»
Topic: I don't get this "motion offense" thing
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 6, 2013 2:19 PM by: tiger49
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

I don't get this "motion offense" thing

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 12:41 PM

- Take last night's game for instance ... to my eye when they were playing "loose", taking the ball to the hoop, getting it inside, things were going good ...

Then when the carefully choreographed "dance around the key" started, the usual sequence of events started

Now, I know you have to have structure, but if your outside shooting is not reliable, then maybe the motion "O" is less then optimal.

Well, its late ... only thing we got left is the tournament, maybe for the tournament, try something different, ain't got nothing to lose

I say, take it to hoop! Give to Booker! Booker draws defenders! Other guys as a result are open, Booker passes to one of the open guys (if he clearly does not have a shot), the other guys hit SHORT jumpers, other guys skirt in for an easy layup, KJ does the spectacular slam dunk, Jennings gets hot! Victory

Lastly, do more full court pressing, do it off and on throughout the game, see VCU Basketball

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

David St Hubbins says "Hi"***

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 1:09 PM

Always do whatever's next. -cuda

Hard to get transition baskets when you cannot

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 1:36 PM

press and trap due to a lack of depth. Have to save energy at some point. Motion offense allows us to do that, but with limited offensive options, we see what we saw last night. Book double and triple teamed and no one to make a play. Next year, if our bigs can at least rebound, we'll see more transition with an offense based on the perimeter and better depth. That will lead to easier baskets. Hopefully, better shooting leads to better half court offense. That's the hope anyway

Well put !! *****

Posted: Mar 6, 2013 2:19 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg

Replies: 3  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
686 people have read this post