Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am convinced a lot of our fans are willing to go down
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

I am convinced a lot of our fans are willing to go down

Dec 28, 2012, 10:50 PM

with the ACC no matter what happens. My question is when do you think we have to leave? When GT or UVA leaves? When an FSU leaves?

This is just a question. I know these schools have not left and may never do so. And please...please don't give me the lame excuse of academics. You can have a top 20 university and play in a great football conference.

Where is your line? Personally....if anyone else leaves I feel like we have to leave at that point

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just as the South

Dec 28, 2012, 11:01 PM

The ACC will rise again!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just as the South

Dec 28, 2012, 11:04 PM

LOL!

If it take the ACC a 150+ years, then I am cool with that.

So do the rest of your cooty brethren and fellow leg humpers

Dec 28, 2012, 11:12 PM

nm

It's not up to us so what does what "we" want even matter?

Dec 28, 2012, 11:08 PM

The university has time and again shown that they will do what they think is best no matter what the fans want. That's not going to change, and it's pretty obvious they are happy in the ACC.

Re: It's not up to us so what does what "we" want even matter?

Dec 28, 2012, 11:15 PM

Nothing matters at all to any fan, but seeing as this is a message board I figured I would ask the question. You don't have to answer it.

You ok with making 20mil less a year than our rivals? You think Clemson is "happy" about that?

It's obvious to me they are more worried about academics

Dec 28, 2012, 11:40 PM

Why worry about something we have no input or control over or get bent out of shape when someone seemingly has a different opinion? It doesn't really matter one way or the other. So what if some want to stay in the ACC? What they want isn't going to make a difference one way or the other unless they are a decision maker in the university and I doubt they would be on tnet.

Re: It's obvious to me they are more worried about academics

Dec 28, 2012, 11:42 PM

That is why the question was asked. Tell me why a top football program would stay in the ACC if another school leaves. Academics have zero to do with athletic realignment. Zero.

All you can go on is what the school leaders have said

Dec 28, 2012, 11:47 PM

Publicly...not all the speculation that's out there. And, everything that has been said publicly is that academics matter. So, whether or not you or I think that should be the case doesn't really matter.

Re: All you can go on is what the school leaders have said

Dec 29, 2012, 12:07 AM

If academics matter why did the Big 12 pick up WVU. If academics matter why did the SEC go after TAMU and Missouri. If academics mattered then schools like these would not be getting the call.

Thats just my take

I'm talking about what matters to Clemsons leaders not

Dec 29, 2012, 12:09 AM

Other schools.

Re: I'm talking about what matters to Clemsons leaders not

Dec 29, 2012, 12:13 AM

So Clemson leaders have chosen to become a mid tier football program? Is that what your implying?

I'm telling you that they have chosen to stay in the ACC

Dec 29, 2012, 12:39 AM

To this point and that academics is a big reason for that. Anything else you want to imply from that is up to you.

Dec 29, 2012, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: It's obvious to me they are more worried about academics ]

Tell me why a top football program would leave the ACC if our brand were stronger. Build your brand, don't run from it. If the powers to be won't let the brand be built stronger, then each school has a decision to make. You have to be unified in purpose and presently we are making inroads to making the ACC a stronger football brand.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2012, 10:34 AM

That is what I was looking for Hinds. Is everyone in the ACC unified in making our football programs better. Everyone gets the same cut from revenue sharing yet it seems like certain small private schools have been unwilling to spend the money on their football program BC, Wake, and Duke really bring our conference down. I am glad Duke has finally decided to try an upgrade their football stadium. I fully expect that to be finished in 2050

exactly !

Dec 29, 2012, 1:20 AM [ in reply to It's obvious to me they are more worried about academics ]

!

Dec 29, 2012, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: It's not up to us so what does what "we" want even matter? ]

Then do something about our brand, or if you think our brand warrants more money, then do something about the conference leadership! My suggestion is to do something about our brand!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2012, 10:36 AM

You create your brand by gaining more money. It is no coincidence that the conferences with the most money from TV contracts are winning.

They have more money for

1. Building facilities
2. Hiring the best coaches
3. Creating more athletic office positions(restrict coaches)

The SEC has the money right now and that is why they are good.

Re: I am convinced a lot of our fans are willing to go down

Dec 28, 2012, 11:16 PM

lmao....looks like my buddy Warren is on the prowl again

"we' ? not sure what you mean by "we"

Dec 28, 2012, 11:17 PM

You have never demonstrated a " we" factor in any of your posts.

They are always negative, wanting to change something that does not need changing. Signifying nothing.

Re: "we' ? not sure what you mean by "we"

Dec 28, 2012, 11:19 PM

There is nothing negative about wanting to leave the ACC. Nothing. For how smart you claim to be Warren it doesn't show up on the board.

I knew I could troll your #### stalker ### out of the wood work. Worked to perfection

My name IS Warren, not sure why you are creeping on me !

Dec 28, 2012, 11:23 PM

Just stating an opinion.

Kinda weird.

Re: My name IS Warren, not sure why you are creeping on me !

Dec 28, 2012, 11:25 PM

Definition of hypocrite. Ill leave it at that Warren. Next time you want to be my TD stalker think twice about it.

Re: My name IS Warren, not sure why you are creeping on me !

Dec 28, 2012, 11:29 PM

oooohhh, go chalk a ballfield son, leave the commentary to the big boys

Dec 29, 2012, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: "we' ? not sure what you mean by "we" ]

palmettoson, you need to get back on your meds, big guy. Your fan club of 1 is sick. Happy New Year

Dec 29, 2012, 10:39 AM

Can I borrow some from you? And I literally could give 2 foot long turds how many people like the question. It is a valid question. And my fan club hasn't been at 1 for years.

Dec 29, 2012, 8:18 AM [ in reply to "we' ? not sure what you mean by "we" ]

Tigers84a, now that is a good accurate post.

Would you have us go to the Big 12 without FSU?

Dec 28, 2012, 11:21 PM

the Big 12 is the only other conference that will take us. Neither the B1g or the SEC is an option. Therefore, unless FSU leaves, I think it would be the height of stupidity to leave the ACC for the big 12

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would you have us go to the Big 12 without FSU?

Dec 28, 2012, 11:22 PM

Nope. I already put my opinion in the thread. I am actually fine with the membership currently in place, but I find it laughable that some are worried about travel and academics if and when a school was to leave.

I actually think Louisville is an upgrade to UMD

Go to the Big Twelve where your closest away game drive

Dec 28, 2012, 11:48 PM

would be to Morgantown, W.Va.? No thanks!

Tiger/Terrier

Re: Go to the Big Twelve where your closest away game drive

Dec 29, 2012, 10:42 AM

Or stay in the ACC and never have a game where people will want to travel to it.

Example: Clemson vs. Oklahoma (13 hour drive) or Clemson vs. Duke (4 hour drive).

I know which one I am going to and which one I am not

Sure you will! Gas 5 a gallon. Fans would probably see one

Dec 29, 2012, 10:50 PM

to none away games a year.

Tiger/Terrier

I'll take a shot. normally an invite comes first?***

Dec 29, 2012, 12:04 AM

nm

Re: Unfortunately a lot of our fan base is turning into as

Dec 29, 2012, 12:22 AM

Big a bunch of pu$$es as the conference we play in. And to use the academic thing as an argument? Good grief

Dec 29, 2012, 6:56 AM

Your missing the key point here,but don't feel left out.A lot of people miss out on this one very important key point.
You can leave the ACC any time you want ,providing you can come up with the exit fee.But Clemson cannot survive being independent( like Notre Dame) unless "SOME CONFERENCE EXTENDS AN INVITATION TO JOIN".
That is the key point you are missing.An INVITATION TO JOIN ANOTHER CONFERENCE.
It has nothing to do with academics.
It has everything to do with being extended an invitation.Last I heard Clemson hasn't recieved one.
So we are here no matter what schools leave.
Heck,N.C.State could be asked to join the SEC.Wouldn't do anything to help us.
FSU to the Big 12 would make 13 teams.Clemson would only become # 14 if they are asked.
So leave if you want,but being an independent won't be any fun unless you go 12-0 like the only independent school in America;ie Notre Dame.
I suggest you stay put till asked.

Dec 29, 2012, 10:43 AM

If FSU leaves the Big 12 will extend multiple invitations and Clemson would be one. Clemson doesn't have to worry about being left out. The football brand would be the best available.

Dec 29, 2012, 8:06 AM

palmettoson, where would you suggest Clemson go, assuming that we do go somewhere else? Big 12 (travel is awful), BIG (travel is awful)? What do we have in common with the schools in those conferences? Why not continue to build the ACC into a name brand football conference? We have done it in basketball. I prefer "running to something" rather than "running from something". Build our brand by beating LSU and then Georgia in the first game next year followed by beating the Coots. Then let the SEC decide what they want to do about certain teams in other conferences beating up on some of their best teams. As it stands now, there isn't a chance at all that we would be invited to the SEC. Build our brand, then let's see what happens.

Dec 29, 2012, 10:46 AM

Hinds,

Seriously.....your reading comprehension sucks. I already said if everyone stays the ACC is a good spot. If anybody else leaves that has a big football brand you have to leave.

You cannot just grow programs into winners when those programs could care less. They want the money (equal part of the pie) and then they don't spend it. That then kills our TV contract when they blow on the field every fall

AND WHERE IN THE **** DID I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE SEC. You need to get your head checked old man. Dementia setting in.

Not that easy---we have to be invited first***

Dec 29, 2012, 8:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leave when FSU does...hopefully at SAME Time!

Dec 29, 2012, 10:19 AM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic