Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I guess the cat is finally out of the bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I guess the cat is finally out of the bag

Aug 21, 2014, 8:51 PM

seemed like the coaches were keeping pretty tight lipped about Choice.

"Adam Choice is the most natural runner and one of the best we have signed here in a long time". `Swinney

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because he was going to rs until brooks went down.***

Aug 21, 2014, 8:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: because he was going to rs until brooks went down.***

Aug 21, 2014, 8:53 PM

maybe

no reason to blow a rs unless he was needed and he wasn't...

Aug 21, 2014, 8:55 PM

they also have to grow him up in a hurry according to our hc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no reason to blow a rs unless he was needed and he wasn't...

Aug 21, 2014, 8:57 PM

seems like they have a good reason to ride him through the rest of camp, I hope he picks it up ASAFP

me too balm... hate it for brooks, but was probably talked

Aug 21, 2014, 8:59 PM

about thru the 'cruiting process... 1 play away, you never know.

Aug 21, 2014, 9:23 PM [ in reply to no reason to blow a rs unless he was needed and he wasn't... ]

He already weighs 211. Brooks was never a factor at RB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

211 pounds that is playing a position he never has, one he

Aug 21, 2014, 9:37 PM

has a cursory understanding of at best and very limited live exposure to the playbook. there were 4 experienced rbs ahead of him and from dabo's comments, i'd say they hoped/planned to rs choice this year.

you seem very young or relatively new to the game.

Re: 211 pounds that is playing a position he never has, one he

Aug 21, 2014, 9:42 PM

Talent is talent. Watch his film , anybody that has ever played football on any level can see that Adam Choice is a fantastic prospect.
He may not know the playbook or he may well have already picked it up pretty well ...but he can carry a football like a man , so he might just start doing that right away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 21, 2014, 9:50 PM

he can also track down the deep as well as anyone on this roster.

question his talent? he's a D1 prospect. that's just silly.

Aug 21, 2014, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: 211 pounds that is playing a position he never has, one he ]

i'm not speaking to choice's ability or future, i'm speaking to fans placing undue expectations on a kid that has never played the position and is a true freshman in college.

not everyone is sammy watkins, but reading many of the comments it seems that's what is expected or something very close.

in a perfect world, you rs every freshman. our coach has said that in no uncertain terms and he also said they now have to grow choice up in a hurry. that tells me they wanted to rs him and were in no hurry to move that schedule until the need arose.

he's 4th at best on the chart right now.

Re: question his talent? he's a D1 prospect. that's just silly.

Aug 21, 2014, 9:56 PM

I think the big difference with choice is that he has been physically ready to play at this level for a while. You are right though, he came in with 4 guys ahead of him and would have had to claw his way up if he wanted to see the field.

yeah, he and fuller are both physically ready, but you know

Aug 21, 2014, 10:02 PM

there's a lot more to the transition from hs to college than just the game, balm.

if he wasn't on his own, attending a jammed class schedule, tutors, vickery hall and now team travel to interrupt his schedule, i'd not worry nearly as much about the rest. it's a whole new world to him and a very big reason for coaches wanting to rs these young men. it's not just the game adjustment.

Re: yeah, he and fuller are both physically ready, but you know

Aug 21, 2014, 10:05 PM

you are right, I am definitely guilty of lumping too high of an expectation on him.

I am just Giddy, we have not signed a decent RB since Morris got here, and if there is one position that a kid can get meaningful time at as a true frosh, it is RB.

i'm with you, i won't look up my post from months ago when

Aug 21, 2014, 10:08 PM

he signed, but i linked the opening photo from the vid link provided above.

he seems to have all of it, whatever it is. i'm excited to have this kid as a tiger. the future looks bright.

Re: yeah, he and fuller are both physically ready, but you know

Aug 21, 2014, 11:01 PM [ in reply to yeah, he and fuller are both physically ready, but you know ]

from what I have read...kid has a great mind

if they push him...he will be ready

mature physically and mentally

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2014, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: 211 pounds that is playing a position he never has, one he ]

RB definitely one of the easier, if not easiest, positions for a guy to come in and get by on natural talent without fully comprehending everything. Picking up the blitz is probably the one big area that has to come along mentally. As far as running the ball goes, you follow your blocks and if you are a natural runner you will be fine.

Aug 22, 2014, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: no reason to blow a rs unless he was needed and he wasn't... ]

You are a ####### and a #### lover.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

u guys.....

Aug 21, 2014, 9:26 PM [ in reply to because he was going to rs until brooks went down.*** ]

good grief - never seen so many head coaches on one board...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: u guys.....

Aug 21, 2014, 9:28 PM

well, seeing how some of us have been calling this kid's number since his junior year....

did i miss u - u callin red shirt???***

Aug 21, 2014, 9:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: did i miss u - u callin red shirt???***

Aug 21, 2014, 9:32 PM

I never thought this kid would redshirt

good grief? i'm no head coach, i'm just a fan talkin cfb...

Aug 21, 2014, 10:06 PM [ in reply to u guys..... ]

did i come to the wrong place?

opposing defenses will

Aug 21, 2014, 8:56 PM

not like to see him, especially if they're gasping for air.

choice is a cat that will wear the stripes well.....count on

Aug 21, 2014, 9:28 PM

it.

Re: choice is a cat that will wear the stripes well.....count on

Aug 21, 2014, 9:58 PM

No one doubts that he will be an impact player....at some point. I'm a little worried that we are counting on him to contribute now. I was hoping he would redshirt and learn the position and the playbook. Learning one is hard, learning both is dang near impossible.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic