Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't know how many of y'all have watched the Coot game as
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I don't know how many of y'all have watched the Coot game as

Dec 14, 2017, 9:15 PM

much as I have, but my favorite part is where Holly Rowe, at the beginning of the game says," Last year Jake Bentley was played soooo goood that he was voted Co-MVP, but not in the Clemson game, where he completed 7 passes for 41% of his attempts. But, he vowed that would never happen again, that he and South Carolina would never play that bad again, and when adversity comes tonight, they WILL respond...they have promised"....

Well, ADVERSITY came early.......

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MVP? Yes he threw a beautiful touchdown pass

Dec 14, 2017, 9:18 PM

to Ryan Carter. He would've thrown another one too but Austin Bryant dropped it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#WePromise***

Dec 14, 2017, 9:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Well, the DID respond. It just wasn't very positive.***

Dec 14, 2017, 9:31 PM

Failure is a response.

Dec 14, 2017, 11:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Flake is a decent QB...

Dec 14, 2017, 10:20 PM

when he has the luxury of playing against teams with lousy defenses, but when he finally has to face a team with a defensive pulse, he folds like a cheap lawn chair.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jake..actually had Coot neighbor rake me over coals when i wouldn't agree

Dec 14, 2017, 10:50 PM

Bentley was a GREAT QB! Seriously.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jake..actually had Coot neighbor rake me over coals when i wouldn't agree

Dec 15, 2017, 8:15 AM

You obviously live in a bad neighborhood. ;>

kindof rough in your hood?***

Dec 15, 2017, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Jake..actually had Coot neighbor rake me over coals when i wouldn't agree ]

Re: I don't know how many of y'all have watched the Coot game as

Dec 14, 2017, 11:37 PM

Absolutely contretemps. They have awkward in their fabric , every single odd time they succeed they return to fail a dozen . It doesn't SEEM like that to me , it's an observable fact .
The oddity that is the U-nAdversity of Sackerlina .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 15, 2017, 12:10 AM

Come on guys, think you’re being a little bit unfair to baby bentley. I thought he responded pretty well the last possession of the game against our 4th string.

Got to give the kid his due, he did play 4 quarters this year.

Still kinda wish Dabo would have called a T O and honored our first teamers that will probably leave. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2017, 5:49 AM

Got to give it to him, that drive that led to the field goal, he was $$$, ice in his veins. That was a pressure packed drive to avoid the goose egg. And give it to Boom too, great game management to go for the FG and not take a chance on 4th down, that's how legends are born.

Dec 15, 2017, 9:52 AM

LMAO..."legends are born".....POTD

Screw Calford.

Dec 15, 2017, 6:06 AM

? ? ?
Worth the read. Plus 1+

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've rewatched our game with South Carolina.

Dec 15, 2017, 7:40 AM

The annual SC vs Clemson game was a classic this year.

The #### fans were really into it early. They showed up, wore their colors and cheered like crazy. There were plenty of times early with it really looked like the fans and the players thought they had a chance at winning. Tessitore sounded like he thought the outcome was in doubt and that SEC Carolina, ranked 24th in the nation and 5th in their conference had a real shot at Clemson. The fans settled down by about halftime, but the gamecock players conduct on the field suggested the boys actually wearing garnet and figured out early on the field of play that they were terribly overmatched.

When Hunter Renfrow pulled out of that face mask grab, twisted through the arms of 3 defenders and started that long,long run for a touchdown, you could pretty much feel all the air go out of the stadium, all the spirit go out of the players, and the cold hard edge of reality cut the ##### right to the core.

As a Clemson fan, the image of #13 running almost alone across the field with, count'em, 8 Gamecocks players falling all over themselves in futile pursuit, was a vision to cherish forever.

And the end? Yep it was garnet and aluminum all over again. Neverbefore? Nope, I've seen this show many times.

Neveragain? Not much difference in the teams? Boom? Bentley? Yep. I've rewatched that classic mis-match a couple of times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've rewatched our game with South Carolina.

Dec 15, 2017, 7:58 AM

By the end of the third quarter, to paraphrase Pete Yannity, "There was aluminum in the end zone for South Carolina!"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tickles me that the loudest cheer of the night for the Coots

Dec 15, 2017, 8:31 AM

Was when Dabo got a 15 yard penalty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic