Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I could look it up, but what does "woke" mean?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

I could look it up, but what does "woke" mean?

Jul 3, 2020, 1:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not asleep***

Jul 3, 2020, 1:50 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

But haven't necessarily learned anything or done anything.***

Jul 4, 2020, 12:36 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Essentially, race based virtue signaling***

Jul 3, 2020, 1:53 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could look it up, but what does "woke" mean?

Jul 3, 2020, 1:56 PM

Brainwashed into feeling guilty for being white or straight or male or Christian and that white or straight or Christian or male people are the root of all evil in the world. Basically you are young and/or stupid and have bought into the Left’s lies 100%.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 3, 2020, 2:04 PM

If you are a high achiever, those that can’t, or won’t, compete look for a way to bring you down or stop you. That’s why the Left hates capitalism because it’s competition-based and they know they can’t compete - unless they can get you to voluntarily stop trying so hard or give them some extra help. They hate grades and tests and valedictorians. They hate any objective measures of performance or ability.

People don’t have equal abilities and life isn’t fair. The great thing about America is how generous and charitable we are with our blessings. The Left doesn’t want you to be charitable. They want to seize what you have and give it to the “marginalized,” “oppressed,” and “downtrodden” as an “entitlement.” That way they can have “equality with dignity.” Remove the stigma of living on the dole, kill the golden goose of high achievement, and say hello to the Utopia of Venezuela or CHAZ.

Being woke means surrendering so that those that can’t make it on their own can have a chance. Otherwise it isn’t fair and that’s bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 3, 2020, 5:38 PM

Entitlement to what the hardworking have even if you don’t work for it is where I go from scratching my head to banging it against a brick wall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or maybe...

Jul 3, 2020, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I could look it up, but what does "woke" mean? ]

Just an acknowledgement that those who don’t happen to be straight white Christian males sometimes get marginalized...but you keep on being the victim dude, it suits you.

Re: Or maybe...

Jul 3, 2020, 2:18 PM

Did your Mom find your kiddie pr0n stash yet?

It always projection with you people....***

Jul 3, 2020, 5:17 PM

Re: Or maybe...

Jul 3, 2020, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Or maybe... ]

She took the pics so, duh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now we need a definition of

Jul 3, 2020, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Or maybe... ]

Marginalized. Smh

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2020, 2:00 PM

It means they just open their eyes after hours of sleep, I think!!!??

These men are “woke” to the incompetence of Donald.

Jul 3, 2020, 2:02 PM

https://apple.news/ANS7aEAenQ7aBSOPG53q8vA

The day you realize that you and your kinfolk are all evil.***

Jul 3, 2020, 2:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woke

Jul 3, 2020, 2:38 PM

Is an adjective used as a slang expression. I don’t think it’s in Webster’s Recently it has been used to describe racial injustices like we are all tired of hearing about from the various media,

Re: The day you realize that you and your kinfolk are all evil.***

Jul 3, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to The day you realize that you and your kinfolk are all evil.*** ]

They can't or won't compete for jobs or education so they try to bring you down to their level which is pretty low. Schools are doing it now. We are dumbing down very quickly to liberal levels. Only hand picked history is taught in our schools. No holocaust and only limited amount of U.S. military confrontations ar taught to our young people.

Schools are ratcheting it up...

Jul 3, 2020, 3:40 PM

Been dumbing down for decades. Take over institutions of learning and information.

Jul 3, 2020, 3:08 PM

It means you are in the group of people who wake up every Monday morning and face towards Washington DC and bow down to worship the government mandated thoughts of the week. Included are what 3 new words have been outlawed that week and what is the latest “cause” or emergency that we’ve been living with our whole life but has now become unbearable. Mind you none of these causes are ever solved because that would end the charade and put the woke mob out of a job.

So Trump supporters? I think you are on to something.***

Jul 3, 2020, 5:30 PM

Urban Dictionary Definition

Jul 3, 2020, 6:26 PM

The act of being very pretentious about how much you care about a social issue.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brainwashed***

Jul 3, 2020, 7:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everything is offensive. If you don't think so

Jul 3, 2020, 7:07 PM

Then you are a racist, homophobe, bigot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So woke, from the BBC:

Jul 4, 2020, 3:17 AM

https://www.twitter.com/bbccomedy/status/1010189882503950336

yeah.. what exactly is "BIG mad"

Jul 4, 2020, 6:57 AM

why are these things acceptable?

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic