Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I dont see why people are so upset about someone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

I dont see why people are so upset about someone

Apr 19, 2019, 10:51 AM

pointing out our schedule is on the lighter side this year. They didnt say we werent good. In fact, most saying this are still predicting us winning it all. Its out of our control what others in our conference do, but we try to make up for it by scheduling the like of Tamu, Auburn, UGA, etc to boost our schedule along with the coots (who isnt helping much). Ill admit this years regular season schedule is lacking. Outside of Tamu, Coots, and maybe BC or SYR (depending on how they are without Dungy) I dont see any games against possible ranked opponents. In fact, depending on how the early schedule goes for our opponents, Tamu maybe the only ranked team we play all year in the regular season.

GT- a team that we will play first game under new system with players recruited for the option
UNC- could be interesting with Mack Brown, but I think they will be just avg.
FSU- will be big based on their past only, but I really think theyll have a season similar to last year
UL- I think they are in a deep hole, and will be another program in the first yr of a new coach.
NCST- They lost a ton off of last yrs team including their qb, im not looking for them to be tough this year.
Wake- well Wake will be Wake

If people were trying to say we didnt belong in the playoff or something it would be one thing, but like I said most are still claiming our dominance while saying the comments on our schedule

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are laying the foundation to exclude a 1-loss Clemson

Apr 19, 2019, 10:53 AM

team from the upcoming CFP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are laying the foundation to exclude a 1-loss Clemson

Apr 19, 2019, 10:55 AM

If we lose any game on our schedule do we deserve to make the playoffs? Obviously hard to predict how other teams fair but with a schedule like ours there is little room for error.

Absolutely we do ... won 2 of the last 3 Natty's

Apr 19, 2019, 10:57 AM

Bama has gotten in on reputation before.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely we do ... won 2 of the last 3 Natty's

Apr 19, 2019, 11:00 AM

The fact we won 2 of 3 championships does not have any implication on whether we deserve to make playoff for upcoming season. They are independent of each other. That is crazy talk sir. Makes it sound like the SEC deserves to be in playoff every year because they won “x out of last 10 championships”

You're in denial if you think the SEC would ever be

Apr 19, 2019, 11:03 AM

excluded from the CFP ... no matter the teams record.

2 losses, 3 losses ... doesn't matter ... the media is driving the narrative.

Re: You're in denial if you think the SEC would ever be

Apr 19, 2019, 11:07 AM

I'm not sure if it'll happen anytime soon, but I'd be willing to bet anything that if the best team in the SEC is only 9-3 that the SEC would be left out. You're acting as if the SEC has a history of undeserving teams getting in. I'm sure you'll bring up Bama 2 years ago, but A) the next best team was a 2 loss Ohio State team that had two blowout losses including a blowout loss against a 6 win team, and B) Bama proved they belonged by winning the NC once they got in.

Re: You're in denial if you think the SEC would ever be

Apr 19, 2019, 11:08 AM [ in reply to You're in denial if you think the SEC would ever be ]

Says the guy who believes espn is laying a foundation to keep Clemson out of playoff? Cmon bro the world isn’t against us like you imagine in your head

Uhh the year Bama "got in on reputation" they kicked our

Apr 19, 2019, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Absolutely we do ... won 2 of the last 3 Natty's ]

### and won the title.

Let me guess. You wanted UGA over ND in the playoff last year.***

Apr 19, 2019, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: They are laying the foundation to exclude a 1-loss Clemson ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: They are laying the foundation to exclude a 1-loss Clemson ]

Depends. If we lose to A&M 23-22 and win the ACC and only Bama is undefeated, then yea we should be in. If we some how crap the bed and lose to, say, Syracuse by double digits then heck no we shouldn't be in, unless everyone else has 1 loss as well.

Depending on what happens, I dont know if a 1 loss Clemson

Apr 19, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to They are laying the foundation to exclude a 1-loss Clemson ]

would belong with the schedule how it is. Some of the teams we will face would be a really bad loss. If we were to lose to Tamu or SYR it would be much worse than a close loss to say UNC. We would have no other team on the schedule that would be redeeming.

Apr 19, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to They are laying the foundation to exclude a 1-loss Clemson ]

I really don't think the rest of the world is plotting against Clemson the way some of you like to believe. However, the simple solution to that is to not lose. We can only control what's in front of us. If you lose a game then you're putting your faith into the heads of others.

Would we deserve to be in with 1-loss given schedule?

Apr 19, 2019, 11:17 AM [ in reply to They are laying the foundation to exclude a 1-loss Clemson ]

I think it's a fair question to ask at this point. Maybe a bunch of teams we play will rise up and be a lot better than it looks right now.

Lulz. Why would “they” want that?***

Apr 19, 2019, 1:30 PM [ in reply to They are laying the foundation to exclude a 1-loss Clemson ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He used the term "Soft" and then the Coots ran with it.

Apr 19, 2019, 10:54 AM

Pointing out our SOS isn't really the issue, it is the implication that the Tigers are soft(once again) because we don't have to go through the rigors of the tough gauntlet of the SEC. They are once again trying to advance a false narrative.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

how are they calling us soft, yet pick us to win it all

Apr 19, 2019, 11:01 AM

you are reading too much into it. Our schedule this year may in fact be soft.

let’s all support the Tigers

Apr 19, 2019, 11:16 AM

The entire season and see what happens. Nothing we can do about the other teams except ...
Beat their brains out! If you win, especially with the success that the Tigers have had recently, you can rest assured that our team will be solidly in the playoff picture. When the Tigers pound their opponents it upsets a lot of those who dislike our team. I love it and I bet that you do too!

GO Tigers

Join IPTAY today and be a big part of the success on America’s team

Re: He used the term "Soft" and then the Coots ran with it.

Apr 19, 2019, 11:02 AM [ in reply to He used the term "Soft" and then the Coots ran with it. ]

I really think that's a huge reach. Who even said we were soft last year outside of Galloway who said we were a finesse team?

Re: He used the term "Soft" and then the Coots ran with it.

Apr 19, 2019, 11:52 AM

That was Desmond Howard. Galloway seems to like Clemson. He usually has us ranked as high as anyone, and often picks us to win games that other "experts" have us losing.

Whatever. The coots are desperately clinging to anything

Apr 19, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to He used the term "Soft" and then the Coots ran with it. ]

they can. If we were really soft due to our schedule we would get exposed when we made the playoff. A soft team wouldn't be 5-2 in the playoff with 2 wins over Bama and 3 wins by 28+ points. Ask Notre Dame or Ohio State or even Oklahoma if Clemson is soft.

Re: I dont see why people are so upset about someone

Apr 19, 2019, 10:58 AM

You're exactly right. We've won 2 of the last 3 NC's. Our fans should be beyond the point of being so sensitive over every little thing someone says about us.

Re: I dont see why people are so upset about someone

Apr 19, 2019, 11:16 AM

Rat Poison!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

just ignore it!

Apr 19, 2019, 11:18 AM

every word posted give it's legs, drop it!!

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

People are tired of the double standard.

Apr 19, 2019, 12:10 PM

If Alabama beats everyone on their schedule by 4 touchdowns, then it’s “Bama is so great, probably the best ever, look at what they are doing to their tough schedule”. If Clemson does the same thing it’s “Clemson hasn’t played anybody, their schedule is so easy how do we know if they’re that good”. In the end the only way we flipped it last year was to do the same thing to Alabama that we did to Duke.

All in. Just run up the score.***

Apr 19, 2019, 12:37 PM

I for one don’t think the ACC is THAT bad

Apr 19, 2019, 1:55 PM

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic