Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I believe this team can win ACC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,383

I believe this team can win ACC.

Jan 12, 2018, 9:31 AM

I saw the guts of them

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe this team can win ACC.

Jan 12, 2018, 9:54 AM

were the guts visible before or after the lazy passes and sloppy ball handling that led to easy turnovers without which State loses by 10?

Gotta win the road games you are supposed to win if you want to sniff the top end of the conference.

did u see what that same team did to Duke earlier this week?

Jan 12, 2018, 10:00 AM

i'm not making excuses but we just had a bad night.

20+ turnovers, they had a guy hit 5 3's that only had 6 all season long, and we didnt have anybody (outside of grantham) that played particularly well.

i'll just talk it up to having a bad night and catching a confident NC State team at home

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Supposed to win" is not a valid term when playing

Jan 12, 2018, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe this team can win ACC. ]

road games at UNC, NCSU, Duke, or Wake Forest.

In fact, "supposed to win" on the road anywhere in the ACC is not a particularly sound assumption.

Duke was reminded of this just before we were.

As for the original post ... I have very little confidence that this team can win the ACC. This is the same sort of progressively unrealistic "raising of the bar" that occurred during football season.

Our basketball team has over-achieved massively so far. But, remember when just getting an NCAA bid was the main goal?

The NCAAs should still be an acceptable outcome for calling this a great season.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

now ringknocker, don't get on here and give your opinions regarding

Jan 12, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe this team can win ACC. ]

Clemson basketball unless such opinions are supportive... c'mon... " one of us, one of us" ?? Seriously I agree regarding some sloppy turnovers but i will reserve harsh judgment until I see how these guys respond to a tough loss. I agree with OP about their guts!! They tried!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2018, 9:59 AM

Possible, but more than likely not. Defiantly a top 6 team in conference this year. This team meshes really well together, and can beat anybody in the country on any given night.

Jan 12, 2018, 10:32 AM

Yes they played hard, but as mentioned earlier we were very sloppy. This team has reached Yogi's fork in the road. They have achieved for beyond expectations so far; however the last two games against looserville and ncs they have revived the ghosts of the past. The next game against um is the deal maker or the deal breaker. If we beat um we could go on to have a good season, if we loose to um all kind of bad things could happen. It is up to the team to decide which fork in the road to take. JMHO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2018, 10:34 AM

I don't think tomorrow's game is a make or break for the season.

Of course we do need to hold serve at home and get a good win over a ranked team, but the team only has about 40 hours in between these games so it's going to be a tough game for sure.

Also doesn't help that somehow we play on a quick turnaround and Miami's last game was Sunday at home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2018, 10:17 AM

I am a believer as well. We will know more Saturday.

Jan 12, 2018, 11:36 AM

I'd love to see an ACC championship, but mostly for historical purposes. Otherwise, unless it's the only route into The Dance, the toll it takes to win is more detrimental than beneficial. That's my view, solely.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,383
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic