Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am open to making a coaching change now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

I am open to making a coaching change now

Feb 12, 2020, 11:24 AM

but only if it means that Clemson is truly ready to support basketball. I have felt this way for some time, and posted accordingly in the past when coaching changes were seriously discussed.

Clemson supporting basketball means that our administration and fans are "all in" and committed to being an excellent basketball program. More specifically:

-Being willing to be in the upper echelon of ACC schools when it comes to basketball spending
-Not looking at money spent on basketball as hurting football
-Not viewing support for basketball as compromising our "football school" identity
-Being committed to show up to games in droves and cheer loudly, even when the team isn't playing well
-Consistent effort to maintain and improve facilities
-Not being scared to have big goals

I read posts on here regularly from people who say they want to be better at basketball, yet that is often accompanied by clarifying statement such as "we'll never recruit like UNC and Duke" and "we'll never be consistently good at basketball." This kind of thinking can't exist if we want to be great.

My arguing for keeping Brad another year isn't a result of me having low standards for our program. It isn't based on me thinking that he's the best coach in the world. Instead, it's based on the assumption that Clemson isn't serious about basketball, coupled with the fact that Brad has done a lot of good for us and represents Clemson well. I am encouraged by some of the recent progress we've made in terms of facilities, 20-win seasons, and recruiting. We could do a lot worse, and I think we probably would do worse if we resort to our usual basketball hiring practices. Thus my reason for supporting Brownell so strongly at times.

Perhaps things have changed under Dan Radakovich and President Clements, and we are committed to basketball for the first time ever. But if things haven't changed, then I would rather just keep Brad another year and see how things go. He has done a lot of good here, and I think it's reasonable to give him more time if the alternative is to do what we've always done and hire a mid-major coach who we hope is successful and we hope stays. The ones we have correctly identified as good coaches, and who are successful at Clemson, never stay - except for Brad. And he hasn't yet had the success we all want him to have.

Tl;dr If Clemson is truly committed to basketball, then I would be open to making a coaching change after this season, but my concern is that we are not committed.

Thanks for reading.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I am open to making a coaching change now

Feb 12, 2020, 11:32 AM

we'd have to address the attendance and start time issue. You know how 7 pm is too early and 9pm is too late. So then you'd think 8pm but that is too middle. I'm think 7:43 pm would be a good solution. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 11:48 AM

Excellent post. Well thought out and constructed. I'm with you all the way on that. My two examples would be o4i0 and Fla. As with attendance, that picks up dramatically with W's. Chicken and the egg scenario. It's never going to be a packed house during the week simply because of demographics... Students could help that tremendously though.

Brad's done a lot for us and represent well. For whatever reason, to me personally, he just rubs me the wrong way. Just not that passionate enthusiasm like AB or Dabo, and even Monte.

As for the economics, football will always be king. I'm clueless when it comes to how we stand with money available etc. At this time in Clemson sports, there is no reason we can't bring in the athletes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 12:21 PM

Student attendance was excellent at the lone game I attended this year - Syracuse, which was on a Tuesday night. There were tons of season ticket holders missing - see attached pic. Locals like me need to do a better job trying to hook up some of those empty seats for mid-week games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 12, 2020, 12:44 PM

Didn't know about the students. Just had seen posts before about it not being highly supportive. My main point on attendance was you're not going to get a week day packed house consistently unless you're top 10 playing dook etc.

I don't follow bball recruiting but if he brought in the most talented group ever then give him a chance to win with them.

As for Brad, he just rubs me the wrong way on his press conferences and stuff. I think he's a good guy and probably a good coach. Maybe just not at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I am open to making a coaching change now ]

Yeah, the renovations to LJ are not "regular fan, what else is there" friendly. Show the "grey seats". Gets even worse.

I thought that the area did a great job in fan appreciation/activities in many areas. Regular season holders have been iffy save for the few games, but they really just need to focus on the folks that show up rather than holding space for the fair-weather season ticket holder. Hurts when they bundle tickets.

I go to the cheaper "non-demand" games every chance I have an open weekend. With two toddlers, it is always a risk with their patience and other life things. However, I don't go or purchase the UNC/Duke games or those with blocks. Spending $80 to roll the dice is a bit much for a family every week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I am open to making a coaching change now ]

You are a friend and I will agree to disagree about Brad as a person. You can't buy him a new suit and make him a worse or better coach. And putting lipstick on a pig won't make better tasting bacon, and what was done with Littlejohn wasn't any more than putting a new suit on Brad, or putting lipstick on a pig. IMO, Littlejohn should have been bulldozed down, and a state of the art arena put where Littlejohn is now. That is just my opinion, and I understand my opinion is like butt holes, everybody has one!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am open to making a coaching change now- I so

Feb 12, 2020, 1:37 PM

agree on LJ. We have now had 3 chances to build a good bb facility and have botched it each time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 7:07 PM

I’m sorry guys, but I believe LJ IS “ state of the art “ . I’ve been to several games over the past couple years . Lord knows I went to plenty in the original . I will readily admit LJ 2 was a total waste .

And for those who don’t think we can fill it up , If my memory is correct, it was 4 consecutive sellouts in 75-76 season . It not easy , but yes , it can be done .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2020, 1:12 PM

Checking the 1975 football team.... Red Parker's 2-9 season. Lost to the coot 56-20. So bad people went to basketball games! As a Clemson basketball supporter, I will gladly eliminate every basketball in South Carolina if that ensured that 2-9 football does not happen again.

Feb 12, 2020, 12:01 PM

Thank you JK.

You are the voice of reason when it comes to basketball on this board.

People seem to misunderstand. It’s not black and
White. Just because you support Brownell doesn’t
mean you are completely blind to the negatives over the last 10 years.

I will disagree with you on one point. Unless we could find a big time hire (we wouldn’t) it would be an incredibly stupid decision to fire Brownell after this year.

It took him a while, but we actually will have a talented roster next year. We will have talented experience as well as talented youngins. We should be a much better shooting team next year.

From a recruiting ranking standpoint, we will have 7 4* on our team next year. That has never been the case with Clemson basketball. Our program is in much better shape now than it was when he took over.

If we don’t make the tourney next year, I think it’s time to part ways. But I think we do.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, firing him after this season would only be

Feb 12, 2020, 1:38 PM

if we have a home run hire eager to accept the job.

Otherwise, give him next year, and if we don't make the NCAAs, we would conduct our search then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I agree, firing him after this season would only be

Feb 12, 2020, 4:53 PM

Coaching hires in college BB has to tough bc, a coach coaching at a school that has good/great BB tradition and they bring in on average good to great players, with those players, with no less than 70% fan support, they make an average coach look great. Take that coach that looks great at a BB school that has great support, put him in Littlejohn with the type players we normally get at Clemson with no more BBall support at Clemson as we have, we will have another FIRE the BBall HC in just a few years. Without great BBall support at Clemson bringing in good players and at least 1-2 great players, then we have the same BBall program as we've always had at Clemson, just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Judge, just curious...

Feb 12, 2020, 4:54 PM [ in reply to I agree, firing him after this season would only be ]

who would be a home run hire? What would a salary look like to get that kinda coach in here? I agree with everything you said in your first post on this thread.

However,...

I keep coming up with nothing when it comes to coaches. I can't see us hiring away a Tony Bennet, Roy Williams, Jay Wright, Tom Izzo or Coach K.

Leonard Hamilton is too old, but I wouldn't put him on that same pedestal anyway.

When I look at many others who have had lots of success there seems to be a lot of question marks around their past (see Bill Self, John Calapari) where you just know they've cheated something fierce to win, and they wouldn't fit our culture here at Clemson. Put Boeheim in that group too.

So who does that Leave? I got Mark Few & Bobby Hurley.

I'm not sold on Shaka Smart either, FWIW.

I sure there are some good coaches out there. I just don't know who the short list would be. I, like you, feel that bringing in a big time coach isn't going to automatically put us in the big dance each year though. Recruiting and administrative support has GOT to improve.

Did Brad forget your anniversary or to take out the trash or

Feb 12, 2020, 12:02 PM

something. I kid. I agree with your post. If we decide to make a change, we should go all in and be prepared to pony up and do everything it takes and not be cheap. If we arent willing, then we should just keep Brad based on the things you said and he is a known quantity.

Re: Did Brad forget your anniversary or to take out the trash or

Feb 12, 2020, 6:48 PM

I think you meant “commodity”. ??

no I mean known quantity

Feb 13, 2020, 8:11 AM

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/known%20quantity

Feb 12, 2020, 12:09 PM

Good post. Would be good to see some pragmatism. We have 7 reg games left. FSU and lou are most likely Ls. 4 of the other five are on road, so we get 2 of 4 and home game, thus 14-16. Lets develop some players with remaining year. Put Jeminson in so Simms can get to his natural spot. Start Dawes and Hemenway with Mack. Newman, Trapp, and Tyson good minutes. Start on next year. Why not?

Feb 12, 2020, 12:11 PM

IMPO Judge, if the administration and our Fan base was ALL IN with our BB program, Brad Brownell IMO is the right coach for Clemson but, no coach will have consistency with our BB program without the Admin and fan base being ALL IN, and if not, it's exactly like pisssing up a rope, it will drain right back down!!!

That's been my belief as well.

Feb 12, 2020, 1:42 PM

If he had been given the resources he has requested, and arguably has to have, in order to be successful, then I think we would've seen a lot more success during his first 7 seasons. We simply can't expect coaches to be successful on a consistent basis here, and to also want to stay, if we don't do a better job on facilities, staff budget, etc.

However, Brad hasn't proven that he can produce a winner here. I believe he can, because I think he's a really good coach, but I don't know he can anymore than others here know he can't. But at some point, you need a fresh start. If we have the right guy, and our administration and fans are ready to really support basketball, then I think you have to pull the trigger.

Feb 12, 2020, 12:50 PM

It’s def time for a change , next season will not be much better . Everyone knew this season would be bad so CBB gets a pass . Well he has got a pass the last 5-6 years for some reason or another.
I have been to 100’s of BB games and use to really enjoy it, even in bad years there was always some excitement for ACC games.
Now it’s not even fun when we luck up and win .
These last 2 years have just about completely killed Clemson Basketball.
Keeping CBB another year is only prolonging the inevitable.

Feb 12, 2020, 1:20 PM

Darn Brownell always getting free passes.

I can't believe our administration gave him a free pass after we made the sweet 16 two years ago...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your subject line made me...

Feb 12, 2020, 12:55 PM

The Judge is coming to see ya, Elizabeth!!!

~JKB

I agree that Clemson needs to get serious about basketball.

Feb 12, 2020, 1:13 PM

Keeping Brownell this long is an indication to me that they are not. I don't know what our financial constraints are, but I don't want to believe that we can't be more competitive in that regard. I am very serious when I say, if perpetual mediocrity is the best we can do, and if we aren't serious about it, then we should scrap the program and put the money toward something else.

As far as fan support, the Littlejohn of my youth was one of the toughest venues in the ACC. Loud, rowdy, and packed. I can remember attending "standing room only" games. Bring in some exciting players that can shoot, score, and win at a high level, and the fans will show up. The Clemson basketball fan has been beat down by years of mediocrity. We need hope.

My hope is that Clemson is, or gets, serious about basketball. I hope we have the money to make it happen. If that means more facillities upgrades, then let's do it. I almost certainly believe it means a new coach and a fresh start all the way around. I think it needs to be a very public commitment, announcing our intention of being more competitive, making sure that potential recruits and fans alike know that we are serious, and that this is the beginning of a new and prosperous era for Clemson basketball. There is no doubt in my mind that we can get better players at Clemson, and have a good basketball program that we can all be excited about.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I agree that Clemson needs to get serious about basketball.

Feb 12, 2020, 1:47 PM

I'm sure that the right amount of money that it would take to keep two major programs at the top along with keeping up all other programs would be a problem for the Athletic programs finances. So what is happening is that the people that has to make those decisions, they are sticking with keeping us with a top FB program at Clemson being that College FB is king with bringing in the most revenue... If that is the reason/reasons that we can't afford to keep two major athletic programs at the top, I most definitely, or unambiguously ;) choose FB over any other sport to be our top sport!!!

Baylor, Auburn, FSU, ND and West Virginia are football first

Feb 12, 2020, 3:24 PM

schools, yet they have good basketball programs. It may be that we just don't have the money, but if these other schools can do it, I don't understand why it would be flat out impossible for us, to the point we've basically given up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Good point on those schools listed..

Feb 13, 2020, 8:36 AM

but its worth adding that WVU was mediocre for years and then hit it big when alum Bob Huggins was ready to come home and finish out his career. Auburn is basically us in basketball and took a chance on Pearl...and its paid off. Baylor and FSU have stuck with their coaches for well over a decade now and its really paying off. It took both of those guys 6-7 years before they started making the tourney and Hamilton is is very up and down. Really, looking at Baylor and FSU make you think its best to keep BB long-term and hope the benefits come in his next decade.

I do agree with your other statement that the Clemson Administration (and fans) doesn't care about basketball nearly as much. Its fair to say that baseball is a bigger priority at Clemson...we fired one of the top coaches for his mediocrity and keep the basketball coach for achieving much, much, much less.

Feb 12, 2020, 1:49 PM

I think we have some good young talent on this team, and there is more talent coming in next year. I believe we have a chance to be pretty good next year.. So, I’d give him one more year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like to give him next year also.

Feb 12, 2020, 1:54 PM

But if the opportunity arises to get an amazing coach that is a great fit for our basketball program, who we believe will help us become a basketball power and wants to be at Clemson for a long time, then we should do it.

I don't have much confidence that Clemson is interested in being really good at basketball, due to the perception that it would hinder our football program. Our focus on football is sometimes helpful, but sometimes detrimental, to our overall success as an athletic department.

Re: I would like to give him next year also.

Feb 12, 2020, 6:23 PM

I don't understand that perception at all, and was not aware of it.

- H. L. Mencken

So Brad didn't make the Valentine reservation you asked for?

Feb 12, 2020, 3:38 PM

What a louse.

Brad was 83-40 at UNCW, 84-45 at Wright State

Feb 12, 2020, 3:41 PM

He is 180-139 at Clemson

Some guys just don't make it out of AA ball and get to the show.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 3:44 PM

I read the title, because you know...the world now is 140 characters or less.

Not sure what you said after, but we’d like to thank you for finally contributing your support. About #### time.

Yea this is pretty much how I feel in a nutshell

Feb 12, 2020, 3:51 PM

I don’t see the point of making the move at this time. I want to see if we can turn some kind of corner next year.

Good post Judge

Blah blah blah blah same repetitive crap from you

Feb 12, 2020, 3:52 PM

When has there ever been an issue with Clemson fans not supporting Clemson athletics?

First women’s softball game - SOLD OUT

Clemson football vs anyone - SOLD OUT

Clemson basketball last 3-4 years under OP - SOLD OUT

Administration MAY be an issue but it sure didn’t hamper OP, did it? For all I know our administration isn’t far from any other schools in its support of basketball. So please stop with the administration BS.

If a fun, winning product was put on the court, people would show up in support. We’re in the ACC. We have a gorgeous campus. We have great academics and a perennial top 4 football program these kids can come watch FOR FREE. Brownell has FAILED MISERABLY recruiting for our program. Our team can’t even dribble. They just throw the ball around the perimeter of the 3-point line until someone decides to heave it towards the basket. And they miss. It gets old, man - really freakin old. If we were any good at shooting, it might work. But none of the guys are good 3 point shooters except the freshman from Indiana. Even our defense has dropped off.

Expecting some miraculous improvement next year is nonsensical.

Honest question: did you read my post?***

Feb 12, 2020, 4:07 PM

What's Your Thoughts On

Feb 12, 2020, 3:53 PM

buying players, because that what it takes to consistently win in men's basketball?

If we can be successful in football without buying players

Feb 12, 2020, 4:09 PM

(and I assume that is the case), then we can be successful in basketball without buying players.

It certainly makes it harder to be successful if you don't cheat, but so does recruiting players with high character, making players go to class, expecting them to be good members of the community, etc.

Feb 12, 2020, 4:30 PM

I would like a solution for the IPTAY CROWD who buy tickets to "support" Clemson basketball and show up on occasion...This has nothing to do with Brownell's ability to coach, but could have a lot to do with a recruit wanting to come here...

Feb 12, 2020, 4:33 PM

I could make the 5 hour trip to watch a talented coach lead a talented group of players. What’s been going on right now is pretty discouraging.

too long. not reading.***

Feb 12, 2020, 4:44 PM

Feb 12, 2020, 5:11 PM

First off I love basketball , which is why it is frustrating to watch this team ... with that said I can’t sit here and act like I know Clemsons AD budget and financial status but I will admit while I want Clemson to get back to being a regular tourney team, if that means giving up some football stuff and not keeping up there It goes out the window... football is king here and we all know that. Fans will support the basketball team we have seen it in the past and I don’t think it’s bc we aren’t winning I really think fans are just exhausted watching this for 10 years honestly . Think it’s just time for a new face and get the energy back in LJ bc BB can’t and won’t do that I’m afraid. Again 98% of Clemson fans are ticketed to make the dance MOST years and every few make a little run like we did in ‘17. You have that 2% that will never be happy unfortunately, but I do think with the facility upgrades we can get there with the right guy and continue to make improvements... I think we screwed up wasting money on the two LJ renos instead of using that money to build something unique and super nice

Feb 12, 2020, 5:11 PM

First off I love basketball , which is why it is frustrating to watch this team ... with that said I can’t sit here and act like I know Clemsons AD budget and financial status but I will admit while I want Clemson to get back to being a regular tourney team, if that means giving up some football stuff and not keeping up there It goes out the window... football is king here and we all know that. Fans will support the basketball team we have seen it in the past and I don’t think it’s bc we aren’t winning I really think fans are just exhausted watching this for 10 years honestly . Think it’s just time for a new face and get the energy back in LJ bc BB can’t and won’t do that I’m afraid. Again 98% of Clemson fans are ticketed to make the dance MOST years and every few make a little run like we did in ‘17. You have that 2% that will never be happy unfortunately, but I do think with the facility upgrades we can get there with the right guy and continue to make improvements... I think we screwed up wasting money on the two LJ renos instead of using that money to build something unique and super nice

I had a very dramatic, vocabulary challenged girlfriend once

Feb 12, 2020, 7:16 PM

Her break up letter was only half this long.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

selfish - but what I want

Feb 12, 2020, 7:20 PM

I like to think I am realistic and fair minded when it comes to - do we fire or retain.

I read what JK and others say. Some I agree with, some I don’t. Does not make me right or wrong in doing so. Is simple opinion.

After 10 years - are we better than we were when he started? Are we going in the right direction? Is BB someone I can get behind? Is he putting butts in the seats - both student and season ticket holders?

Better? No.

Right direction? Maybe. But probably not. As fans who are disappointed - we have given BB the extended benefits of the doubt. The sweet 16. Well, I may be the only one, but we were pretty lucky in how the teams fell and matchups. Now, people are doing the talk about the wonderful recruits coming in. Maybe - but history tells us that this is either a mirage or an anomaly. Even if good - is there any sustainability? Who is in the next class and the one after that? If a one time thing, then in 2 years or 1 injury, transfer, and we are back to square 1.

Get behind BB? Not really. Seems like a good guy. But someone who energizes me or the fan base? Someone fun or exciting to engage us? Tell us where we are going and what the plan is? Since there is no message - we sit on tigernet and debate the open void.

Butts in seats? Neither students or alumni/ season ticket holders.

I hear JK loud and clear about all the stars needing to be aligned in order to pull the trigger. Money, right person, admin, students, etc.
maybe he is right. Maybe not. I am simpler than that. If you give me a dynamic leader, someone ho delivers a message to us all, someone to get behind, someone who can go into living rooms of prospects and let their parents and players know that they will have fun and go in the right direction - I believe many of the other issues will take care of themselves. Money helps, but throwing money at a problem does not guarantee success. Pay is not that bad, facilities not that bad, students will come, admin will support. But give me a leader of more than the basketball team.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody cares about basketball.***

Feb 12, 2020, 8:33 PM

one to watch is Pat Kelsey at Winthrop.

Feb 13, 2020, 8:30 AM

Seems to have a ton of energy, has righted the ship at Winthrop and built another winning program. Will not be there very much longer.

Feb 16, 2020, 4:52 PM

The AD doesn't know how to bring in coaches who know how to coach AND recruit!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JK would probably rather this thread hadn’t been “bumped”.***

Feb 16, 2020, 5:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Why would I have a problem with it being bumped?

Feb 16, 2020, 9:16 PM

I don’t regret anything I said. I’m sure it won’t stop you and your cronies from misrepresenting what I said for the next few months though. In fact, it’s already happened.

Re: Why would I have a problem with it being bumped?

Feb 16, 2020, 9:48 PM

I smell gas

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure why you continue to say things that simply...

Feb 17, 2020, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Why would I have a problem with it being bumped? ]

aren't true. I haven't misrepresented what you said, at least not that I'm aware of. The only comment I can think of that you could be referring to was when I said "Nice Flip Flop"...

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Nice-flip-flop-26877207

And when you asked, "Huh?", I explained that it appears (def. To give the impression of being in a certain way; seem) you are a fair weather fan b/c your post, made after a win, seemed to poke fun at folks who wanted CBB replaced (insinuating you are a CBB supporter) when you yourself had just created a thread with "I'm open to making a coaching change now" as the subject (insinuating you are a CBB detractor) after a loss. I never called you a name, or insulted you, just pointed out the irony. In fact, I was very clear that it was just a fair observation, "nothing more, nothing less".

As far as why you wouldn't want it bumped. I would assume, in hindsight, the timing for you on the "I'm open to making a coaching change now" post was not ideal considering we have gone 2-0 since then, with a win over a top 5 team, and a bump could be viewed as throwing fuel on the fire.

Again, I have no problem with you or your support of our coaches/team, but you can't continue to make broad brush accusations, misrepresent facts, gaslight, and/or cherry pick stats and not expect others to point it out. And any time I've pointed it out, I've tried to leave name calling and insults out of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I'm not sure why you continue to say things that simply...

Feb 17, 2020, 8:17 PM

Tl;dr

I would really appreciate it if you could refrain from...

Feb 17, 2020, 8:43 PM

ever logging on to tnet again. No offense.

Re: I would really appreciate it if you could refrain from...

Feb 17, 2020, 9:26 PM

Tl;dr

cronies?

Feb 17, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Why would I have a problem with it being bumped? ]

lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2020, 7:28 AM

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with Judge Keller. I don't think we should fire Coach Brownell. I see us being much better next year and we should stay the course.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic