Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't get the speculation a 4 loss ACCCG game loser gets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I don't get the speculation a 4 loss ACCCG game loser gets

Nov 25, 2019, 12:19 PM

the Orange Bowl if Clemson goes to playoff. I'm thinking Notre Dame would get it for sure. Are they forgetting one of Swoffie's gifts to Notre Dame?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't get the speculation a 4 loss ACCCG game loser gets

Nov 25, 2019, 12:22 PM

ND cannot replace the ACC representative in the OB. ND can only get in as the opponent 2 out of 10 years if they are the highest ranked team from ND/SEC/B1G when the OB selects. ND can be selected for other ACC bowl tie-ins.

null

Holy Sh** thats specific.***

Nov 25, 2019, 12:24 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Holy Sh** thats specific.***

Nov 25, 2019, 9:42 PM

Crazy thing is they can only play in it a max of twice but are not guaranteed to ever play in it. The SEC and B1G must be selected at least 3 times each over the agreement.

null

Nov 25, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't get the speculation a 4 loss ACCCG game loser gets ]

Would this be one of the two Years? Poor OB having a 4 loss team from Virginia.

Nov 25, 2019, 1:22 PM

ND can not replace the ACC team.

Good! ND needs to suffer until they cry uncle and join ACC

Nov 25, 2019, 9:41 PM

Maybe missing out on an Orange Bowl will give them a nudge.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 8:35 PM

Wake may get the OB bid over them since they'll only have 3 losses if they get by Syracuse. We got it as 2nd in the ACC Atlantic in 2013 when FSU was in the BCS National Championship game. After losing the ACCCG Duke was 10-3 and we were 10-2 going into the OB. That was the year we beat OSU 40-35.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A 9-3 WF isn’t going over a 9-4 VT or

Nov 25, 2019, 9:35 PM

Even UVA. Ain’t happening. I expect the loser of the ACC championship assuming Clemson wins would also still be ranked. Losers of tose usually don’t move much especially if you’re further down. Not many teams are still playing that weekend and they aren’t going to penalize a team for an extra game like that. Both Virginia schools would take more fans and they would also be more competitive. WF is not as deep and losing Surratt would really impact them against a good team. VT just blew them out a few weeks ago.

From the ACC website...

Nov 25, 2019, 9:42 PM

ACC Champion - Not In Top Four CFP Ranking
If the ACC Champion is not in the top four of the final CFP rankings, it will appear in the Capital One Orange Bowl against the highest ranked available team from the Big Ten, SEC or Notre Dame following team selection by the Rose (Big Ten) and Sugar (SEC) Bowls.

Capital One Orange Bowl
The Capital One Orange Bowl will host the ACC Champion (or highest ranked ACC team not ranked in the top four against the highest ranked available team from the Big Ten, SEC or Notre Dame following team selection by the Rose (Big Ten) and Sugar (SEC) bowls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic