Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I do not like witch hunts . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I do not like witch hunts . .

Mar 8, 2021, 11:47 PM

and I believe that is exactly what has happened with Miles at Kansas. Not a Miles fan for any reason, but nothing but accusations, 8 years ago, at another school . . . ridiculous. The world . . is jacked up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I do not like witch hunts . .

Mar 9, 2021, 12:24 AM

I agree. A man’s reputation has been destroyed and his accuser’s are hero. Yet that person has not had his day in court to defend himself before a jury of his peers.

At least give Les Miles his day in court. If he’s guilty put him in prison, but try to remember we are innocent until proven guilty! That’s the Law! If a woman accuses a man of any kind of improper behavior he is presumed guilty. He has to spend thousands to prove his innocence. By then the media and many people have already destroyed that man’s character. You do not read about apologies by the accusers or from the media when an accused person is proven innocent. If the man is innocent it’s usually swept under the rug. Let’s also not forget men can be sexually harassed by women.

If men or women are proven guilty I will be the first one in line to give support. But I refuse to jump on the bandwagon and drag a person through the mud based on rumors or 8 to 10 year old accusations. Innocent until proven guilty! If these victims are so brave why did it take 8 to 10 years to come out.

If accusations were suppressed then those who protected the guilty should be brought down to. They should go to prison for a minimum of 5 to 7 years.

Another problem we have in today’s politically correct world some people are just waiting for someone to say or do something they deem offensive, some even try to bait people into acts they see as not politically correct just to bring them down. Sometimes it’s just a BS set up to bring down a successful person.

What has happened to many people in this world. We live in a world gone made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2021, 6:31 AM

But if you’d read the actual story you’d know that the victims reported this 8 years ago. The LSU AD thought they had cause to fire him. They didn’t because they were good at football. This is not a witch hunt. This is exactly what should have happened then.

Mar 9, 2021, 9:21 PM

Not 8 years later. The police said nothing happened that was breaking the law . .right?

I agree in general with your sentiment but the court of law

Mar 9, 2021, 6:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I do not like witch hunts . . ]

does not equal the court of public opinion. In a court of law you are innocent until proven guilty but in public it is often guilty until proven innocent unless the media decides to protect you.

As example, I despise Cuomo and everything he stands for and get a small delight in any troubles he may have. However, it has always bothered me that the 'Me To' movement appears to be akin to a class action lawsuit. Accusing somebody of something years after the alleged crime, making any actual criminal charges difficult to be pressed or stick while allowing for financial suits to go forward, reeks of a tabloid money grab.

Accusations are too easy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I agree in general with your sentiment but the court of law

Mar 9, 2021, 7:31 AM

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a concept that applies to criminal court only. Not civil court, not corporations, not educational institutions. We really have no idea what kinds of internal investigation the university conducted before terminating Miles. Chances are they have more information about the situation than the general public does. Furthermore their concern is keeping the good face of the university--not keeping Miles on the payroll. Just like the rest of us in this country, he's an employee and they care no more about him than how much money he can make them. When an employee becomes a liability, especially a public liability, companies tend to part ways with them before the worst of the damage is done.

Re: I agree in general with your sentiment but the court of law

Mar 9, 2021, 8:06 AM

Agreed. You’re right in that the university very likely has more information than what the public knows.

Read...Duke Lacrosse***

Mar 9, 2021, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I do not like witch hunts . . ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the funniest thing I've ever

Mar 9, 2021, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I do not like witch hunts . . ]

Seen exhibited in human behavior.

Sympathy's one thing. Being a sensitive ##### is another.

Lawyers, Actors Doctors are ruining the world. I said it. Color sure don't matter in that, now, do it?!

Mar 9, 2021, 7:08 AM

IKR, I have absolutely no details on the situation either, but know FOR A FACT he is innocent.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not like green eggs and ham. Or witch hunts.

Mar 9, 2021, 8:11 AM

The Press tries to run any story like this over and over and over, hoping to lure more "witnesses" out of the woodwork with an eye on their 15 minutes of fame, or a fast buck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The press and social media are running this world. IMO only***

Mar 9, 2021, 9:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you say British tabloids? scum***

Mar 9, 2021, 11:34 AM

AND, they believe they are the morality police and they

Mar 9, 2021, 11:50 AM [ in reply to The press and social media are running this world. IMO only*** ]

they believe they set the standards.

Their morals are so relativistic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

there's a lot of hypocrisy in some of these Me Too things...

Mar 9, 2021, 9:08 AM

Can't stand Rudy Giuliani, but there was an uproar because he made a comment about a female golfer's underwear or whatever. Well, she's wearing what you might call a super miniskirt, and she bends over to putt. So yeah, you can see her azzz. Duh. She puts it out there for the whole world to see on global TV, but you better not look nor comment. It's like the parents that let their teen/preteen daughters go out in public dressed like a hooker... you better divert your eyes away, or you might be labelled a "creepy old guy" if you're caught even glancing at them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: there's a lot of hypocrisy in some of these Me Too things...

Mar 9, 2021, 1:09 PM

I'm not sure how much uproar there was over the Giuliani comments, because I had to look it up before replying here. I'm not saying there wasn't any uproar, just that I honestly don't know. I do agree through that I had no problem with his comments.

He seemed to be saying the photographers following them around were there to get photos of her when she bent over to putt. Unfortunately, I could very well see where that comment would be true since there's a reason you can see photos like that of nearly every female celebrity all over the internet.

Had he instead said something like he had trouble concentrating on golf that day because he couldn't stop staring at her panties then I could see the issue with that comment. Don't get me wrong, even then the comment wouldn't be worthy of anyone getting fired, or having the response go beyond comments about how inappropriate the comments were though.

I think most guys would take a glance at an attractive woman in a similar situation if they're being honest about it. As long as they aren't creepy about it, or physically touch someone without consent or whatever then go for it I say. Most guys are simply going to do that though and not draw attention to the issue. I think you do cross a line into creepy when you stare to the point of being noticed, or decide to make a comment towards the female about it though.

Mar 9, 2021, 9:58 AM

This isn't a witchhunt....

these are skellington in his closet seeing daylight... unknown skellingtons

If anything LSU should be on the hook more than Miles... unless Mile's current behavior at KU is suspect as well.

Unfortunately, college coaches are public figures. Past behavior can and does have major ramifications at ANY time. I do kinda take issue that a current employer is making a stink about something that happened at a prior institution but hey, if KU wants to pay the "tax" to fire Miles that is their own decision.

Couldn’t agree more with the OP and his point

Mar 9, 2021, 10:22 AM

In my opinion the way these allegations are handled will be criticized and looked upon as a dark period in humanity and history. I believe no means no and nobody should be subjected to a toxic workplace but the court of public opinion is too quick to accept allegations as facts in some cases.

Mar 9, 2021, 10:53 AM

It’s a cover up not a witch hunt the amount of dirty laundry LSU piled up is huge they’re trying to point fingers elsewhere when it should be pointed at some within the program

Mar 9, 2021, 12:49 PM

If you wants a really sound description of what an actual witch hunt looks like research the following:

House Un-American Activities Committee

This group of 'Patriots' were the real life version of Arthur Millers 'The Crucible' brought to life in these United States. These accusations about Les are not unfounded casual aspersions. They happened when this clown was at a very successful NCAA Football program. He is only 'reaping what he sowed.' Have no pity for him. Have pity for those that were victimized by power men, institutions and governments who gave no thought to how their actions would impinge upon others. Who were just looking to 'advance' their 'narrative'. Does it feel like Deja Vu yet? Those that don't know history are DOOMED to repeat it!

Mar 9, 2021, 1:02 PM

This isn't a witch hunt. This isn't a criminal court. He has no expectations of "innocent until proven guilty". LSU chose not to fire him because they felt it would be more expensive to fire him than deal with issues arising from his transgressions. Just like auto companies sometimes make recall decisions on does it cost more to recall a car or pay out liability in case something goes wrong.

The world hasn't gone crazy. The interpretation of your world view is what's off kilter.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic