Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don’t care how many “stars” you have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I don’t care how many “stars” you have

Jun 21, 2018, 11:36 PM

If you commit to play for the greatest University on the planet, then you just gained a big fan of me. I love guys who WANT to wear the Paw and wish them nothing but success. Too many people are wrapped up in rankings, but it all comes down to committed guys who are ALL IN. Dabo and co. will get these guys ready to play, that’s for sure. I’m so excited of these two commitments tonight!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!! Stars often fail to indicate heart and devotion to the program!!

Jun 22, 2018, 1:44 AM

Now sure I love the five star kids too but give me a kid with true grit over a spoiled prima Donna any day!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t care how many “stars” you have

Jun 22, 2018, 7:45 AM

That’s all well and good...but the teams who land the guys with the most stars win national championships. That’s just a fact. So I hope we can land a few 5 stars before this class is finished

You need to back off the ledge and calm the heck down.

Jun 22, 2018, 8:17 AM

Stop with this whole “the sky is falling” attitude.

Re: You need to back off the ledge and calm the heck down.

Jun 22, 2018, 8:49 AM

Yeah Dabo climbed so high, every time the wind blows people freak out.

null

Jun 22, 2018, 8:32 AM

Also need to remember that this will be one our largest recruiting classes in a while. It’s unrealistic to expect to fill every open spot with 4 and 5 star players. Sometimes the talent pool at the positions with greatest need might not be that deep, specifically in the southeast where we tend to draw the majority of our recruits. I also have a lot of faith in our coaches ability to evaluate, especially when offers go out after a camp. The camps give a chance to see things that don’t always jump off the tape at you. Other schools are aware of our ability to evaluate and many times we see additional offers poor into the 3 star player we just offered. Have faith in our staff, we have some amazing 3 stars playing in the NFL right now.

Jun 22, 2018, 9:08 AM

I have a strong suspicion that Dabo not only looks for polished talent but also coach-able raw talent that is often overlooked in the star system. As Lombardi said "I can take mine and beat yours, then take yours and beat mine" a great coach can build players he doesn't always have to order them ready made.

Jun 22, 2018, 10:31 AM

Late yesterday afternoon I looked out a window here in Clemson and the sky was actually falling, a nice little shower. The grass , shrubs, trees, weeds and crops will grow as a result of the sky falling. There are three star commitments falling at Clemson University and they will grow and prosper. After the sky has quit falling, lift your head skyward and there will be sunshine, a sure sign that all is well in Tigertown.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic