Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am very thankful that I grew up in a time when everyone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I am very thankful that I grew up in a time when everyone

Jun 4, 2020, 3:09 PM

was not armed at all times with a camera and a microphone. I said and did many things in my youth that I would not be proud of today (not that I was necessarily proud of them then).

I try to be a good parent to my kids and to show them right from wrong, but if they could dredge up my teenage and young adult years with a few clicks, all of my credibility as an authority figure would vanish into thin air.

I have been blessed with children who have impeccable manners and speak (and act) circumspectly. Glad I never had to go the "do as I say, not as I do" route of parenting.

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am very thankful that I grew up in a time when everyone

Jun 4, 2020, 3:14 PM

Great Post! I am very lucky to have grown up around the same time. I have well mannered fantastic adult kids. I grow up without a cell phone, laptop and social media. Best to you in the future my Tigernet friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 3:29 PM

Amen. I feel sorry that my grandchildren will never be able to experience that. They will grow up in a world of hate. Thankfully they are being raised in a Christian home. I don't think our country can recover from this. A racist police officer, criminal looters, thugs and murderers, and a democratic party that would rather see our country fall than have Donald Trump as our President. People that have nothing but hate in their heart. God help us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 4:52 PM

Amen! 2000. Your Post was right on target. And the original post was right on target too. There were some really good post on this thread.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I am very thankful that I grew up in a time when everyone ]

Noted...I have gone ahead and crossed Christians and republicans off my list of those capable of having hate in their hearts...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I am very thankful that I grew up in a time when everyone ]

It is interesting how two people can look at a situation and see something so differently. I agree with your post except the part about Trump. I seriously wonder if this country would survive another fours years of Trump.

Jun 4, 2020, 3:25 PM

Based on your ring I was quite a few years ahead of you since mine says 66. However I agree with everything you said.
I was raised to respect everybody, nevertheless I am thankful there was no facebook when I came along. I was there when Clemson went from A&M to University, went completely coed and integrated. We had no demonstrations (unless panty raids count). One of my mentors was Herman McGee.

With any luck, my youngest daughter will enroll in Clemson

Jun 4, 2020, 3:46 PM

in Fall 2021. She is hoping to be an athletic trainer, too, and eventually a Doctor of Physical Therapy.

Thank God for cellphone cameras and microphones.

Jun 4, 2020, 3:37 PM

Justice has been slow to catch up with reality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My kids give wife 95% of the credit for proper raising. Now_

Jun 4, 2020, 3:41 PM

that they are adults, their favorite Hoilday is Festivus where they recall and embellish Dad’ s bad parenting. This occurs while drinking my bourbon. I get so little respect now, can’t imagine what it would be like if there were videos of my youth.

I still do not carry a cell phone, to this day. Yes, people

Jun 4, 2020, 4:22 PM

look at me like I am from outer space when I tell them that. I do obviously like to play around on this computer thingy though!

Jun 4, 2020, 4:24 PM

did you suffocate anyone by putting your weight down on their neck for 9 minutes? If not, you probably don't have any real worries.

Jun 4, 2020, 8:14 PM

I've never even told my kids about the things I did as a young man for fear that they might do those crazy things. Good grief, I was in a fight every dang week. If I couldn't find a stranger to fight, we'd fight among friends just to stay in practice. Speeding, drinking, and I won't mention other stuff, was just the norm for the group of friends I hung around. But one thing was always true. I never feared to walk into the sleaziest beer joint in town, because I probably knew the people in there. Finishing college and working with professional people for so long changed me drastically. My kids never need to know about my past.

Great point! I have things that I regret for sure. I think

Jun 4, 2020, 9:46 PM

the public shaming of folks is a little overboard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2020, 4:27 AM

Very nice post. Well said. Nice job with your children.

Jun 6, 2020, 4:27 AM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic