having a month off and playing super soft Oklahoma in the CFP and all these toothless trailer park idiots are eating it up.

Jun 26, 2019, 7:04 AM

Clemson is only responsible for Clemson. We can’t recruit and coach other schools teams, we play what’s in front of us and the only measure that matters is scoreboard and Clemson owns whether the the rest of the teams in the conference are good or not. When Clemson played two undefeated teams in the playoffs they beat them like an army mule- NUFF SAID

Jun 26, 2019, 7:33 AM

Hey Pawll and Nick, is the ACC really a "clown show" or is Clemson so good that they make the ACC and the SEC look like clowns?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Virginia is part of that clown show,

Jun 26, 2019, 7:38 AM

what does that make UofSuC?

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: If Virginia is part of that clown show,

Jun 26, 2019, 7:49 AM

The last clown out of the tiny car!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clown meat***

Jun 26, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to If Virginia is part of that clown show, ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2019, 10:11 AM

Clown Show?

In the last four years the SEC is 23-23 versus the ACC. That is the cold hard fact about the strength of the two conferences.

And the brutal SEC schedule that Bama faces year in and year out isn't very brutal at all.
Bama has won 22 straight over Vandy.
Bama has won 12 straight over Arkansas
Bama has won 12 straight over Tennessee
Bama has won 11 straight over Miss St
Bama has won 7 straight over LSU
Bama has won 6 straight over Florida
Bama has won 6 straight over Kentucky
Bama has won 6 straight over TAMU.
Bama has won 5 straight over Georgia.
Bama has won 4 straight over Missouri
Bama has won 3 straight over Ole Miss.

I tip my hat to Alabama for being the big dog in their own league for so long, but give the 'tough league' talk a rest.

Finebaum makes his money by boosting the SEC. The folks from most of the teams in the SEC are riding Bama's coattails and Paul Finebaum's patter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2019, 11:54 AM

I think pawwwwl is an idiot and agree in the least. My friend you need to go to sarcasm school.

My whole poast is saying he is a clown.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:13 PM

Every power five team has good football players. Clemson and Alabama just have a lot more of them and much more depth. There are no easy games from a physical standpoint when you play teams that do not as many good players. Ask the players sometimes if Wake Forest doesn't hit or are very physical. Yes, some teams are more physical than others because of their style. I find it ridiculous to claim "we were worn out" because of our tough schedule. They are all tough!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic