Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can't believe Clemson fans are turning on the program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I can't believe Clemson fans are turning on the program

Oct 20, 2013, 1:32 PM

Yes we lost a game, and yes it was a heartbreaking loss, but Florida State came to play and we didn't. You're taking it out on a group of guys that works their ##### off day in and day out, and they have had success every week except last night. Before you start running your mouths about Dabo and the rest of the coaching staff, think about the work that has gone into this program and where it has come since the Bowden era. This season can still be a success, but at least give the rest of the season a chance before you start pointing fingers. If you claim to be a fan of this institution, show it. Give the boys the support they deserve.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "fans" turning on here are a 50-50 mix of Coot trolls

Oct 20, 2013, 1:36 PM

and delusional knee-jerkers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't believe Clemson fans are turning on the program

Is that you ...Dabo Jr....why would fans be pissed after spending thousands of dollars to support the program and then set a brand new all time at home scoring record...I just don't understand..

Re: Here is another.***

Oct 20, 2013, 1:38 PM

Aww... Mikey...aint you so cute...

Oct 20, 2013, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe Clemson fans are turning on the program ]

eat your cereal now or no xbox today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have to point fingers. If you don't recognize the

problems, how are you going to fix them. Clemson fans are just like all other college football fans---just a little more passionate.

Every fan base has this problem.

Oct 20, 2013, 1:41 PM

There are two groups of fans that don't really belong. One group wants to run the program or they'll run it in the ground in public. The second group are bandwagoners. They jump from one team to another. We call em coots in a most disrespectful tone.

Neither of the two love Clemson for they believe that Clemson must serve them. They love only themselves and therefor have no value. They have never been part of our team and they will never be part of any team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody's "turning" on Clemson...

Oct 20, 2013, 1:52 PM

Dabo is not Clemson. Chad Morris is not Clemson. Clemson is an institution separate from these men. Have they made positive contributions to Clemson? Absolutely. But one doesn't equate to the other, and to criticize one, doesn't mean you are turning on the other. I wish more people could process this.

Arguments like yours are akin to say that our Congress is America, and any criticism of them is "turning" on America. Are 70% of Americans turning on "America", because that about how many disapprove of Congress.

Flawed argument is flawed.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

And if you disagree...

Oct 20, 2013, 2:00 PM

with this, reply with a logical argument... point me down doesn't do anything to me... 100% approval rate baby.

LOL

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Exactly. I've been banned from Tnet repeatedly and called

Oct 20, 2013, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Nobody's "turning" on Clemson... ]

a coot because as a CU alum and long time IPTAY member I earned and paid for the right to voice opinion. Folks on Tnet are by and large pumpers that don't want to see reality, or are blindly devoted and think shutting up despite how bad things get is loyalty and true fandom.

I'm old school. I believe in honesty and objectivity. When my friends screw up I call them out. I have a "come to Jesus" talk with them. I'm the friend that they know will support them, but I'm also going to be brutally honest and direct. I don't tell folks what they WANT to hear, I tell them what they NEED to hear.

Unless it's a psycho girlfriend (is there any other kind?) in which smart guys know to make it look like their idea to break up. Otherwise no telling what they might do.

The reality is, TB nor Dabo understand the fundamentals of football. Fancy offenses are for less talented teams. Real football is having a serious offensive line and a tough defense. Playing with heart. We haven't seen either at Clemson since Ford left.

Thanks for not asking us to drink more kool-aid***

Oct 20, 2013, 2:55 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shocking!! Blue cootie shows up after a disappointing loss..

Oct 20, 2013, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Exactly. I've been banned from Tnet repeatedly and called ]

"I've been banned from Tnet repeatedly....."

Just not for long enough.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent point.***

Oct 20, 2013, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Nobody's "turning" on Clemson... ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen, Amen, Amen!***

Oct 20, 2013, 1:55 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of what you have are Coot Trolls and the normal whining

Oct 20, 2013, 2:06 PM

bunch that didn't like Dabo to start with that winning usually keeps quiet in Mommie's basement.

The real fans that are REALLY disgruntled with this pi$$ poor performance will spend the day b!tching about it, get up tomorrow , put their Orange on and move on to UMD.

Re: Most of what you have are Coot Trolls and the normal whining

Oct 20, 2013, 2:13 PM

I was very unhappy with the turnout of last night's matchup. But we as fans can't stay down on the team this week, because we have another game this coming weekend. And the last thing those guys need is fans being down on them right now. They need encouragement to get through this week of practice and to go to Maryland and come out with a W.

Oct 20, 2013, 2:37 PM

This team needs our full support especially now. They still have a chance for a great season if we stay behind them!

You expect quite a lot...

Oct 20, 2013, 2:52 PM

our season ended last night. No division, no conference, no BCS championship...the ONLY goal that is still attainable is beating South Carolina, and right now I can't blame anyone for thinking Spurrier will out-prepare Dabo and company again and send us home with yet another Clemson milestone...five losses in a row to South Carolina.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

call me out, but I wouldn't put GT in the win column yet***

Oct 20, 2013, 2:57 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we're better, but it's a complete guess

Oct 20, 2013, 3:03 PM

as to how this team will respond to the season ending in one fell swoop.

Unless you're one who cares about getting a BCS at-large, it doesn't much matter anyway.

Re: You expect quite a lot...

Oct 20, 2013, 3:00 PM [ in reply to You expect quite a lot... ]

We can play for pride, Clemson and themselves.

We can go 11-1 and to a BCS Bowl Game - we have things to play for.

Were you around in 82, 83 and 84?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Born in '84.

Oct 20, 2013, 3:06 PM

But I think that would be a lot different. You know going in that there isn't anything to play for so there's not the same emotional investment as there is when you have all of your goals just in front of you and they vanish in one night.

Oct 20, 2013, 3:01 PM

There's two types of categories that comes with business. Friendship and business you have separate the two for success. When you fire someone that you like as a person, that would be a business decisions. Our coaches are great but got killed last night, bottom line. Some would say call it like you see it. In addition, I know for a fact that our O LINE coach tells an old friend of his which is a Gamecock fan things that he shouldn't tell anyone. NOT Team COACH. Bowden wouldn't fire anyone and it got him fired. A plus for Dabo which was a business decision. Do I think our coaches need to be let go? No, bt needs to be documented on their progress report. They didn't have that team ready and where out coach. I read were Stewart said, "this is just another game", wrong this was a big game and practice should have been all about a big game. Probably the biggest game of some of players might ever be in. Down playing what this really was is not the approach of fixing the problem. Going back to toughest and fundamentals is the key. Has anyone every seen the movie "The Junction Boys"? I told someone last year when I played little league football at Central, something was wrong if someone didn't leave with blood after each practice. Now, some would say that I'm a sick individual..lol. I would put money on that Alabama practices as hard as they do in a game. One of the toughness coaches left in todays game. A old player from "81" team told me something after the loss to Alabama and a native from the state said: "I would be scared all weekend about going to practice on Monday with coach Ford, coach Hopper an the line B coach that I can't remember his name at his time. His quote was, "they were crazy and we were scared of them". You have know the when and time. It's all about respect not friendship with this players.

Coaching has changed a lot in thirty years....

Oct 20, 2013, 3:11 PM

mostly because eighteen year-olds have changed a lot in 30 years. If you try to take that hard-ass approach and you don't have the hardware and national brand recognition to back it up, you'll be settling for leftovers in recruiting. That's why Scott Shafer will fail at Syracuse. The only way to compete at a second-tier school or lower is to be a player's coach.

Oct 20, 2013, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I can't believe Clemson fans are turning on the program ]

Can someone translate this for me?

Exactly. I've been banned from Tnet repeatedly and called

Oct 20, 2013, 3:05 PM

Sounds like the a-hole friend to me

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic