Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can not wait for Chad Kelly to take over
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

I can not wait for Chad Kelly to take over

Apr 13, 2014, 4:47 PM

I love the fire. He wanted to go for it on 4th down with players like Rodriguez on his team, going against the first team D. Kid refuses to lose, and if he's gonna lose he's gonna give somebody hell doing it. Kelly is not gonna try to get help from a player on the other team after being sacked by them, and if someone takes a shot at him in the media best believe it is going to get personal. Players love him, he's a winner. Sit back and enjoy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you...

Apr 13, 2014, 4:50 PM

I miss CJ too. The rest, not so much. Chad has a tall hill to climb before he calms down enough to run a D1 program, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree with you...

Apr 13, 2014, 4:53 PM

"deleted by author" posts are real crowd pleasers.

amirite?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i agree with you...

Apr 13, 2014, 4:56 PM

Is this a knock towards me in saying Chad is the man?

absolutely

Apr 13, 2014, 4:57 PM

not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: absolutely

Apr 13, 2014, 5:03 PM

Gotcha. Just didnt understand the lingo, but that's kind of the story of my life on Tigernet lol. Just think the kid is a refuse to lose kind of guy, and a winner. And he will do that, he will win. And he will represent that group of guys the way they want to be represented. He relates very well to all of the guys, they are all on the same page. Kids make mistakes, and it's ok as long as you're not already criticized for every move, or the next in line to represent true Clemson fans. Jk

Apr 13, 2014, 5:06 PM

And that's not a knock on ppl who don't like him. That's a knock on fans who think they call shots and it actually matters that they don't like Chad Kelly, and think that's why he won't represent Clemson, and more importantly represent them. Such a backwards way of thinking, I don't get people.

people are funny...

Apr 13, 2014, 5:10 PM

chad is people too.

best to remember this.

well, refusing to lose & snapping in the heat of the moment

Apr 13, 2014, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: absolutely ]

aren't great bed fellows.

hopefully he continues to learn.

"Just think the kid is a refuse to lose kind of guy, and a

Apr 13, 2014, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: absolutely ]

winner. And he will do that, he will win."

Well, he's not winning now.

It's no wonder the world is so screwed up when people can't tell the difference between a bad attitude, selfishness, and a big mouth, and "fire" and desire to win.

Just because Chad is easily frustrated and cries when things don't go his way it doesn't mean that he has any more fire than any other player we have. It just means he's easily frustrated and cries when things don't go his way. Funny how people don't get that and try to not only make excuses for it, but actually try to spin it into a positive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: "Just think the kid is a refuse to lose kind of guy, and a

Apr 13, 2014, 6:00 PM

How many times has he done that? Didnt know he was crying, I saw him yelling and frustrated.

Apr 13, 2014, 6:26 PM

crying, whining..whatever. He has an ego that he can not back up. He thinks just because he is Jim Kelly's nephew that people "owe" him.

There is a reason he was kicked off his high school team. I applaud that coach for not putting up with him even though he was good QB.He was suspended for a game, then kicked off the team. The year before he was suspended for the final 7 games. He is the perfect example of what is happening to a lot of fb players. They have been petted and pampered just because they were good. He thinks just because his uncle is Jim Kelly, he should be the starter. IMO, a lot of that comes from parenting while growing up.

He started crap before he ever attended his first class at Clemson when he said what he did about Stout and Boyd. He runs his mouth to the media.

What has he done to back up his so-called ability? NOTHING!

He needs some good ol' fashioned southern "time outs"...if you know what I mean.

Re: Do you know him personally or do you just spread

Apr 13, 2014, 7:12 PM

gossip?

Re: Do you know him personally or do you just spread

Apr 13, 2014, 8:43 PM

What gossip?? Facts are facts

Apr 13, 2014, 6:02 PM [ in reply to "Just think the kid is a refuse to lose kind of guy, and a ]

Not winning now? He's a D1 QB, all the talent in the world, in a system perfect for him, people surrounding him pulling for him, incredible athlete, 20 or 21 years old? Lol what's winning to you?

Apr 13, 2014, 6:33 PM

Winning in D1 is doing it without your mouth. Winning is showing your ability on the field and not blaming everyone else. Winning is taking accountability for yourself and admitting when you are wrong. Winning is learning from your mistakes and not repeating them.

If he keeps this attitude he as now, he will never be a winner in anything he does.

Would you not take your child aside and teach him to be humble? If that was done years ago, he may be a different person.

Re: J. Manziel and J . Winston say otherwise.***

Apr 13, 2014, 7:13 PM

Re: J. Manziel and J . Winston say otherwise.***

Apr 13, 2014, 8:38 PM

while that is true..both waited until they had proved they were very good before they ran their mouths. If you run your mouth, you ### well better be prepared to back it up.

With that said, neither of those were critical of their coaches or teammates. They were very vocal to their opponents AFTER they established themselves. Although I do not like their behaviors either, the comparisions of them and Kelly are not the same.

At this point, we do not even know what kelly can do. All of his stats are from high school and New York high school footbal is not exactly high on the list. They are not the Florida's or Texas' of the world.

Winning means reaching your goals and objectives, so

Apr 13, 2014, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: "Just think the kid is a refuse to lose kind of guy, and a ]

if Chad's goal is to play D1 football, then yes, he's winning. However, I think he wants more; I think he wants to be the starter, to be "the man". Yesterday, he had a hissy fit in the spring game, and he was very publicly disciplined for it, and it's hurting his chances to reach his goal. So no, he's not winning right now, he's losing. Go on, keep making excuses and minimizing the bad behavior.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 13, 2014, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: absolutely ]

MissCJ, either you ate paint chips as a child, or you are actually Swag himself.
No one on their right mind would post that garbage. He's winning??? Whaaaat?? Haha. You are hilarious!
I know this is hard for you to take, but Stoudt is,...and has proved...to be the better QB.

Apr 14, 2014, 9:09 AM

The other guy said he's losing, as in overall. Yeah he got benched in a spring game for getting upset at a coach for not going on 4th down. if that's the only bad thing for him in his life, sounds like he's winning. And after all of it, the coaches still say its a wide open race. Now when Chad plays and does good, do all of the idiots ##### ab it or give praises and talk ab how great of a move it has been by the coaches?

Apr 13, 2014, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: i agree with you... ]

No, it isn't. DSP is trying to hookup again. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad will take over@QB for

Apr 13, 2014, 9:08 PM

The hometown University of Buffalo after he transfers.

Apr 13, 2014, 4:56 PM [ in reply to i agree with you... ]

Yep, I actually slow down reading the responses so I can try and glean what the OP said. What a thrill.

does it help?

Apr 13, 2014, 4:59 PM

asking for a friend.

Re: I agree with you...

Apr 13, 2014, 4:55 PM [ in reply to I agree with you... ]

Lol that was a good one. I believe in the kid, he gets it. He's been around the big time games, he wants to be the guy so bad. He's a kid, the coaches get that. Kids do these kind of things. He's the real deal.

Apr 13, 2014, 4:59 PM

I don't expect Chad to stay on the bench long. He adds another dimension to our offense. Watson will red-shirt unless I'm sorely mistaken. I just don't see our coaching staff starting a true freshman.

Apr 13, 2014, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree with you... ]

you would think he would have learned by now....after getting kicked off of a hs team TWO times in 2 years. He is a spoiled brat that is a slow learner

he will never play here

Apr 13, 2014, 7:19 PM

not as the starter

Re: he will never play here

Apr 14, 2014, 4:17 PM

or maybe just never at all

Re: I can not wait for Chad Kelly to take over

Apr 13, 2014, 9:51 PM

Then you have no idea what a football team is all about. Bad post. Worse opinion. And a total lack of reasonable thought. In other words... irrelevant. And no, the players do not love him. Players DO NOT LOVE CRAZY QBS! That is fact. No argument.

Apr 13, 2014, 10:16 PM

You know that? You know the players don't like him? You don't know anything ab that. And I'm not worried ab your opinion, idc what you think. For you to type anything concerning my opinion is a bad post for you. Chad Kelly is a good player and I believe he will be the starting QB. Now for everything else you said, idc. Don't know if I've mentioned that.

Apr 13, 2014, 10:20 PM

:) Yes I do. Anyone who ever played a team sport does. Ikc what you think. He is not. He will not. you did. U R wrong. IDC either.

Apr 13, 2014, 10:23 PM

I've played a few team sports. Been around a few. You don't know what goes on behind scenes, you don't know what the opinion is of Kelly on the team. Please tell me if I'm wrong about that lol. Not wrong, I just chose to express my opinion. For you to comment, thats irrelevant. :)

Apr 13, 2014, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I can not wait for Chad Kelly to take over ]

But you said yes you did. Uh oh, gotta have proof. Breaking story. Who doesn't like him?

Apr 13, 2014, 11:00 PM

if yoiu ploayed team sports and like him.... you are a bit confused.

Guess we're all confused.***

Apr 14, 2014, 8:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Apr 14, 2014, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: I can not wait for Chad Kelly to take over ]

You said you know the players don't like him, please tell me which players have expressed that thought to you. Tell me who said they don't like him. Besides you. I can definately see you being the kid in high school (I'm assuming that's the last time you played team sports) that doesn't like a kid like Chad Kelly. I just want to know how many more incidents there have been to call him a cry baby?

huh?***

Apr 14, 2014, 7:17 AM

Cole Looking very comfortable out there

Apr 14, 2014, 7:46 AM

He's got my vote that doesn't count !

Agree, Cole is just the kind of QB our D needs!

Apr 14, 2014, 9:34 AM

And I hope Chad matures, and becomes the Wildcat that can be a dynamic change in the game, like Spurlid has used for years! Watson R.S. and build his body up!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic