Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hadn't thought about it, but Coach Scott nailed the Co-OC concept
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,651

I hadn't thought about it, but Coach Scott nailed the Co-OC concept

Aug 13, 2018, 11:54 PM

and how its leadership by example for the very deep group of players on our team. Whether that was part of Dabo's plan or not, it is brilliant to show these stud players that if the coaches can share time, so can the players.
I'm not old enough for "the good old days," but I'd be a hard sell to believe we aren't in the best position as a program we've ever had.
Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I hadn't thought about it, but Coach Scott nailed the Co-OC concept

Aug 13, 2018, 11:59 PM

I am old enough to remember and I was there when Coach Ford’s team won it all. It was great, awesome and fantastic, but what’s going on now is better. That’s how I see it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2018, 2:30 AM

I see the same thing, and I never thought I would see it happen, nor say that it has. It has! We are better now than DF's best teams, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have been a part of both, too, and it’s not even close. LOVE

Aug 14, 2018, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: I hadn't thought about it, but Coach Scott nailed the Co-OC concept ]

me some Danny Ford and being very, very excited and very proud .......

but what is happening now is a whole ‘nother world.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Aug 14, 2018, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I hadn't thought about it, but Coach Scott nailed the Co-OC concept ]

Gumby said:

I am old enough to remember and I was there when Coach Ford’s team won it all. It was great, awesome and fantastic, but what’s going on now is better. That’s how I see it.

Totally agree. I was a Clemson student during the good old days of Danny Ford - loved watching our Clemson football teams back in the day, but the whole program's culture was different under Danny Ford. Let's just say it was not as much of a "family friendly" kind of culture as it is today. I'm not throwing poo on Danny Ford or his program back in the day but things were definitely different. You didn't find an overwhelming focus on player academics, graduation, and success after football (definitely no P.A.W. Journey stuff). Danny Ford was about being hard nosed tough and winning games and doing so without a lot of sentimentality. Danny Ford's culture was more of the Bear Bryant model and that is what you saw on the field and around campus from the players.

Dabo has established a program culture that is truly remarkable, and in my opinion, a thousand times better than the Danny Ford era. If you have never been to Dabo Swinney's web page you should check this site out:

http://daboswinney.com/

This site is aimed at recruits and their parents to highlight the culture of our program - amazing at all that we do. Check out the PAW Journey section linked from the menu (upper right bars) https://spark.adobe.com/page/gZ3e9sYH3UL4r/

Also take a look at the academics section:
http://daboswinney.com/academics/

It is easy to see why our program stands above the rest. I could not be prouder of what Clemson has established for our football program - both on and off the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The biggest difference between now and the "good old days"

Aug 14, 2018, 2:08 AM

is back then there was a dark cloud over our program and the threat of probation was always looming.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,651
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic