Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I get that the ACC is down this year,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I get that the ACC is down this year,

Nov 13, 2019, 4:19 AM

What with FSU and GT both working on a total program rebuild. But these middle-of-the-pack SEC teams aren’t doing our SOS any favors, either.

Maybe we should consider dropping SCAR from the schedule for awhile, and replacing them with App State. Or, maybe the real USC. Either one would be a nice upgrade, and it would give the folks in Columbia some time to focus on their more successful equine sports program.

Could be a real win/win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our rivalry game with UofSC is one that most Clemson

Nov 13, 2019, 4:43 AM

fans look forward to every year; hence, most of us want it to remain as is.

What Clemson needs is to continue its success while hoping that our ACC partners improve their performances. I'll add that the elimination of some age-old rivalries, such as the Texas/Texas A&M one, due to conference changes has been one of the most ridiculous and inexcusable aberations in collegiate football history. I don't want Clemson involved in that type of scenario nor us to get swelled heads over our success, then think we should "dump" anybody. We may lead the series and they may be down right now, but Tiger and Gamecock fans across the state look forward to our game each year, treating it like a mini-bowl game...one that both programs enjoy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fear the thumb & 1***

Nov 13, 2019, 6:34 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fear the thumb & 1***

Nov 13, 2019, 7:44 AM

Which begs the question - which 1 is the "1"?

Schedule

Nov 13, 2019, 6:37 AM

8 conference games
2 SEC games
1 in-State lower division game
1 AAC game (or ACC Coastal “out of conference”)

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get that the ACC is down this year,

Nov 13, 2019, 6:39 AM

In the end, beating SC is really all that matters! Haha!!

In the end...

Nov 13, 2019, 8:03 AM

uof5c is beneath Clemson in every possible respect.

Beating them is a foregone conclusion because, well, that's just what we do, but at the and of the day, they are only a speed bump along the road to bigger and better things.

Beating them is important because it's the next game. Otherwise, they are only worthy of any attention from Clemson one short week each year.

Clemson has much bigger fish to fry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I get that the ACC is down this year,

Nov 13, 2019, 7:12 AM

I'm not ready for the state legislature to get involved in football rivalries, which they would be sorely tempted to do if Clemson tried to drop that Midlands school from the schedule. Let's just be grateful for our 8-game ACC slate, which allows us to schedule an extra Power 5 opponent every year (even though sometimes, like this year, both those opponents are down).

uof5c's only solace...

Nov 13, 2019, 7:42 AM

is knowing they are dragging-down Clemson's strength of schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: uof5c's only solace...

Nov 13, 2019, 7:44 AM

They do provide a nice doormat for the SECondplace conference, so there's that.

The one thing you can absolutely count on...

Nov 13, 2019, 7:57 AM

no matter how bad this season goes for them, once spring practice starts and as fall approaches, you'll hear their grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism of how they'll win (at least) ten games in 2020, win the SEC East Championship, play for a conference championship, and a possible place in the CFP. In reality, however, they'll struggle to win six games and receive an invitation to some meaningless lower-tier bowl game in Shreveport or Birmingham. They just never learn and love to set themselves for more disappointment year, after year, after year.

I feel confident in saying that....

Nov 13, 2019, 8:31 AM

the following teams would be the same middling .500 teams if they were in the ACC this year:

Missouri, Kentucky, Vandy, South Carolina, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas, MS State. Texas A&M would possibly be the second best team in the conference along with Auburn. But, those two teams are still pretty average. Throw in Florida who I think is good but not worthy of a championship by any stretch.

The SEC is essentially 3 really good teams - UGA (poor offense tho), LSU and Bama. Auburn and Florida are pretty good teams and the rest are just meh or really bad.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic